Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Best way to upgrade sound from Essential Elvis FTD or Legacy

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:11 pm

For example is the FTD Hits from the 70s a upgrade from the 70s box set. Just for improved sound would you go with the legacy Back in Memphis legacy or the FTD?

Re: Best way to upgrade sound from Essential Elvis FTD or Le

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Bobc wrote:For example is the FTD Hits from the 70s a upgrade from the 70s box set.

Yes
Bobc wrote:Just for improved sound would you go with the legacy Back in Memphis legacy or the FTD?

To clarify, From Elvis in Memphis was issued on the Sony Legacy label not Back in Memphis... and I would definitely go for Back in Memphis FTD as well as the Legacy edition of From Elvis in Memphis.

Re: Best way to upgrade sound from Essential Elvis FTD or Le

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:28 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
Bobc wrote:For example is the FTD Hits from the 70s a upgrade from the 70s box set.

Yes
Bobc wrote:Just for improved sound would you go with the legacy Back in Memphis legacy or the FTD?

To clarify, From Elvis in Memphis was issued on the Sony Legacy label not Back in Memphis... and I would definitely go for Back in Memphis FTD as well as the Legacy edition of From Elvis in Memphis.


Sorry I ment from elvis in memphis. I'm trying to do this and work at the same time. Thanks for all your input.

Re: Best way to upgrade sound from Essential Elvis FTD or Le

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:30 pm

If it's something you're after, From Elvis in Memphis does have the mono versions of several tracks which I don't believe are available on any other official Sony CD.

Re: Best way to upgrade sound from Essential Elvis FTD or Le

Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:43 am

elvis-fan wrote:
Bobc wrote:For example is the FTD Hits from the 70s a upgrade from the 70s box set.

Yes
Bobc wrote:Just for improved sound would you go with the legacy Back in Memphis legacy or the FTD?

To clarify, From Elvis in Memphis was issued on the Sony Legacy label not Back in Memphis... and I would definitely go for Back in Memphis FTD as well as the Legacy edition of From Elvis in Memphis.


Although this is true, the Legacy Edition does contain 'Back In Memphis' as mastered by Vic Anesini on disc 2 with the aforementioned mono masters of the singles from those sessions, so if you're on a budget that could be the way to go, however if you are interested in an extra disc and a half of out-takes etc then the FTD 'Back in Memphis' would be the essential release.

Re: Best way to upgrade sound from Essential Elvis FTD or Le

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:23 am

When it comes to American Sound 1969 -- never skimp. Paramount Scoring Stage 1966 -- skimp away.