Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Prince From Another Planet - Brilliant!

Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:22 am

stevelecher wrote:After The Boy From Tupelo, they couldn't put out a set about Sun, could they?

Sure, main label, without the book, but with a book---let.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:30 am

ekenee wrote:
stevelecher wrote:After The Boy From Tupelo, they couldn't put out a set about Sun, could they?

Sure, main label, without the book, but with a book---let.

And maybe some recently discovered tracks that was not available on TBFT. :smt023

Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:35 am

Will always love that afternoon show, but I agree 1000% on the evening show. From the first note of the intro, it is fantastic!

Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:31 am

A Boy From Tupelo sold out within weeks of release in August 2012. One imagines the small print run catered almost perfectly to that hardcore fan base who treasured Elvis Presley's Sun period. Due to high production cost and low demand, it will not be reprinted. Should the years and years of hard work, and scores of revelations, that went into the book and music now be consigned to history?

Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:57 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Mike Windgren wrote:Something big is coming out about the SUN era in 2014 8). Expect a 3cd set boxset like Elvis At Stax including the unreleased I Forgot to Remember to Forget :smt007. Bye for now :smt006.

And here is the proof...2014 will be really a great year for the Elvis fan 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:00 am

2014 should have a 2 CD + booklet version of a boy from tupelo with the unreleased i forgot to remember to forget added.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:29 am

Johnny2523 wrote:2014 should have a 2 CD + booklet version of a boy from tupelo with the unreleased i forgot to remember to forget added.

Don't forget the DVD with newly found clips from the Hayride.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:47 am

I hope they don't reissue The Boy From Tupelo in some cheaper, dressed down version. If they want to reissue the Sun recordings in 2014 that's fine with me... but TBFT is in a class by itself and there should only be one edition IMO.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:57 am

monkboughtlunch wrote:Speaking of Memphis, has anyone reported on the new Memphis FTD vinyl issue of this show? I'm curious if they used the same 2004 remix and mastering (with all the echo) or if they remixed and mastered again for the 2014 vinyl release. Anyone know?

If I was a betting man, I would put a paycheck on the fact that the LP wasn't remixed or remastered.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:07 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

A Boy From Tupelo sold out within weeks of release in August 2012. One imagines the small print run catered almost perfectly to that hardcore fan base who treasured Elvis Presley's Sun period. Due to high production cost and low demand, it will not be reprinted. Should the years and years of hard work, and scores of revelations, that went into the book and music now be consigned to history?

As I've mentioned before, I fancy an FTD for the 1976 Sun album that Elvis was handed on stage in Vegas, but I guess that's very unlikely. More likely I guess is a Sun set for the mainstream in the same size packaging as Planet and Stax. Which will be a very good thing if it happens.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:56 pm

King Volcano wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

As I've mentioned before, I fancy an FTD for the 1976 Sun album that Elvis was handed on stage in Vegas, but I guess that's very unlikely. More likely I guess is a Sun set for the mainstream in the same size packaging as Planet and Stax. Which will be a very good thing if it happens.

It would be great if they used that UK album cover though...