Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: More MSG PFAP footage previews!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:16 pm

My package has arrived totday and it looks stunning :D .
yust listened fragmently to the cd's and i'm not complaining, sounds good to me.
But i do have a mixed feeling about the DVD and have to say despite the greatness of the 20 minutes of concertfootage it's kinda stupid to suddenly drop right in a blank spot for minutes not knowing when other footage appear. Wondering if there has been any thoughts about filling in the blanks with some great photo's or other footage?

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:24 pm

i cant wait :D, Elvismatters says the truck with these cd arrives on monday and get shipped immidiatly :D I should have it by wednesday i just cant wait!!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Fabbe wrote:I think I have seen non-pro film of this show from other angles. So it might be possible - combining different sources - to have the complete show.

There's a nice boot DVD called 'The 1972 New York Experience' in that concept. I'm sure someone will bring out an updated version soon.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:30 pm

Exogenesis wrote:
Fabbe wrote:I think I have seen non-pro film of this show from other angles. So it might be possible - combining different sources - to have the complete show.

There's a nice boot DVD called 'The 1972 New York Experience' in that concept. I'm sure someone will bring out an updated version soon.

STAR with the footage from sony added where possible :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:57 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Exogenesis wrote:

STAR with the footage from sony added where possible :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Please, don't give STAR any ideas.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:32 pm

hli wrote:My package has arrived totday and it looks stunning :D .
yust listened fragmently to the cd's and i'm not complaining, sounds good to me.
But i do have a mixed feeling about the DVD and have to say despite the greatness of the 20 minutes of concertfootage it's kinda stupid to suddenly drop right in a blank spot for minutes not knowing when other footage appear. Wondering if there has been any thoughts about filling in the blanks with some great photo's or other footage?

But you can select tracks too...

Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Its a must have, i hope this sells very well :D

Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:24 am

Just listened to the evening show which sounds superb. No complaints, fresh clear and fuller sounding than before...to sum up the sound is faithful to the originals but fuller sounding. :D

Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:26 am

a mess of polk salad wrote:Just listened to the evening show which sounds superb. No complaints, fresh clear and fuller sounding than before...to sum up the sound is faithful to the originals but fuller sounding. :D

This is shaping out to be an incredible release. Can't wait to get my copy!! ::rocks

Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:30 am

Joe Car wrote:
a mess of polk salad wrote:Just listened to the evening show which sounds superb. No complaints, fresh clear and fuller sounding than before...to sum up the sound is faithful to the originals but fuller sounding. :D

This is shaping out to be an incredible release. Can't wait to get my copy!! ::rocks

The Doc and the live footage...brilliant - shows how good Elvis was in the '70s - ON TOUR is great, and ALOHA but here Elvis is on top form...physically commanding!!!

Robert Plant said on BBC Radio that Elvis was the best performer he'd EVER seen live - here you can see why...

Imagine if we'd had the whole performance captured by Don Lance? However what we get is pure Gold...

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:00 am

Got mine today from Amazon UK.It's got to be the best £13 I've ever spent..

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:21 am

yeah that Polk Salad clip is pretty cool.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:55 am

Gary1 wrote:Got mine today from Amazon UK.It's got to be the best £13 I've ever spent..

The best mainstream release ever imo. Elvis at his touring peak, yes 69 and 70 in Vegas he was fitter and vocally better but this is the real deal. A real audience and venue not chicken in the basket at the dinner show. This is as cool as rock and roll can be. This package gets you as close as you can possibly get to what it must have been like to have seen Elvis in his prime. I wasnt that lucky but this gives me a flavour of how sensational it must have been. What a treat :-)

J

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:07 am

Jamie wrote:
Gary1 wrote:Got mine today from Amazon UK.It's got to be the best £13 I've ever spent..

The best mainstream release ever imo. Elvis at his touring peak, yes 69 and 70 in Vegas he was fitter and vocally better but this is the real deal. A real audience and venue not chicken in the basket at the dinner show. This is as cool as rock and roll can be. This package gets you as close as you can possibly get to what it must have been like to have seen Elvis in his prime. I wasnt that lucky but this gives me a flavour of how sensational it must have been. What a treat :-)

J

Totally agree.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:29 am

Gary1 wrote:
Jamie wrote:

J

Totally agree.

Plus one.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:40 am

Jamie wrote:

J

You summed it up nicely. Elvis focused and in control if front of a packed stadium was an incredible experience. This package will showcase this.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:54 am

jamie - nice post !
there are in fact people on this very message board who we're lucky enuff to be at 1 of the MSG shows (they call each other muther a lot)

i got mine today & am now skipping thru the cds , the package is actually far better than i expected, looks like a deluxe FTD (& cheaper)
wasnt too keen on the new cover shot (dont like that stupid eve suit) but nice to see the original jacksonville pic & the original 'afternoon' cover included in the booklet!
damn, did he look cool at the press conference (page 4 i think is the 1st pic - man, why couldnt he have stayed like that!)
tho i always found it weird that he seemed unsure if it was being recorded or not, even tho he knew RCA 'people' we're there !
surely he knew if a gig was being recorded for rush release or not ?
was 'now or never' REALLY his fav song?? if so why didnt he sing it !
i dont particularly like it anyway but its his own thing u know ! :P

anyway, the mix(s) are not as different as expected, he sounded great B4, he still sounds great ! the major difference is the shows are more equal whereas B4, the a/noon show sounded quite diff (being a newer modern mix) to the original release !
but im not feeling major difference or mind-blowing work!

what is clear tho & what ive ALWAYS known is that he kicked ass at the garden , i think he had a point to prove & he knew it & prove it he did! turns out that pic in the blue suit is PRE show - i'd presumed it was him coming off stage !

either way, great gigs, great price - great package !!!!!!!!!
it wont turn the world upside down but no one on here should moan about THIS release (but then I thought that about stage rehearsals)

i almost wish the satellite cameras we're at the garden instead of hawaii!
to me "THIS IS ELVIS"
for those that dont have it yet, look 4ward to a lovely little package !
for me, i just like to think he took that 1 shot at the garden & totally stepped up to the plate ! hes faultless imo !
i cant imagine what it must have been like to actually be in the building !

ive said & thought it many times over the past 15+ yrs but if i had a time machine, id go back to that saturday in june 1972
keep buying those records folks

well that woke ME up anyway

Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:00 am

Z0S0 wrote:jamie - nice post !
there are in fact people on this very message board who we're lucky enuff to be at 1 of the MSG shows (they call each other muther a lot)

i got mine today & am now skipping thru the cds , the package is actually far better than i expected, looks like a deluxe FTD (& cheaper)
wasnt too keen on the new cover shot (dont like that stupid eve suit) but nice to see the original jacksonville pic & the original 'afternoon' cover included in the booklet!
damn, did he look cool at the press conference (page 4 i think is the 1st pic - man, why couldnt he have stayed like that!)
tho i always found it weird that he seemed unsure if it was being recorded or not, even tho he knew RCA 'people' we're there !
surely he knew if a gig was being recorded for rush release or not ?
was 'now or never' REALLY his fav song?? if so why didnt he sing it !
i dont particularly like it anyway but its his own thing u know ! :P

anyway, the mix(s) are not as different as expected, he sounded great B4, he still sounds great ! the major difference is the shows are more equal whereas B4, the a/noon show sounded quite diff (being a newer modern mix) to the original release !
but im not feeling major difference or mind-blowing work!

what is clear tho & what ive ALWAYS known is that he kicked ass at the garden , i think he had a point to prove & he knew it & prove it he did! turns out that pic in the blue suit is PRE show - i'd presumed it was him coming off stage !

either way, great gigs, great price - great package !!!!!!!!!
it wont turn the world upside down but no one on here should moan about THIS release (but then I thought that about stage rehearsals)

i almost wish the satellite cameras we're at the garden instead of hawaii!
to me "THIS IS ELVIS"
for those that dont have it yet, look 4ward to a lovely little package !
for me, i just like to think he took that 1 shot at the garden & totally stepped up to the plate ! hes faultless imo !
i cant imagine what it must have been like to actually be in the building !

ive said & thought it many times over the past 15+ yrs but if i had a time machine, id go back to that saturday in june 1972
keep buying those records folks

well that woke ME up anyway

Great.Yes I think it epitomises the 1970s Elvis...Better than ALOHA!!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:17 am

Really enjoyed the dvd....I only whish they would include more footage from the evening show
Like finding better source of the following :

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:24 am

I was always torn between the two shows but without question the Afternoon show as now become my favourite - been trying to replicate the Suspicious Minds karate ending in my kitchen to no avail... :lol:

Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:29 am

The element that stands out to me on the new mixes is his vocals. They have really added something to bring out all the subtle phrasing and nuances. I hear things on both concerts that I didn't get before. I said in an earlier post the mixes really showcase Elvis' vocal brilliance. Both shows are similar in mixing terms but I think the drums may have been better recorded on the evening show, they seem to have more clarity around them, perhaps they added or moved some mics after the afternoon recording. Just my opinion and I know we all hear things differently.

Cheers j

Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:33 am

Jamie wrote:The element that stands out to me on the new mixes is his vocals. They have really added something to bring out all the subtle phrasing and nuances. I hear things on both concerts that I didn't get before. I said in an earlier post the mixes really showcase Elvis' vocal brilliance. Both shows are similar in mixing terms but I think the drums may have been better recorded on the evening show, they seem to have more clarity around them, perhaps they added or moved some mics after the afternoon recording. Just my opinion and I know we all hear things differently.

Cheers j

Good points I agree. This release is stellar...
IMG_0264.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:35 am

Regarding clip in my previous post.
What dvd is the first clip with the clock counter taken from?
I have it but cant remember what dvd......

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:30 am

I don't have the new set yet but I have a question: Elvis comes out on stage and begins the afternoon show wearing the cape and he ends the show in the cape. But there are photos showing him without the cape. Did Elvis take off the cape and put it back on at some point?

Thanks - looking forward to getting this on Tuesday!!

RKS

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:48 am

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:I don't have the new set yet but I have a question: Elvis comes out on stage and begins the afternoon show wearing the cape and he ends the show in the cape. But there are photos showing him without the cape. Did Elvis take off the cape and put it back on at some point?

He's wearing the cape until the start of 'Polk Salad Annie' and gets it back on before 'Funny How Time Slips Away', where he wanted to turn the house lights up.