Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:58 am

I’ve seen the DVD, and it’s stunning. Watching Elvis perform is entirely different from just listening to him sing. The CDs are great, the sound quality amazing, much better than before, but the DVD is just out of this world. For instance, Elvis makes a comment after "That’s All Right". He says something like, "It died on me, didn’t it?" Listening to the audio, it’s virtually impossible to know what he refers to. The footage, however, reveals that he makes a reference to the microphone stand dying on him. That is seriously cool. He also holds his guitar in one hand and punches the air with it before tossing it to Charlie. Totally awesome showmanship!

Do not miss out on PFAP. It’s worth every penny. The hope now is that the powers that be will do similar projects on other Elvis 8mm material.
Last edited by Ken Jensen on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:15 am

Ken Jensen wrote:I’ve seen the DVD, and it’s stunning. Watching Elvis perform is entirely different from just listening to him sing. The CDs are great, the sound quality amazing, much better than before, but the DVD is just out of this world. For instance, Elvis makes a comment after "That’s All Right". He says, "It just died on me." Listening to the audio, it’s virtually impossible to know what he refers to. The footage, however, reveals that he makes a reference to the microphone stand dying on him. That is seriously cool.

Do not miss out on PFAP. It’s worth every penny. The hope now is that the powers that be will do similar projects on other Elvis 8mm material.


I know this sounds corny but I get a bigger kick out of hearing Elvis talk then sing at times. At least when he's coherent and makes since. I like it when he jokes around on stage prior to singing a song instead of just going straight into it. That adds character to the overall performance.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:33 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:I know this sounds corny but I get a bigger kick out of hearing Elvis talk then sing at times. At least when he's coherent and makes since. I like it when he jokes around on stage prior to singing a song instead of just going straight into it. That adds character to the overall performance.


Totally agree with you on that. A prime example is the dialog prior to "I’m Leavin’" on Nevada Nights (CD 2), also found on 4-CD box set Elvis Live in Vegas (CD 4, the whole of which contains a lot of priceless dialogs and comments). The Elvis in Concert album is another classic example. Elvis had it all.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:20 am

Ken Jensen wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:I know this sounds corny but I get a bigger kick out of hearing Elvis talk then sing at times. At least when he's coherent and makes since. I like it when he jokes around on stage prior to singing a song instead of just going straight into it. That adds character to the overall performance.


Totally agree with you on that. A prime example is the dialog prior to "I’m Leavin’" on Nevada Nights (CD 2), also found on 4-CD box set Elvis Live in Vegas (CD 4, the whole of which contains a lot of priceless dialogs and comments). The Elvis in Concert album is another classic example. Elvis had it all.

Love the those comments - 'EL-Vis..'.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:01 pm

Wonderstuffer wrote:Hi,

looks very promising that Prince from another Planet will be in the Charts next week! It looks as it will be in the Top 40 in the U.S. and U.K and even in the Top 100 in Germany!

Because of the huge amount of pre-orders, Sony couldn´t produce enough units for the original planed release date, that´s why it was changed so often. It has nothing to do with the release date of The Beatles Vinyl Box, as they will be released on the same day!

By the way, I´m very impressed with this great Set (listen to it for the 3rd time )! A real winner and the best mainstream release since "Young Man With The Big Beat". If your insecure if you should buy it, because of the widely disscused sound issues, forget about it, thanks to Vic Anesini´s mastering the soundquality is excellent!!!!!!!


Good news!!!

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:I’ve seen the DVD, and it’s stunning. Watching Elvis perform is entirely different from just listening to him sing. The CDs are great, the sound quality amazing, much better than before, but the DVD is just out of this world. For instance, Elvis makes a comment after "That’s All Right". He says something like, "It died on me, didn’t it?" Listening to the audio, it’s virtually impossible to know what he refers to. The footage, however, reveals that he makes a reference to the microphone stand dying on him. That is seriously cool. He also holds his guitar in one hand and punches the air with it before tossing it to Charlie. Totally awesome showmanship!

Do not miss out on PFAP. It’s worth every penny. The hope now is that the powers that be will do similar projects on other Elvis 8mm material.


Yes, but what about the hours of extant 16mm / 35mm material?? :(

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Tony.. wrote:If I was producing a DVD of unseen 1972 film on Elvis, I would rather choose perfect quality, professionally filmed footage of complete songs over a 20 minute clip from an 8mm camera with no sound and only parts of songs.
The fact that we know that performances of songs such as "For the good times", "Until it's time for you to go", "Johnny B. Goode" (rehearsal) are still officially unseen, then I would say that would be my choice. You will probably only watch the MSG home movie once or twice.

..........................................................

Well Tony at least we are getting to see most of the concert that has been unavailable for years - we must be thank ful for what we are gettn - that my opinion - Its been a while since Elvis has been in the charts - and I hope this one makes it as one or the best selling item in the charts worldwide - Lets all be thank foul for this release - - this will be welcomed by me and many fans worldwide -Old and new fans - I just cant wait ta see this and see ratings of this item being relased - in a few days .Amen

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:24 pm

karlos wrote:
Tony.. wrote:If I was producing a DVD of unseen 1972 film on Elvis, I would rather choose perfect quality, professionally filmed footage of complete songs over a 20 minute clip from an 8mm camera with no sound and only parts of songs.
The fact that we know that performances of songs such as "For the good times", "Until it's time for you to go", "Johnny B. Goode" (rehearsal) are still officially unseen, then I would say that would be my choice. You will probably only watch the MSG home movie once or twice.

..........................................................

Well Tony at least we are getting to see most of the concert that has been unavailable for years - we must be thank ful for what we are gettn - that my opinion - Its been a while since Elvis has been in the charts - and I hope this one makes it as one or the best selling item in the charts worldwide - Lets all be thank foul for this release - - this will be welcomed by me and many fans worldwide -Old and new fans - I just cant wait ta see this and see ratings of this item being relased - in a few days .Amen


It's only around 20 minutes, Karlos which is about one third of the show.
Last edited by Tony.. on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Tony.. wrote:
karlos wrote:
Tony.. wrote:If I was producing a DVD of unseen 1972 film on Elvis, I would rather choose perfect quality, professionally filmed footage of complete songs over a 20 minute clip from an 8mm camera with no sound and only parts of songs.
The fact that we know that performances of songs such as "For the good times", "Until it's time for you to go", "Johnny B. Goode" (rehearsal) are still officially unseen, then I would say that would be my choice. You will probably only watch the MSG home movie once or twice.

..........................................................

Well Tony at least we are getting to see most of the concert that has been unavailable for years - we must be thank ful for what we are gettn - that my opinion - Its been a while since Elvis has been in the charts - and I hope this one makes it as one or the best selling item in the charts worldwide - Lets all be thank foul for this release - - this will be welcomed by me and many fans worldwide -Old and new fans - I just cant wait ta see this and see ratings of this item being relased - in a few days .Amen


It's only around 30 minutes, Karlos which is about one third of the show.

Come on Tony ,be a little positive

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:26 am

As of right now, the MSG box set is #17 on their Top 100 list.

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #17 in Music

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:37 am

I just can't find anything negative to say about this release. Sure I would like more footage but that's just the way it goes. I can't wait to crank this on my system while watching the video. Im so thankfull just to have this. I did my part to getting it on the charts. I ordered extra copies for every member of my family for Xmas. Whether they are fans are not. From the clips whats not to like?

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:30 am

I don't know about PFAP hitting high in the charts, next week, in this part of the year, with the Chrsitmas albums re-entering already, but right now, at 9 pm on saturday, 10 November, PFAP ranks 15 and 18, in the current charts of two of the biggest internet retailers, namely Barnes and Nobel, which now owns Borders as well, and Amazon.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:55 pm

I'm looking forward to getting this from a shop on Monday, and I hope I won't be buying the shop's only copy.

A long time has passed since an Elvis album, without tv or radio promotion, last entered the top 40 chart . Hopefully, this package will enter the chart - the higher the better, of course. If it does enter the top 40, it wil be his first album of solely 70s recordings to do so since Elvis in Concert in 1977.

I want to see 70s Elvis doing well in the charts!
Last edited by Suds on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:05 pm

Suds wrote:I'm looking forward to getting this from a shop on Monday, and I hope I won't be the buying shop's only copy.

A long time has passed since an Elvis album, without tv or radio promotion, last entered the top 40 chart . Hopefully, this package will enter the chart - the higher the better, of course. If it does enter the top 40, it wil be his first album of solely 70s recordings to do so since Elvis in Concert in 1977.

I want to see 70s Elvis doing well in the charts!


I think I may well pop into HMV, Croydon, tomorrow and see if it's on sale there. If it is, I'll definitely pick up a copy.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:08 pm

It is a mere #83 on amazon's uk album chart; the chances of a top 40 entry is minute considering the #83 position is one that takes into account all the pre-orders.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:38 pm

londonflash wrote:
Suds wrote:I'm looking forward to getting this from a shop on Monday, and I hope I won't be the buying shop's only copy.

A long time has passed since an Elvis album, without tv or radio promotion, last entered the top 40 chart . Hopefully, this package will enter the chart - the higher the better, of course. If it does enter the top 40, it wil be his first album of solely 70s recordings to do so since Elvis in Concert in 1977.

I want to see 70s Elvis doing well in the charts!


I think I may well pop into HMV, Croydon, tomorrow and see if it's on sale there. If it is, I'll definitely pick up a copy.


Was it there and did you pay their ridiculous price?

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:11 pm

Tony.. wrote:
londonflash wrote:
Suds wrote:I'm looking forward to getting this from a shop on Monday, and I hope I won't be the buying shop's only copy.

A long time has passed since an Elvis album, without tv or radio promotion, last entered the top 40 chart . Hopefully, this package will enter the chart - the higher the better, of course. If it does enter the top 40, it wil be his first album of solely 70s recordings to do so since Elvis in Concert in 1977.

I want to see 70s Elvis doing well in the charts!


I think I may well pop into HMV, Croydon, tomorrow and see if it's on sale there. If it is, I'll definitely pick up a copy.


Was it there and did you pay their ridiculous price?


You can't compare a shop price with that of an online store. The high street shops have overheads etc that online shops don't have. Amazon and HMV online have the set for exactly the same price of £14.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:16 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
londonflash wrote:
Suds wrote:I'm looking forward to getting this from a shop on Monday, and I hope I won't be the buying shop's only copy.

A long time has passed since an Elvis album, without tv or radio promotion, last entered the top 40 chart . Hopefully, this package will enter the chart - the higher the better, of course. If it does enter the top 40, it wil be his first album of solely 70s recordings to do so since Elvis in Concert in 1977.

I want to see 70s Elvis doing well in the charts!


I think I may well pop into HMV, Croydon, tomorrow and see if it's on sale there. If it is, I'll definitely pick up a copy.


Was it there and did you pay their ridiculous price?


You can't compare a shop price with that of an online store. The high street shops have overheads etc that online shops don't have. Amazon and HMV online have the set for exactly the same price of £14.


Yes but if you buy it in an HMV shop, you will probably pay about £20 for it. I've had that experience before, so gone home and ordered it online or with some other site.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:19 pm

londonflash wrote:
Suds wrote:I'm looking forward to getting this from a shop on Monday, and I hope I won't be the buying shop's only copy.

A long time has passed since an Elvis album, without tv or radio promotion, last entered the top 40 chart . Hopefully, this package will enter the chart - the higher the better, of course. If it does enter the top 40, it wil be his first album of solely 70s recordings to do so since Elvis in Concert in 1977.

I want to see 70s Elvis doing well in the charts!


I think I may well pop into HMV, Croydon, tomorrow and see if it's on sale there. If it is, I'll definitely pick up a copy.

Yep, I'll be going there too! :mrgreen:

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Tony.. wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
londonflash wrote:
Suds wrote:I'm looking forward to getting this from a shop on Monday, and I hope I won't be the buying shop's only copy.

A long time has passed since an Elvis album, without tv or radio promotion, last entered the top 40 chart . Hopefully, this package will enter the chart - the higher the better, of course. If it does enter the top 40, it wil be his first album of solely 70s recordings to do so since Elvis in Concert in 1977.

I want to see 70s Elvis doing well in the charts!


I think I may well pop into HMV, Croydon, tomorrow and see if it's on sale there. If it is, I'll definitely pick up a copy.


Was it there and did you pay their ridiculous price?


You can't compare a shop price with that of an online store. The high street shops have overheads etc that online shops don't have. Amazon and HMV online have the set for exactly the same price of £14.


Yes but if you buy it in an HMV shop, you will probably pay about £20 for it. I've had that experience before, so gone home and ordered it online or with some other site.


Yes, that is what I just said. You cannot compare high street prices with those online. If you go to Marks and Sparks their online prices are lower than those in the high street shop. Every shop is the same.

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:34 pm

robg wrote:After watching the DVD yesterday I was a little disappointed in the footage, as there was a lot more that could have been done, (but not with the 8mm footage) but also this is a first for SONY with Elvis, so hopefully this will be a success for them and something that could be followed up on by FTD with the aid of fans, in the future.

The first chapter of the DVD has a 20 minute documentary was a nice addition and you see most of the footage in that, which was better than sitting through the actual main footage clip.
The second chapter has 12 minutes of the Press Conference strange as to why they decided to only use one source as we only get half the Press Conference, but there were a couple little snippets that looked new to me.

The main chapter of the DVD is complete afternoon show with the 8mm film added where film was available this was a tad disappointing in that there were long gaps of just blank screen, but in saying that it is a first and hopefully not the last, as these faults mentioned can all be easily improved on as we have seen in recent years on various releases, (Unofficially) And hopefully FTD can now move forward in this direction.

SONY have released this at £13.00 (price I paid) for 2 CD & 1 DVD which is a price no one can really grumble at, but if FTD were to release a similar project with 1 CD & 1 DVD for £20.00 I think it would still be good value, but it dose need work and as said there are fans out there that can do it easily.
As a side note the footage does look grainy but very watchable, there is other footage from this show out there, no doubt a bootleg version of this with other footage will follow, but for now its well worth it for the price, and look forward to more of the same.

Not listened to the CD's yet. but I am sure the sound is top knotch.


I'm glad I got it.....but I do agree with you 100%
The Phoenix release a few years ago 'filled' in the gaps better ( abait footage being blurrier)

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:49 pm

I got my copy friday. Im not an audio expert so i leave that to others.

The dvd is very nice, the footage quality is really great when you know the circumstances the footage was made in.
I can't believe people are moaning the footage is grainy. This is made with a hand held camera in 1972 come on. Take a camera with you nowadays and you will find out how difficult it is to film something steady and in good quality with all the kights and stuff. The guy who filmed it earns a statue for undestanding the historical value of this footage and for bringin gthe tripod whic really makes a difference with other footage.

Its nice to see what Elvis meant when he said something like "Its just died, did you see that" referring to te microphone which went done just after singing into it. And it s great to have an image to such a well known audio release, that makes it sometimes almost surreal to see. The audio is so in your system for years and now see the image to part of it is really fantastic. Did he look better compared to On Tour just 2 months before.

I've got two minor critical points with his dvd.
In the start (and further in) of the 20 minute documentary Elvis is being compared to God and his appearance to a Godlike experience. I think that's pretty over the top. I don;t think Elvis would have been too fond on this either. I mean the show was fantastic, best thing ever for people who attended and now we can enjoy this in the best possible way but that kind of comparison we can live without in my opinion.

Second is that the 20 minute footage is put in the complete audio of the show so you are watching to a black screen quite some time. Something should have been done in the dvd structure to only play the footage and they could have used some pictures to complete the songs imagewise.

But just to be clear this release is a winner and highly recommended!

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:25 pm

I'm glad I had mine on Saturday from Amazon because I just checked at my local HMV and they haven't got in stock. :roll:

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:55 pm

keninlincs wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
karlos wrote:
Tony.. wrote:If I was producing a DVD of unseen 1972 film on Elvis, I would rather choose perfect quality, professionally filmed footage of complete songs over a 20 minute clip from an 8mm camera with no sound and only parts of songs.
The fact that we know that performances of songs such as "For the good times", "Until it's time for you to go", "Johnny B. Goode" (rehearsal) are still officially unseen, then I would say that would be my choice. You will probably only watch the MSG home movie once or twice.

..........................................................

Well Tony at least we are getting to see most of the concert that has been unavailable for years - we must be thank ful for what we are gettn - that my opinion - Its been a while since Elvis has been in the charts - and I hope this one makes it as one or the best selling item in the charts worldwide - Lets all be thank foul for this release - - this will be welcomed by me and many fans worldwide -Old and new fans - I just cant wait ta see this and see ratings of this item being relased - in a few days .Amen


It's only around 30 minutes, Karlos which is about one third of the show.

Come on Tony ,be a little positive



yu r right keninlincs 0h- yu r right buddy -
at least we can get 20 - 30 mins of it Tony,
what were u xpectin the whole damn show -Lol - may be one day eh -
lets be positive and hope for the best - Tony - [/b)
..........................................................................................
...[b]. Today I recvd my copy of this deluxe edition from Amazon Uk -I cant wait ta see it whn I Get home - Yipee - ::rocks

Re: Prince from another Planet to hit the charts next week!

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
londonflash wrote:
Suds wrote:I'm looking forward to getting this from a shop on Monday, and I hope I won't be the buying shop's only copy.

A long time has passed since an Elvis album, without tv or radio promotion, last entered the top 40 chart . Hopefully, this package will enter the chart - the higher the better, of course. If it does enter the top 40, it wil be his first album of solely 70s recordings to do so since Elvis in Concert in 1977.

I want to see 70s Elvis doing well in the charts!


I think I may well pop into HMV, Croydon, tomorrow and see if it's on sale there. If it is, I'll definitely pick up a copy.

Yep, I'll be going there too! :mrgreen:


You must have beaten me to it as they couldn't find any when I ventured along there lunchtime. I think I'll do what I should have all along and order from Amazon at some stage. I'm in no rush :D