Re: From Sony --France Issue

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:18 pm

Looks good!

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:50 pm

Ty Barry -Looks Great - Ty for sharing this buddy

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:21 pm

It's interesting how people moan about the PD collections cluttering the Elvis shelves with pointless issues - and yet here is Sony yet again doing the same thing for no apparent reason.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:29 pm

poormadpeter wrote:It's interesting how people moan about the PD collections cluttering the Elvis shelves with pointless issues - and yet here is Sony yet again doing the same thing for no apparent reason.

:shock: :shock: no apparent reason, how about Sony wants your money to be spent on their products and not PD releases, hence these continous releases from sony as well :D that really was a no brainer my friend, oh well you must have had a hard day at work, alls good :D

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:18 pm

sweetangeline wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:It's interesting how people moan about the PD collections cluttering the Elvis shelves with pointless issues - and yet here is Sony yet again doing the same thing for no apparent reason.

:shock: :shock: no apparent reason, how about Sony wants your money to be spent on their products and not PD releases, hence these continous releases from sony as well :D that really was a no brainer my friend, oh well you must have had a hard day at work, alls good :D

There is no good reason for this product. Sony released "The Real Elvis Presley" just last year, a 3CD hodge-podge of tracks from 1954-61, very similar to the one displayed here. By releasing this new product (presumably in the same bargain price range), it is simply competing against itself and yet again adding another worthless Elvis compilation into the already muddied waters of the Elvis catalogue.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:27 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:

There is no good reason for this product. Sony released "The Real Elvis Presley" just last year, a 3CD hodge-podge of tracks from 1954-61, very similar to the one displayed here. By releasing this new product (presumably in the same bargain price range), it is simply competing against itself and yet again adding another worthless Elvis compilation into the already muddied waters of the Elvis catalogue.

its Xmas & the biggest selling time of the year. this is still the sort of release that the general public will buy & indirectly these releases do help fund our FTDs, 'thats a fact buddy & you know it well'

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:34 pm

When you come right down to it, Sony do not have to reissue any Elvis Product as it is all out on the market.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:31 am

Barry wrote:When you come right down to it, Sony do not have to reissue any Elvis Product as it is all out on the market.

if you think that`s going to happen, think again!!! :shock:

poormadpeter wrote:There is no good reason for this product. Sony released "The Real Elvis Presley" just last year, a 3CD hodge-podge of tracks from 1954-61, very similar to the one displayed here. By releasing this new product (presumably in the same bargain price range), it is simply competing against itself and yet again adding another worthless Elvis compilation into the already muddied waters of the Elvis catalogue.

toss all your reasoning out the window my friend, this has been going on for years and you want it to come to an end, trust me it never will, it`s the Elvis 4th quarter money making holiday love machine :lol:

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:59 am

As we all know Elvis is the RCA/Sony, money making machine, have they ever had any concern as to how much Elvis product they issue---ROCK ON ELVIS.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:20 am

Barry wrote:As we all know Elvis is the RCA/Sony, money making machine, have they ever had any concern as to how much Elvis product they issue---ROCK ON ELVIS.

exactly, complete turn-around from that previous statement Barry, I have that effect on people :lol:

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:29 am

Barry wrote:When you come right down to it, Sony do not have to reissue any Elvis Product as it is all out on the market.

but they do it anyway...

Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:03 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:

What a bullsh.t you are talking ( and not only on this topic....). This cd set is not new and was released by the RTL Television organisation in co-operation with Sony. They released it instead of the awful I AM AN ELVIS FAN set. The same thing as in Australia where they released the BY REQUEST cd set. This COLLECTION set has been out for quite a few months now and was selling very good in France. And no , not for a bargain price but 'normal' price ( what's normal these days) between 15- 18 euro.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:24 pm

$$$$

Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:29 pm

I can confirm that this cd is selling good here in France . This is a really nice set with a beautiful text written by famous RTL radio ( not TV morero :wink: ) disc jockey George Lang . This cd was released in cooperation with the french fan club Elvis My happiness . Tracklist was based on the votes of french fans and RTL listeners

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:05 pm

I like the track list. Where/how can I purchase this item?

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Try amazone France
http://www.amazon.fr/Elvis-Presley-La-C ... 361&sr=8-1
I've bought several 35th anniversary compilations and this is the best in my opinion