Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Question on Prince vinyl release

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:46 am

I ordered the vinyl for the prince from another planet release from Elvis.com. When I ordered it showed the same cover as the cd/dvd release. I got the record today and the cover is the same as the original MSG release from the 70's. Did they change the cover? or did I get shipped the wrong record. The show thats on the vinyl (2 lp set) is the same as the original release. I for some reason was thinkng the new vinyl was the other show. I
am kinda disappointed in the cover, just because I thought I was getting a totally different release. I'm fine with what I got, but my guestion is, was there another release on vinyl ? i would have ordered both. I checked Elvis.com and they are no longer showing a vinyl option for either the Prince set or the one I received, which of course may well be the same record.
Thanks folks
Murph

Re: Question on Prince vinyl release

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:51 am

murph1031 wrote:I ordered the vinyl for the prince from another planet release from Elvis.com. When I ordered it showed the same cover as the cd/dvd release. I got the record today and the cover is the same as the original MSG release from the 70's. Did they change the cover? or did I get shipped the wrong record. The show thats on the vinyl (2 lp set) is the same as the original release. I for some reason was thinkng the new vinyl was the other show. I
am kinda disappointed in the cover, just because I thought I was getting a totally different release. I'm fine with what I got, but my guestion is, was there another release on vinyl ? i would have ordered both. I checked Elvis.com and they are no longer showing a vinyl option for either the Prince set or the one I received, which of course may well be the same record.
Thanks folks
Murph

when it was announced they where calling it prince from another planet, later it became clear it would be the original release, and remastered. as the Legacy release also has the title: Recorded live at madison square garden.