Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Will Prince possibly lead to an Aloha release in 2013?

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:34 pm

cdh72469 wrote:With the release of Prince from Another Planet, do any of you anticipate a remaster/release of a similar set for the 40th anniversary of Aloha next year? I think it would be a popular release of a historical document. I know some folks here think it's overrated but a remaster of the rehearsal from the '88 release is needed and who knows maybe the "real" show can be made to sound better with today's technology. Don't think a DVD would be warranted since we have the deluxe set already from 2004.

Aloha has various releases. My favourite is the rehearsal concert. A special 40 edition would be a treat.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:21 pm

I say bring on Aloha in 2013 along with remastered CDs & COMPLETE DVDs with no edits and bring out the background singers where they should be - right up there in the mix with Elvis! The 2004 DVD release was a HUGE disappointment for me because of this little mixing snafu.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:31 pm

TCBBOY wrote:Hi Guys, I personally think that AFH would make an excellent Legacy release and put into a 'Book Style' cover.

It was also be nice to see it accompanied with an in depth book with pictures etc.

Only my opinion, but I also agree that Hampton Roads etc should be remastered and released in a nice presentation pack it would look really cool and also make a very interesting FTD release.

Welcome TCBBoy

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:12 pm

If the release of PFAP release with the MSG Legacy edition is anything to go by, they'll probably release an Aloha Legacy edition at the same time as a 40th Anniversary edition, and everyone will rush out and buy the Legacy edition instead.

D'oh!