Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis memorabilia at Heritage Auctions

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi all,

Heritage Auctions have released their latest Entertainment and Music Memorabilia and once again, it is full of Elvis memorabilia. I focused on the used microphone from the Louisiana Hayride in the article below:

http://www.paulfrasercollectibles.com/N ... 12422.page

What do you think about the provenance of the microphone. I personally feel that it won't sell that well as they cant prove that Elvis used it (despite saying otherwise). Either way it's still a great piece of music memorabilia.

Cheers,

Joe

Re: Elvis memorabilia at Heritage Auctions

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 am

Have to say that the provenance of the mic itself looks pretty solid. But as you said, no proof that this is the mic that Elvis used.
Would they bring the same mics to every place of the Hayride?
Or would the mic stay at the local place?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:05 am

Is there anything that the ordinary man in the street can go for or is it all $20,000 dollars for an item that Elvis (probably) once owned type of stuff?? :roll:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:21 am

I've never seen a picture of Elvis at the Hayride using a 55, only the RCA 77 DX. While that may well be from the KWKH studio it is not the one pictured on stage in the photo from the Dec. 15th show. That is a 55 SW while the one in the photo(s) onstage is a 55S (no switch).
http://scottymoore.net/shure55s.html

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:02 pm

Tony, yes there's quite a lot of stuff that goes for cheaper. Just visit Heritage Auctions' website. We (Paul Fraser Collectibles) also has a couple of signed photographs and strands of his hair (from the army haircut), but I don't want to be plugging that on here to avoid annoying people. Most auctions have something reasonably affordable, but unfortunately I;m told to write about the most expensive as we are aiming for high-end audiences.

I have to say, you guys' knowledge of those microphones is outstanding. I might speak to you before I write next time!

Joe

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:45 pm

that's what I like about it. There are so many people around who have skills, knowledge and are willing to share that knowledge.
Love it!