Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Bernard Lansky Dies today

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:22 am

Gary1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Mr. Lansky managed 85 years, we should all be so lucky. He made a lot of money in the family business, there's really nothing to be sad about. He lived a full life.

Try saying that to Mr Lanskys family.I doubt very much they would agree with you.

In case you missed it, I made that comment on an Elvis Presley discussion forum, not in the presence of the Lansky family, whom I do not know.

Hope this helps! ;-)

Re: Farewell, Mr. Lansky

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:30 am

R.I.P Mr Lansky
Sad news, lie the Doc said he had a good life, made it to 85...
I was lucky to see him and took a picture together, really gentleman

Re: Farewell, Mr. Lansky

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:44 am

561000_w Bernard and Guy Lansky.JPG
With Bernard and Guy Lansky, Lansky Brothers Men's Shop, Memphis - circa October 1956
Note: Guy is holding an African-American Men's Catalog for Elvis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bernard Lansky Dies today

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:25 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Mr. Lansky it was my pleasure to meet you back in March 2009. R.I.P :cry:.
Bye for now :smt006.

Image

Re: Farewell, Mr. Lansky

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:37 am

I just heard about it. I'm very sad, though I knew he had a great life. Still, very sad. He was much loved. (I was hoping to meet him in the Peabody store, next time I was in Memphis, but that never happened. :( )

Rest In Peace, Mr. Lansky.

BernardJLansky.jpg


rjm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bernard Lansky Dies today

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:39 am

I had hoped to meet him too.

I left my message on the other thread. http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73427&p=1101916#p1101916

Again, RIP, Mr. Lansky. He was much loved.

rjm

Re: Farewell, Mr. Lansky

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:35 am

I'm sorry you never got to meet him, rjm.

Early on a Sunday morning in 2009, I went into the store at the Peabody and there was Mr. Lansky (impeccably dressed, as always) all by himself, quietly straightening the stacks of shirts. I gently shook his hand, and asked if I could get a photo with him. He was very gracious but looked a bit confused. I'll always treasure that photo.

He had a wonderful life. He'll be missed and fondly remembered.

Re: Farewell, Mr. Lansky

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:13 pm

I was amazed he ever got anything done in his later years with the many fans who dropped by to see him, get a picture, etc. He was very gracious about taking time for the folks. A big reason he was so successful.

Re: Bernard Lansky Dies today

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:46 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Gary1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Mr. Lansky managed 85 years, we should all be so lucky. He made a lot of money in the family business, there's really nothing to be sad about. He lived a full life.

Try saying that to Mr Lanskys family.I doubt very much they would agree with you.

In case you missed it, I made that comment on an Elvis Presley discussion forum, not in the presence of the Lansky family, whom I do not know.

Hope this helps! ;-)

I didn't miss anything here is a question for you how do we know some of them don't read this messageboard ?The answer is easy.....We don't.So wouldn't it be better to keep comments like yours to yourself even if some people do agree with you.

Re: Bernard Lansky Dies today

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:27 pm

I would just like to add my sorrow on hearing the news of his death. R.I.P. Mr. Lanksy.

Re: Bernard Lansky Dies today

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:39 pm

SuspiciousMind wrote:RIP Bernard Lansky.

Stayawayjoe001, I nominate your avatar for best ever!


Thank you for the nomination,
But all the credits to the artist who design this picture

Re: Bernard Lansky Dies today

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Gary1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Gary1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Mr. Lansky managed 85 years, we should all be so lucky. He made a lot of money in the family business, there's really nothing to be sad about. He lived a full life.

Try saying that to Mr Lanskys family.I doubt very much they would agree with you.

In case you missed it, I made that comment on an Elvis Presley discussion forum, not in the presence of the Lansky family, whom I do not know.

Hope this helps! ;-)

I didn't miss anything here is a question for you how do we know some of them don't read this messageboard ?The answer is easy.....We don't.So wouldn't it be better to keep comments like yours to yourself even if some people do agree with you.

This is not the time or place for you to fight your petty little wars.

There was nothing disrespectful about what I wrote, regardless. Grow up, and show some respect for this topic.

Thank you.

Re: Bernard Lansky Dies today

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:16 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Gary1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Gary1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Mr. Lansky managed 85 years, we should all be so lucky. He made a lot of money in the family business, there's really nothing to be sad about. He lived a full life.

Try saying that to Mr Lanskys family.I doubt very much they would agree with you.


In case you missed it, I made that comment on an Elvis Presley discussion forum, not in the presence of the Lansky family, whom I do not know.

Hope this helps! ;-)

I didn't miss anything here is a question for you how do we know some of them don't read this messageboard ?The answer is easy.....We don't.So wouldn't it be better to keep comments like yours to yourself even if some people do agree with you.

This is not the time or place for you to fight your petty little wars.






There was nothing disrespectful about what I wrote, regardless. Grow up, and show some respect for this topic.

Thank you.



Here here John Carpenter - I totally agree with ya buddy well said -
:smt006 ::rocks

Re: Bernard Lansky Dies today

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:21 pm

karlos wrote:Here here John Carpenter - I totally agree with ya buddy well said -
:smt006 ::rocks

Thank you, karlos.

Re: Bernard Lansky Dies today

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Very sad news indeed. RIP Mr Lansky.

Re: Bernard Lansky Dies today

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:15 pm

R.I.P. Mr. Lansky

Image

Re: Bernard Lansky Dies today

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:21 pm

In case his family sees this, I forgot something. Thank you, Mr. Lansky! His generosity helped to make a better world.

rjm

Re: Bernard Lansky Dies today

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:55 pm

Rest in peace Mr. Lanksy...

Re: Bernard Lansky Dies today

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:47 am

rjm wrote:In case his family sees this, I forgot something. Thank you, Mr. Lansky! His generosity helped to make a better world.

rjm

Yes indeed 8)

Re: Bernard Lansky Dies today

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:11 am

,
Last edited by Gary1 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Bernard Lansky Dies today

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:15 am

Please, the Lansky family might be reading this.

Re: Bernard Lansky Dies today

Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:22 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Please, the Lansky family might be reading this.

And your telling me to grow up. :roll: