Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Houston November 1971

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:03 pm

With the absolutely stellar footage available of this concert (better than the newly released MSG afternoon show) and with it being almost the complete show (this is just a distorted clip from youtube... there's more to it) it would make for an outstanding FTD release to have the first generation footage synced with a soundboard recording (If available). It's been released on DVD in the past but I don't believe it was a first generation source... I'm also not sure if there's a soundboard tape... would be great to see the finished product though if it could be done. This was an outstanding show.

phpBB [video]

Re: Houston November 1971

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:17 pm

cool footage!

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:27 pm

Stunning.....totally different feeling..to SEE and not only to listening to the AR..

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Awesome clip! Thanks for posting.

Totally agree... "would be great to see the finished product though if it could be done."

::rocks

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:44 pm

I don't want to spoil the party but there's no soundboard tape.
Footage is great though. Elvis in November 71: his best 70s tour!

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:46 pm

its good and thats from a VHS transfer

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:09 pm

elvis-fan wrote:With the absolutely stellar footage available of this concert (better than the newly released MSG afternoon show) and with it being almost the complete show (this is just a distorted clip from youtube... there's more to it) it would make for an outstanding FTD release to have the first generation footage synced with a soundboard recording (If available). It's been released on DVD in the past but I don't believe it was a first generation source... I'm also not sure if there's a soundboard tape... would be great to see the finished product though if it could be done. This was an outstanding show.

phpBB [video]

Outstanding for the period, you mean.

There is so much ironic distance in this performance, and the '50s hits are already being relegated to the dumpster, and yet Elvis remains so energetic and charismatic that it all works. And his sleek, cat-like appearance still belies the "fat '70s jumpsuit" cliche -- this would become a reality much later.

For where Presley was at in his stage career, a DVD as you describe would be perfect.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Great to see. A few of the 1970 type moves still evident too.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:21 pm

All of the November '71 footage is great. A lot of energy, I'm not really sure what he's punching, put he looks like he's kicking the hell out of something. I never really thought of '71 as that great of a year for Elvis until I saw some of the footage. I love it.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:26 pm

jparsons1969 wrote:All of the November '71 footage is great. A lot of energy, I'm not really sure what he's punching, put he looks like he's kicking the hell out of something. I never really thought of '71 as that great of a year for Elvis until I saw some of the footage. I love it.

Maybe it was an imaginary Tom Parker.

The November 1971 tour -- 14 shows -- was the ONLY one that year. Somehow, management thought it would be best to keep Elvis in Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe all year. Presley dragged himself through nearly 150 shows in Nevada in 1971. That's it.

How creative, energizing and exciting for such a supremely talented artist, one who had reclaimed his status as a significant musical force in 1969-1970.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:40 pm

merry77 wrote:cool footage!

i agree, very cool footage :smt023