Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

"Elvis interviewed by Hannelore Krab in Munich" question.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:43 pm

The new book "Walk a mile in my shoes" features a bonus CD which contains (among other things) an interview in Munich. As I don't recall having heard of this before, can anyone say if this has been released before and what the duration of this audio track is please?

Re: "Elvis interviewed by Hannelore Krab in Munich" question

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:06 am

I have this on a CD somewhere, I think, but I have to look it up at home. I am from Germany and this was taken by bavarian broadcast station...its only short as I remember..just a few questions..lets say 2 Minutes or something...I remeber Elvis being really sweet as the girl is shy and does not speak good english..its a nice little moment to hear

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:21 am

Thanks. I think I know the one you mean. It was issued on a flexi disc by the UK Fan Club about 20 years ago. The lady asks him what his favourite record of his own is and Elvis answers "Don't - a song called Don't".
Elvis is very polite to the lady. So this is nothing new then. A pity.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:06 am

Exactly thats what I have i mind.

But I havn't heard it on a CD it was a download in a german board. Tht has been deleted (the file)

In the german board it is said:

"Elvis Interview 15.06.1959 vom Masterband!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Habe mal beim Bayerischen Rundfunk angefragt ob im Bezug auf Elvis evtl. noch ungehobene Schätze im Archiv versteckt sind und bin fündig geworden.

Die BR Reporterin Hannelore Krab interviewte Elvis am 15.06.1959 im Hotel "Bayerischer Hof". Davon tauchten Teile (2:00 Minuten) schon auf diversen Sammlerpressungen u.a. auf einer Graceland Schallfolie auf. Der BR hat natürlich das koplette Band (3:50 Minuten) archiviert. Und das beste daran ist die Top-Qualität der Aufnahme. Elvis antwortet sehr geduldig auf alle Fragen und nimmt Rücksicht auf die Sprachbarriere. Frau Krab übersetzt zwischendurch immer wieder und ist hörbar nervös. Ich mag dieses Interview sehr und teile es gerne."

This says that there is the original tape in the vaults of the radiostation and it is 3:50 in entire length, but mostly spread are only 2 Minutes of it. I guess I might have the downloaded file that came along with this post somewhere on my PC at home...