Prince From Another Planet - Brilliant!

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Johnny2523

Re: Prince From Another Planet - Brilliant!

Post by Johnny2523 »

2014 should have a 2 CD + booklet version of a boy from tupelo with the unreleased i forgot to remember to forget added.

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****

Post by ekenee »

Johnny2523 wrote:2014 should have a 2 CD + booklet version of a boy from tupelo with the unreleased i forgot to remember to forget added.
Don't forget the DVD with newly found clips from the Hayride.

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

I hope they don't reissue The Boy From Tupelo in some cheaper, dressed down version. If they want to reissue the Sun recordings in 2014 that's fine with me... but TBFT is in a class by itself and there should only be one edition IMO.

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

monkboughtlunch wrote:Speaking of Memphis, has anyone reported on the new Memphis FTD vinyl issue of this show? I'm curious if they used the same 2004 remix and mastering (with all the echo) or if they remixed and mastered again for the 2014 vinyl release. Anyone know?
If I was a betting man, I would put a paycheck on the fact that the LP wasn't remixed or remastered.

Topic author
King Volcano

Post by King Volcano »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
stevelecher wrote:After The Boy From Tupelo, they couldn't put out a set about Sun, could they?
A Boy From Tupelo sold out within weeks of release in August 2012. One imagines the small print run catered almost perfectly to that hardcore fan base who treasured Elvis Presley's Sun period. Due to high production cost and low demand, it will not be reprinted. Should the years and years of hard work, and scores of revelations, that went into the book and music now be consigned to history?
As I've mentioned before, I fancy an FTD for the 1976 Sun album that Elvis was handed on stage in Vegas, but I guess that's very unlikely. More likely I guess is a Sun set for the mainstream in the same size packaging as Planet and Stax. Which will be a very good thing if it happens.

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

King Volcano wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
stevelecher wrote:After The Boy From Tupelo, they couldn't put out a set about Sun, could they?
A Boy From Tupelo sold out within weeks of release in August 2012. One imagines the small print run catered almost perfectly to that hardcore fan base who treasured Elvis Presley's Sun period. Due to high production cost and low demand, it will not be reprinted. Should the years and years of hard work, and scores of revelations, that went into the book and music now be consigned to history?
As I've mentioned before, I fancy an FTD for the 1976 Sun album that Elvis was handed on stage in Vegas, but I guess that's very unlikely. More likely I guess is a Sun set for the mainstream in the same size packaging as Planet and Stax. Which will be a very good thing if it happens.
It would be great if they used that UK album cover though...