Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve show

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:29 pm

Does anyone know? We have a very good audience recording of the evening show. If the soundboard is of the afternoon show, then I would think it would be more likely to become a FTD release.

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:57 pm

Plus I was at the Afternoon show.

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:10 pm

What soundboard?

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:14 pm

Bobc wrote:Plus I was at the Afternoon show.


We only have a bad sounding audience recording of the evening show as yet.
Did you record the afternoon show..? If so..please send me a copy.. :wink:

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:52 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
Bobc wrote:Plus I was at the Afternoon show.


We only have a bad sounding audience recording of the evening show as yet.
Did you record the afternoon show..? If so..please send me a copy.. :wink:


It's the only show I didn't record. My mother saw on the ticket where it said you couldn't record it. Then I went and saw several people with tape recorders.

As luck would have it, it's the only show I attended that hasn't shown up.

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:55 pm

Rob wrote:What soundboard?


There is supposed to be a soundboard of one of the Tampa 1970 shows.

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:33 pm

This one...? Or is this one of those cases where just a tape box exists?
Tampa soundboard

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Where do you know from..?

i know a lot of people who "know"..
but never show up with any evidence.. :wink:

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:42 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:This one...? Or is this one of those cases where just a tape box exists?
Tampa soundboard


That would most likely be it. The evening show. I guess the afternoon show is not going to show up.

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:49 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Where do you know from..?

i know a lot of people who "know"..
but never show up with any evidence.. :wink:


I never said I knew. I said there was supposed to be.

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:01 am

Scott Hayward wrote:This one...? Or is this one of those cases where just a tape box exists?
Tampa soundboard



"It is a great show. The sound is great too.
Thanks to Jürgen Keilwerth for sharing his collection"

Can we track down this guy?
"Great sound" is something I'd rather judge for myself.

8)

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Even if this is true. Those september 1970 shows were usually 40 to 45 min long. Not much to get excited about.

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:19 pm

DEH wrote:Even if this is true. Those september 1970 shows were usually 40 to 45 min long. Not much to get excited about.


I disagree. A slightly shorter show doesn't mean inferior performances. I'd like to hear a fall 70 soundboard. Presley was at a live performing peak in Aug 70 during TTWII. Hearing him the following month in Sept 70 should be similarly good. Plus you have rowdier and younger fans (plus larger concert venues) on the road which might have energized his performances. Elvis lost weight for the fall 70 road tour, indicating he took this road tour very seriously. He likely delivered some knockout performances.

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:47 pm

monkboughtlunch wrote:
DEH wrote:Even if this is true. Those september 1970 shows were usually 40 to 45 min long. Not much to get excited about.


I disagree. A slightly shorter show doesn't mean inferior performances. I'd like to hear a fall 70 soundboard. Presley was at a live performing peak in Aug 70 during TTWII. Hearing him the following month in Sept 70 should be similarly good. Plus you have rowdier and younger fans (plus larger concert venues) on the road which might have energized his performances. Elvis lost weight for the fall 70 road tour, indicating he took this road tour very seriously. He likely delivered some knockout performances.


Presley was not at his live performing peak in August 1970 - but I would still love to hear a soundboard of a Tour 1970 show, because they were likely the best tours post 1957.

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:03 pm

DEH wrote:Even if this is true. Those september 1970 shows were usually 40 to 45 min long. Not much to get excited about.



You probaby wouldn't be interested in his first TV appearance on the STage Show because
it last only about 5 minutes.

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Good Time Charlie wrote:
monkboughtlunch wrote:
DEH wrote:Even if this is true. Those september 1970 shows were usually 40 to 45 min long. Not much to get excited about.


I disagree. A slightly shorter show doesn't mean inferior performances. I'd like to hear a fall 70 soundboard. Presley was at a live performing peak in Aug 70 during TTWII. Hearing him the following month in Sept 70 should be similarly good. Plus you have rowdier and younger fans (plus larger concert venues) on the road which might have energized his performances. Elvis lost weight for the fall 70 road tour, indicating he took this road tour very seriously. He likely delivered some knockout performances.


Presley was not at his live performing peak in August 1970 - but I would still love to hear a soundboard of a Tour 1970 show, because they were likely the best tours post 1957.

I agree with that, but he was still performing nice songs and looking great. Minus the jumpsuits! :!:

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:27 pm

Good Time Charlie wrote:
Presley was not at his live performing peak in August 1970 - but I would still love to hear a soundboard of a Tour 1970 show, because they were likely the best tours post 1957.


Why so anal and intent on putting words in my mouth? I didn't say he was at "his" live performing peak in 1970 (implying only one peak). I said he was at "a" live performing peak. Other peaks include the 50s, 1961, 1968, 1969 etc. No argument there. If someone wants to dismiss the quality of a Sept. 70 soundboard due to brevity, one throws out the baby with the bathwater.

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:36 am

40 to 45 min shows are not good at all in my opinion. On top of that he had shortened "I've Lost You" and "The Wonder Of You" by this time too. His shows in August were longer than that for the most part. Although by the end of that Vegas Engagement the shows were getting shorter. closer to the tour shows.

If i had been in the crowd and he had delivered a show THAT short i would be like WTF??????

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:44 am

DEH wrote:Even if this is true. Those september 1970 shows were usually 40 to 45 min long. Not much to get excited about.

Elvis played 30-45 minute sets in 1956-1957, too. Not much to get excited about there as well?

Fans have never heard an officially-released tour show from February-March, September or November 1970. We're now past the forty-year mark. No one is getting any younger. Anything that comes down the pike from FTD, RCA or Sony from these tours will be a BIG deal.

After 1970, Elvis would never be the same on tour, and I don't just mean because the Imperials left (although that was somewhat significant).

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:48 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
DEH wrote:Even if this is true. Those september 1970 shows were usually 40 to 45 min long. Not much to get excited about.

Elvis played 30-45 minute sets in 1956-1957, too. Not much to get excited about there as well?

Fans have never heard an officially-released tour show from February-March, September or November 1970. We're now past the forty-year mark. No one is getting any younger. Anything that comes down the pike from FTD, RCA or Sony from these tours will be a BIG deal.

After 1970, Elvis would never be the same on tour, and I don't just mean because the Imperials left (although that was somewhat significant).


Yeah but in 1970 a 40 to 45 min show is crazy. You don't think The November 1971 tour is better than September 1970???

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:55 am

This first tour wasn`t very well organised anyway.. and I think they wanted to keep the length of the shows they were accustomed to..the 1 hour Vegas time..they amended the error on the tours to come..forgive them this first try...

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:39 pm

monkboughtlunch wrote:
Good Time Charlie wrote:
Presley was not at his live performing peak in August 1970 - but I would still love to hear a soundboard of a Tour 1970 show, because they were likely the best tours post 1957.


Why so anal and intent on putting words in my mouth? I didn't say he was at "his" live performing peak in 1970 (implying only one peak). I said he was at "a" live performing peak. Other peaks include the 50s, 1961, 1968, 1969 etc. No argument there. If someone wants to dismiss the quality of a Sept. 70 soundboard due to brevity, one throws out the baby with the bathwater.


Sorry mate, I misread your intentions in the comment. Thought you said he was at his live peak across his career.

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:17 pm

Good Time Charlie wrote:
monkboughtlunch wrote:
Good Time Charlie wrote:
Presley was not at his live performing peak in August 1970 - but I would still love to hear a soundboard of a Tour 1970 show, because they were likely the best tours post 1957.


Why so anal and intent on putting words in my mouth? I didn't say he was at "his" live performing peak in 1970 (implying only one peak). I said he was at "a" live performing peak. Other peaks include the 50s, 1961, 1968, 1969 etc. No argument there. If someone wants to dismiss the quality of a Sept. 70 soundboard due to brevity, one throws out the baby with the bathwater.


Sorry mate, I misread your intentions in the comment. Thought you said he was at his live peak across his career.


I think it would be nice and interesting to hear, but just like that Houston show from 1974 without the orchestra, it wasn't anything particularly special after all the talk about it. But nice to have.

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:35 am

on Portland he is on fire....crazy show....love it!

Re: Is the soundboard of the Tampa 1970 show the aft or eve

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:44 am

Nice set list. Would love to see this released soon on FTD.

That´s Alright/ I Got A Woman/ Love Me Tender/ In The Ghetto/ I´ve Lost You/ You´ve Lost That Lovin´ Feelin´/ Polk Salad Annie/ Johnny B. Goode/ The Wonder Of You/ Heartbreak Hotel/ Blue Suede Shoes/ Bridge Over Troubled Water/ Suspicious Minds/ Hound Dog/ Funny How Time Slips Away/ Can´t Help Falling In Love