Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Mystery Train-Tiger Man Re-angled August 12 MS

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:10 pm

phpBB [video]

:D I angled this myself with 5 camera angles

Re: Mystery Train-Tiger Man Re-angled August 12 MS

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Cool! But the sound is so "thin" and the lights are so bright that it takes form the mood

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:49 pm

absolutely amazing!! :smt023

Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:04 pm

Thanks elvisgirl :D I appriciate it and fabbe, Sorry but the outtakes arent in great quality either, But i tried to make atleast something diffrent to what we see in the opening, The sound comes from the bootleg: Sittin' On Top of The World. I Appriciate your input thou! Thanks.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:17 pm

Fabbe wrote:Cool! But the sound is so "thin" and the lights are so bright that it takes form the mood

To get atleast the best quality possible on youtube, I saved the clip in HD, thats how the quality is on this 6 DVD set.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:30 pm

Here another one.
phpBB [video]

Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:Thanks elvisgirl :D I appriciate it and fabbe, Sorry but the outtakes arent in great quality either, But i tried to make atleast something diffrent to what we see in the opening, The sound comes from the bootleg: Sittin' On Top of The World. I Appriciate your input thou! Thanks.

Of all the great clips from TTWII, this and other versions of Mystery Train remain my favourites. My only regret, and is a minor one, really, is that the camera keeps focussing on Elvis, up front, and up close as he starts the song and, for x, w, or z reasons, he's too concerned with whatever is happening in the first three or four rows, it's something to do with him either trying too hard to nail the first verse, or he's just too preoccupied with looking good for someone there.

It is only after the fist verse that he sings MT and TM as I love him to be singing it, either with his eyes closed, or so desinterested with what's going on in the first rows that he's singing it in total abandonment, for all of us. And that's when he looks best, and I'm referring STRICTLY to rockers, of course and, in this case, to delivering the most important early rocker of his career, one whose lyrics, no matter how silly, remain as poignant today, as they did when Jr. Parker first wrote them.

It is a song about a woman he's lost momentarily, with a hope of not losing her again, and that never changes, so his singing a song of this caliber deserved a visual delivery of it, like the one he gives us AFTER THE FIRST VERSE. I don't know if you get my meaning, but look at the best versions of Mystery train by other singers and, to the last man, they start that song with the look of anguish one would expect from someone riding a train, that's sixteen coaches long, and so on and so forth.

Of course, when Elvis was doing this song, a lot, starting in 1969, he had no idea how important that song was to thousands upon thousands of musicians, nor that it would lead to someone writing the most important book on the history of music (Greil Marcus' Mystery Train", is according to TIME, the only book on rock itself that is included in their list of important books, ever), nor did he know that a cult movie by Jim Jarmush, etc, etc would also be named after Mystery Train.

I think he always thought in terms of his biggest hits being the cause of HIS importance, not the SUN records, with the exception of "That's all right". The fact that after the first verse, he visually nails it as well, obliterating the versions of other performers is neither here nor there.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:50 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:Here another one.
phpBB [video]

wow fantastic!! keep up the good work :smt023

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:35 am

Johnny2523 wrote:
phpBB [video]

:D I angled this myself with 5 camera angles

cool professional hard work :smt109 smt131

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:16 am

:D opening night, another one
phpBB [video]

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:53 am

:smt041 :smt041 :smt041
more! more!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:45 am

Ok, here's my chance. At 1:25 to 1:26 of "Don't Cry, Daddy," he makes that "harmonica" gesture to someone in the wings. I have looked, and looked, and looked at that for years . . . and I don't know what to make of it.

Any ideas? This is quite the mystery. What is he saying, and who is he saying it to?

rjm (And thank you for the creative, new view! Very nice work there!)

Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:02 pm

It is something Elvis also did on the Aloha broadcast at a certain time and i think has to do with the flute/horne in the background.
He expects it to show up and a certain time in the song and gives the example what to expect next.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:42 am

Fantastic job!

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:50 am

That's so good I posted for all my friends on facebook. This complete footage should have been available on TTWII New Edition with no cuts.