Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The FTD team really gave us lots of goodies during 2012!

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:40 pm

Like the header said, the FTD team really gave us the genesis of pop music as we know it trough the fabulous work done with the ultimate book about Elvis before 1956. We will get parts of the 1969 resurrection (Back In Memphis) and we just had FTD on From Elvis Boulevard, singing live of sorts according to the cover's suggestion.

As this FTD edition made clear, he was indeed singing live, covering the good, the bad and the ugly. No mercy. But that is good.
Covering a wide spread of emotional album, without the overdone overdubs, underneath comes to live a very emotional and honest human being who is not afraid to look back and draw some painful conclusions, yet at the same time a fragile soul comes to life, almost bare. This is a personal record, whether it was by intention or not, this is how it turned to be. (I really like the alternate album, well done FTD team.)

The hits of the seventies, all stereo mixes. I really like this album as the songs seem to sound even better than before. Amazing how wide the spectrum is Elvis covered. Just a nice collection that does not diminish the goals anythings sets out to do. Inside the classic album is a nice little story that explains the history of this Album and why it deserves a classic release.

I don't have GI Blues yet but the reviews were great.
Neither do i have from Las Vegas to Hawaii.
The same goes for Another Saturday Night.
(Which release should i get of those three and why?)

Our Memories (three volumes) contains remixed or edited material which leads to pleasant surprises as thick layers of overdubs are removed. Painfully careless and painfully caring about his material and his performances, Elvis works through his material and this uneven set of songs. It was a grab at old material, but remixed for commercial purposes, so Elvis could continue to sell for RCA, even in death. Still.... I like the second set of songs a lot.

On Stage is a natural winner. I cannot say enough, recommended for everyone. Elvis in top form and with a great drummer, driving him on, just fabulous.

The book A Boy From Tupelo is THE release of this year so far. I cannot praise this release enough. Highly recommended.

As far as PFAW, this legacy set is not here yet so again. Besides it is not an FTD release. With the december releases coming up we have had the best year so far in my humble opinion.

What are your thoughts on this years output? Imho it has been and still is a great year. We are so lucky.

Re: The FTD team really gave us lots of goodies during 2012!

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:40 pm

2012 has been a great year for the Elvis Presley fan!

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:45 pm

How are they going to top it?

Could they discover something really rare to launch?

I hope this is just the beginning of alot of great releases to look forward to.

The bar has certainly been raised with the release of the Sun set

and the MSG concerts.

Let's hope 2013 has some surprises ahead.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:41 pm

a really great year for us fans lets hope we get some great releases next year :D

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:58 pm

For me, the best year ever:

-> FTD with fantastic releases;

-> Prince From Another Planet;

-> I attended 6 Elvis In Concert in three different states;

-> Elvis Experience Brazil with almost 600 Elvis itens that were brought from Graceland to Sao Paulo and it was supposed to end it on November 5th. It is now prolonged until December 02th due to huge crowd visiting the place.

-> I met all the guys from TCB, The Imperials, Estelle Brown, Joe Guercio, Stig Edgren. I took pics, was able to have lunch with most of them.

Well, what else could I want?

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:59 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:2012 has been a great year for the Elvis Presley fan!

hasn't it just........fabulous

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:26 pm

debtd1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:2012 has been a great year for the Elvis Presley fan!

hasn't it just........fabulous

At least.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:05 pm

To put it with some major understatement: it has been an OK year! ::rocks