Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:49 am

If they were to find a soundboard from the fall of 1970. the best shows would probably be One of The LA Forum shows or Portland. The worst would probably be Seattle. Which i think clocked in at around 35 to 40 min!!!!!! Elvis did not even sing "Bridge" or "Suspicious Minds". That's just WRONG...

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:56 am

DEH wrote:If they were to find a soundboard from the fall of 1970. the best shows would probably be One of The LA Forum shows or Portland. The worst would probably be Seattle. Which i think clocked in at around 35 to 40 min!!!!!! Elvis did not even sing "Bridge" or "Suspicious Minds". That's just WRONG...

It could be that the tape wasn't complete. For years, some thought that the Richmond show on April 10. 1972 was shortened, until a better source released the entire show, unveiling more songs in the show.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:50 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
DEH wrote:If they were to find a soundboard from the fall of 1970. the best shows would probably be One of The LA Forum shows or Portland. The worst would probably be Seattle. Which i think clocked in at around 35 to 40 min!!!!!! Elvis did not even sing "Bridge" or "Suspicious Minds". That's just WRONG...

It could be that the tape wasn't complete. For years, some thought that the Richmond show on April 10. 1972 was shortened, until a better source released the entire show, unveiling more songs in the show.

Exactly right. Unless a Seattle review is uncovered where the reviewer makes note of what was and was not played, or a new tape surfaces, it is more than likely the tape source in question is incomplete.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:19 am

I cannot make out cuts..years ago I have checked..

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:43 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:Nice set list. Would love to see this released soon on FTD.

That´s Alright/ I Got A Woman/ Love Me Tender/ In The Ghetto/ I´ve Lost You/ You´ve Lost That Lovin´ Feelin´/ Polk Salad Annie/ Johnny B. Goode/ The Wonder Of You/ Heartbreak Hotel/ Blue Suede Shoes/ Bridge Over Troubled Water/ Suspicious Minds/ Hound Dog/ Funny How Time Slips Away/ Can´t Help Falling In Love

with bonus song: Trying To Get To You From Nov.14 in LA

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Elvis was fantastic in 1970. I would much rather have a short show by a healthy Elvis than a long one by him in 1976-77.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:48 pm

There was a thread a few years ago where it talked about a few reviews that said he did not sing those songs in seattle.