Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Music & Photos

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:29 am

i'm not gonna buy this just for the photos, because i certainly wouldn't buy it for the cd's

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:35 am

Is there a link?

Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:28 am

What is the purpose of this thing? I don't get it.

And it's going to be the 45th anniversary of the '68 Comeback, which should be the CHIEF, or even SOLE focus of 2013!!! (We'd love a set of LOTS of outtakes from the recording sessions! And maybe a DVD of interviews with the musicians, and Bones Howe, and . . .)

1968! 1968! 1968!

Banging on the jailhouse bars!

rjm

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:47 pm

rjm wrote:What is the purpose of this thing? I don't get it.

And it's going to be the 45th anniversary of the '68 Comeback, which should be the CHIEF, or even SOLE focus of 2013!!! (We'd love a set of LOTS of outtakes from the recording sessions! And maybe a DVD of interviews with the musicians, and Bones Howe, and . . .)

1968! 1968! 1968!

rjm

You nailed it - if we could start getting short documentaries (the longer the better) like we did with the Prince/Planet release, I'd be one very happy Elvis Presley fan! I am busting to hear stores about the rehearsals Elvis and the June 29, 1968 band must had prior to those live shows: I don't think I have ever read accounts of those days, and they would make for an 'out of this world' listening experience.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:04 pm

1968! 1968! 1968!

rjm

RJM, with all due respect we already have a 4CD set containing virtually the complete live shows and the rehearsals, and we have Let Yourself Go containing studio outtakes, plus a cluster of others spread over other releases. We have the best of what is out there already. Any other 68 comeback release is going to consist solely of the dregs. What's more, to who does a 45th anniversary matter? No-one. We can't have a 4CD set for the fortieth anniversary and then expect something special for the 45th anniversary as well!

I should imagine that 2013 will provide a release based around the fortieth anniversary of Aloha instead.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:08 pm

rjm

i don't. sitting through all those rehearsals on the dvd set we already have, was more than enough. i'm never doing it again