Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Colonels video camera

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:04 am

Hello Elvisfans and Experts,

I met a guy on Facebook who told me he would own video tapes he bought of the Colonel mid-nineties, when the colonel would have to sell some items and was in search of fans who could afford and pay for it.Parker cashed in some SB-recordings and Video tapes, this person said and he was lucky enough to be there and being able to pay for it. He said, that the Colonel had one of this early Sony Video Cameras (We know Elvis was given one and he later passed it further to a moviedirector or something) and Recorders and many liveshows of Elvis would have been filmed with that.

In the first moment I believed the whole thing and was really excited about the story...but then, when I kept asking about it and stuff that guy all of a sudden blocked me away...and cut the contact. Now I started thinking about it and I have come to the conclusion that this can't be true. I mean if there would have been such video tapes, at least one of them would have been revealed and brought to public in all those years.

Is there any evidence or proof of such Videos? Did one of you guys ever hear anything about it? Has it been reported or is there one foto where we see somebody filming?

I mean, when I read that here, I feel like a complete fool, to first believe that story. What do you think? Have you ever heard of "The Colonels Videotapes?"

Re: The Colonels video camera

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:24 am

I have met people who claimed they owned reel-to-reel or cassette-tapes featuring unreleased songs.
When I offered good money to go home with them and have a listen, suddenly these people realised they still had to go shopping, had their in-laws visiting, the cat had it's period, whatever.
I'd take this guy with The Colonel's Video Tapes with a lot of salt.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:03 am

Yeah, I embarrased myself. How could I ever be so foolish, tell me when did he get such an idea.....oh lord! He said he had 108 SBs unreleased so far...man, was I stupid, I believed the story he told...he said he had a golden watch from Charlie Hodge and so on and so on...man sometimes it is the wish, that makes us believe...how I love the thought, that there were video tapes with Elvis Shows...

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:05 am

Perhaps it's a motherlode of intimate moments between Colonel and Mrs. Parker.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:11 am

Now what is that, guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRS6jCa3hDI

Holy Moses! This does not look like 8mm....my nervs! :shock:

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:01 am

8mm transferred to video in the 80's or later

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:26 pm

In the early 1980's I knew a bloke called Gary Dockrell from the Wimbledon, London area, who once told me he could get his hands on the film of the 1961 Hawaii concert and if I gave him a large sum of money he would take it to the man who had it and would see what he could do!!! Luckily, I did not part with the dosh, but I lent him a couple of my Japanese LP's. When I went to his house to get them back a few weeks later, there was no sign of him!!!

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:01 pm

sounds too good to be true

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:37 pm

The Clip above seems to be Bob Heis material, as far as I could find out. Anybody here who can proof it?

So we can clearly say at this point, that there hasn't been a Colonels Sony Video Camera, can't we?

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:58 am

DerKing wrote:Have you ever heard of "The Colonels Videotapes?"

Nope.

But it is known Parker had materials dating back to the beginning of the relationship, some or all of which he eventually sold to EPE. And it is rumoured videotape rolled during select shows in February 1970, to facilitate what eventually became MGM's concert documentary later that year.

Not to mention the Marie and Tom treasure trove already mentioned by elvisjock.