28%
2.I would jump off the nearest bridge
19%
3.I don't care,they are going to buy out the world anyways so who cares
53%

Total votes : 36

What if Disney bought out EPE

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:42 pm

now that Disney has bought Marvel,Muppets and star wars what would the fans think if they bought out Elvis?

Re: What if Disney bought out EPE

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:44 pm

jump off the nearest bridge....

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 pm

It wouldn't make any difference.

A lot of fans complain that Elvis is already been made into a cartoon character and Graceland is like Disney World and Disney Land.

So with that in mind Disney probably would be a good fit as they wouldn't have to change much.

It would just be more of the same if Disney did buy Elvis' likeness.

I voted for option number three but my opinion is a mix of #1 and #3.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:44 pm

From one mickey mouse joint to another :D

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:48 pm

I would care not.

I'm more of a fan of Walt Disney than I ever was of EPE.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:42 am

I think it would be a match made in heaven, EPE has the Elvis Duck, Disney has Donald Duck, the possibilies are endless.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:46 am

If they joined forces:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:51 am

Dixieland Rocks wrote:If they joined forces:

horrible

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:20 am

Ah, but surely if Disney bought EPE, their next step would be to buy out Warner and then they'd own the rights to the unseen footage of Elvis On Tour and we can all stop moaning because we haven't seen it.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:13 am

Dixieland Rocks wrote:If they joined forces:

Beeeeee-u--tiful !

Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:14 am

Hope it doesn't happen, but wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Elvis' name, image, and likeness have been so warped and ridiulously merchandised at this point who knows if it would make a difference. But hey, maybe they'll install a monorail around Graceland. At least it would get rid of their complaints about the shuttles using too much gas.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:55 am

Could not care less

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:40 pm

That is absolutely adorable and I'd like to buy everyone on this board one for Christmas!

Is that the Hampton Roads version?

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:48 pm

Than we would get Graceland as an attraction in Disney Land, featuring Elvis the Lion, Priscilla the Serpent and The Memphis Condors in a new tale. That would be something. Hopefully this time it ends nicely for the hero of the fairytale.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Alexander wrote:Than we would get Graceland as an attraction in Disney Land, featuring Elvis the Lion, Priscilla the Serpent and The Memphis Condors in a new tale. That would be something. Hopefully this time it ends nicely for the hero of the fairytale.

*shudder*

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:18 pm

The Mickey Mouse "Elvis" is freakin cute, no doubt. I would'nt mind adding this little gem to my collection.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:34 pm

Disney knows how to sell an image and how to handle a theme park. So I don't see any problem if they'd buy out EPE.

The music is handled by Sony anyway and I believe they would not do a worse job if the image of the King was owned by someone else.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:36 am

Rob wrote:Image

That is absolutely adorable and I'd like to buy everyone on this board one for Christmas!

Is that the Hampton Roads version?

I accept your offer. Should I PM my mailing address?

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:51 pm

I think it would be great! Just think about it. We'd likely get an animated film entitled The Jungle Room Book!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:48 pm

JerryNodak wrote:I accept your offer. Should I PM my mailing address?

I just said I'd like to.....

Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:16 pm

EPE vs Disney? What is the difference between them? I can't see it, as many of you.
Lisa and Priscilla must be really proud of their work as "the keepers of Elvis' legacy".

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:55 pm

If Disney owned EPE, the facility improvements, hotel etc. would have been done years ago. Say what you want about Disney, but they have lots of cash, and lots of very creative people. Two things that are missing at EPE.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Simon1 wrote:I think it would be a match made in heaven, EPE has the Elvis Duck, Disney has Donald Duck, the possibilies are endless.

What about Donald's long lost cousin, Elvin Pretzel McDuck.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:06 pm

I wonder what kind of rides Elvisland would have? Elvis, Scotty and Bill's wild ride? The Col. Parker Dunk Tank. The Lisa Marie flight simulator? The Shoot a Stanley Shooting Gallery?