Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Was Gingers book a waste of paper?

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:43 pm

I'm curious to what others think of the book? I've just finished reading it and feel,as far s gainning an understanding of what Elvis as going through those final months,it was a let down.

Re: Was Gingers book a waste of paper?

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:48 pm

I liked the book. Another personal perspective from somebody who was there.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:57 pm

I thought it was a good read, I had no expectations before reading it.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:24 pm

No

Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:51 pm

Nice read. According to Ginger Elvis did have some good times during those last months of his life.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:54 pm

I think he was relaxed in Hawaii in March 1977 in his last vacation, but not after this.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:20 pm

Why would it be a waste of paper? She has a story in her perspective that only she has witnessed.
I actually found it quite hard to put down once reading it.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:38 pm

It wasn't for me! :smt005. Thanks for asking!. Bye for now :smt006.

JEFF d
EP fan

Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:42 pm

At this point you can make an argument that any Elvis book that gets released that doesn't offer something extremely new is a waste.

So many Elvis books have been written and so many have said the same things with no new insight.

Ginger Alden offered up a couple of interesting tibids that I didn't know about otherwise it was the same old thing like every other book.

I feel that she also wasn't being honest about everything and that made it less interesting.

I didn't expect Ginger Alden to be completely honest though.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:30 am

:D Reading parts of it again last Saturday i found all the post Elvis death observations etc invaluable and extremely true/interesting!

Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:47 am

Why are her post death observations noteworthy? I haven't read this but I would think her pre death experiences and observations would be more unique and interesting.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:27 am

brian wrote:I feel that she also wasn't being honest about everything and that made it less interesting.

Same here,and from reading many other books and stories told over the years I think Elvis health and drug abuse
was a much bigger problem than Ginger says in the book.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:14 am

stevelecher wrote:Why are her post death observations noteworthy? I haven't read this but I would think her pre death experiences and observations would be more unique and interesting.

Because of the way she notes how the people around behaved and what they said, that's the interesting bit!~

Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:18 pm

After reading some of the other books that detailed the struggles Elvis was going through that last year and then reading Gingers the two didn't add up,accordoing to others Elvis was in a bad place with health issues and the impending EWH book yet there was barely a mention of this in Gingers.Regarding his weight gain she said that he looked good when he went bare chested? Too me she could have presented the book in a more honest way along the lines of Alanna Nashe's RMM book.I've just read Gingers book and because I collect the books I will keep it but as I said,too me, it was a waste of paper.

Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:36 am

I don`t regret reading the book, it was interesting to read how she remember her days with him, but I don`t think I had lost anything important if I hadn`t read it.

Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:35 am

elvisa wrote:I don`t regret reading the book, it was interesting to read how she remember her days with him, but I don`t think I had lost anything important if I hadn`t read it.

My experience with her book is that it was flat, bland. Emotionless. While I respect Ginger's point of view, I can't say that I learned much in the way of her's and Elvis's time together. In his early forties, he comes across as a much older man. In today's entertainment world the same age gap is barely noticeable. But then today's entertainers are healthier, have access to more information.