Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: The Rebel FINALLY Gets To Tell HIS Story!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:28 pm

The Purple Gang wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:
The Purple Gang wrote:John - did you notice this at the end of the article .... © 2012 Ventura County Star. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

:?:

Back to bash DJC again, are we???

No Tony, not bashing but a valid question regarding possible copyright infringement on the forum. When a website specifically asks you not to 'copy' its content then is it ok to lift photos, captions and text and post them elsewhere? :smt102 It’s something that happens regularly on here. Some might have qualms about doing this when just the link to the page itself would seem to be sufficient.

Stay cool, my friend. :smt004

So we should stop reposting on here anything that is illegally uploaded to youtube as well. Or, heaven forbid, people should stop buying bootlegs. Why exactly you are so keen to protect the copyright of a website, but undoubtedly own a fair amount of bootleg Elvis items and therefore not protect the copyright of music, is a mystery.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:03 am

promiseland wrote:
The Purple Gang wrote:John - did you notice this at the end of the article .... © 2012 Ventura County Star. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

:?:

Watch out Doc the "Purple Gang Web Police" is here!! :roll:

Did you notice you are rude just posting to show your jealousy of The Doc?

Nice work Doc very enjoyable topic! :smt023

Thanks. Almost the only time that member logs on is to try and disrupt a post of mine. It's pathetic.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:20 pm

As we're on the subject of Nick Adams, I found this in a May 1968 edition of "Photoplay" USA magazine which has Elvis and Priscilla on the front cover. It makes for interesting reading;
NICK ADAMS.jpg

NICK ADAMS 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:48 am

Has anyone reviewed the book? I've done a search, and haven't found a review of the actual book.

I just read it. It's really nothing to get anyone's knickers in a twist over; if anyone was trying to "cash in," well, there's nothing there, really to "cash in" on. Nothing wrong with Nick wanting to write up a positive appraisal of his friend, and his friend's family, but wow. He DOES go just a tad overboard. There are comparisons to Alexander The Great. And others. At one point he suggests that God sent him to Elvis, or Elvis to him, to save him from a life of sin. I'm not kidding!

Elvis apparently never used bad language, as Nick said he stopped doing that after his exposure to Elvis. Also, Elvis said "gee" and "golly" and "cute" a lot. And it's clear that he seemed to worship the ground Elvis walked upon. (Or, better said, the water he walked on.)

Elvis's parents were perfect, and Elvis's loyalty to them a wonder to behold. Elvis was always nice to everyone, at all times, under virtually every circumstance. End of story.

I'm not sure what else to say, except that Nick Adams typed all this up, this "my encounters with Elvis," without any seeming purpose. Very unusual document - the manuscript. It is interesting, in its way, but there's nothing really to discover in it (except Adams' psyche, I guess), and it really is a bit too much. It says he often liked to chronicle his connections to greatness. Maybe he intended it for the future.

rjm