Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Warmest voice

Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:42 pm

This morning Chris Evans (Radio 2) played a Nat King Cole song - where he sings in a foreign language and Chris asked listeners to suggest a voice that's warmer than Nat's and he'll play it tomorrow morning probably about 8.30. What do you think is the song that Elvis sang with his warmest voice? if we agree on a song we could request Chris play it? I Suggest Love Me or You'll Be Gone

Re: Warmest voice

Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:46 pm

Elvis' voice is not "warm", it's "hot"!

Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:52 pm

I think Elvis' voice is absolutely beautiful on the studio masters of both memories and I'll remember you. Either one of those songs would be a great choice in my opinion.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:06 pm

Don't, She's not you, Can't Help Falling in Love, Always on my Mind, Loving Arms, to name but a few :wink:

Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:59 pm

I love the sound of his voice on most of his recordings.

Has anyone listened to "Soldier Boy" lately?

Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:25 pm

Rob wrote:I love the sound of his voice on most of his recordings.

Has anyone listened to "Soldier Boy" lately?

One of my all-time favorites. Phenomenal vocal!

Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Come on chaps. Burning Love!

Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:09 pm

Mona Lisa?

Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:12 pm

I've emailed Chris Evans-
Hi Chris

This morning (Monday) you said that Nat King Cole has the warmest voice and you asked for listeners’ suggestions for singers they think have a warmer voice. I'm putting forward Elvis who sang with a very warm voice on songs such as Don’t, Always On My Mind, Can’t Help Falling In Love, Love Me, I'll Remember You, She’s Not You, You’ll Be Gone, to name but a few. Please play one of these songs to hear he had a beautiful warm voice.

Warmest regards,

Gary

Can I suggest others email him too on chris.evans@bbc.co.uk His radio programme starts at 6 in the mornings but he played Nat about 8.20 so he'll probably play something similar then.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:48 pm

As much as I enjoy the recordings of Nat King Cole, who IMO had one of the sweetest singing voices ever recorded, I'm not up for comparing his "easy-listening" singing style to Elvis'. Elvis did record some beautiful ballads but IMO the two men had very different singing styles. When I try to think of an "easy-listening" Elvis recording, The Last Farewell comes to mind... or a sappy track like This Is Our Dance...

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:23 pm

It's Now or Never.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:32 pm

It isn't so often that I listen to music through headphones, but I remember the feeling I got when I heard "Just Pretend" this way. That would get my vote as Elvis' warmest vocal.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:58 pm

elvis-fan wrote:As much as I enjoy the recordings of Nat King Cole, who IMO had one of the sweetest singing voices ever recorded, I'm not up for comparing his "easy-listening" singing style to Elvis'. Elvis did record some beautiful ballads but IMO the two men had very different singing styles. When I try to think of an "easy-listening" Elvis recording, The Last Farewell comes to mind... or a sappy track like This Is Our Dance...

While it's true that a handful of Nat's albums (namely his trilogy of so-called "country" albums and the lazy hazy crazy days of summer) fall into the easy listening category, Nat Cole has a tremendous pure jazz catalogue, both as an instrumentalist and vocalist, plus quite a few swing and torch albums. The Jenkins trilogy, Just One Of Those Things, Let's Face The Music And Dance and After Midnight should be on a music fan collection, and the SACD editions of those albums sound amazing.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:54 pm

garyt wrote:This morning Chris Evans (Radio 2) played a Nat King Cole song - where he sings in a foreign language and Chris asked listeners to suggest a voice that's warmer than Nat's and he'll play it tomorrow morning probably about 8.30. What do you think is the song that Elvis sang with his warmest voice? if we agree on a song we could request Chris play it? I Suggest Love Me or You'll Be Gone

Try one of those great ballads he cut at Stax in 1973.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:30 pm

Something Blue.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:28 am

Solamente una vez.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:58 am

"There's Always Me"

Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:11 am

"Mine"

Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:18 pm

garyt wrote:I've emailed Chris Evans-
Hi Chris

This morning (Monday) you said that Nat King Cole has the warmest voice and you asked for listeners’ suggestions for singers they think have a warmer voice. I'm putting forward Elvis who sang with a very warm voice on songs such as Don’t, Always On My Mind, Can’t Help Falling In Love, Love Me, I'll Remember You, She’s Not You, You’ll Be Gone, to name but a few. Please play one of these songs to hear he had a beautiful warm voice.

Warmest regards,

Gary

Can I suggest others email him too on chris.evans@bbc.co.uk His radio programme starts at 6 in the mornings but he played Nat about 8.20 so he'll probably play something similar then.

Nothing from Stax 1973!! Elvis cut the greatest ballads there.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:21 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
garyt wrote:I've emailed Chris Evans-
Hi Chris

Warmest regards,

Gary

Nothing from Stax 1973!! Elvis cut the greatest ballads there.

I never seen "Promised Land" as a ballad.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:04 pm

"I'll Remember You." His voice there is like a late summer breeze gently caressing your cheek. The way he phrases the line "Every bright star" is my single favorite Elvis vocal moment.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:00 pm

garyt wrote:This morning Chris Evans (Radio 2) played a Nat King Cole song - where he sings in a foreign language and Chris asked listeners to suggest a voice that's warmer than Nat's and he'll play it tomorrow morning probably about 8.30. What do you think is the song that Elvis sang with his warmest voice? if we agree on a song we could request Chris play it? I Suggest Love Me or You'll Be Gone

Chopsticks!

Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:59 pm

Never Ending

Walk down to the beach at sunset
Look as far as you can see
You will find that endless ocean
And that's how my love will always be

I bring you never ending, never ending
never ending, never ending
never ending, never ending love

phpBB [video]

Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Let's Be Friends

Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:03 pm

Dinner At Eight is carried by a warm voice imho, but that is not a song ofcourse. So Tryin' To Get To You from that show.