Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: More MSG PFAP footage previews!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:17 pm

hi

I've just been taking the advice from page 5 and playing it loud. Still Wow!

Whilst listening again I've spent some more time with the booklet (which I have to say is top notch as well). I have afew questions;

1. it looks like Elvis wore the same suit on the evening show of the 10th and the afternoon of the 11th. Is this right or are the photos wrongly noted? If it is right did he have two suits the same?

2. The photo from page 39 looks like a photo from Hound Dog marked as the evening show 10th. I can't see a belt in the photo and bearing in mind how big they are I assume he has taken it off or given it away? Anybody know anything about this? The belt seems to be there on the 11th so I guess he took it off for some eason?

cheers Jamie

Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:27 pm

davide wrote:http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50134896n&tag=mg;mostpopvideo

Thanks
Davide

Thanks Davide!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:56 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Biggest release of 2012, no doubt........even bigger than ABFT.

No way. ABFT is the most important Elvis release for years.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:05 pm

davide wrote:http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50134896n&tag=mg;mostpopvideo

Thanks
Davide

Thanks Davide.

This box set is getting some well deserved promotion.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Thanks
Davide

Thanks for the link, Davide. I've always liked Jerry Schilling. He's warm and sincere, and looking good for his age here.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:59 am

Billy Budd wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:Biggest release of 2012, no doubt........even bigger than ABFT.

No way. ABFT is the most important Elvis release for years.

I agree that ABFT is the more important release in terms of documenting the birth of a revolution in music and culture, no doubt about it. However, it was a limited edition for fans only. PFAP is a mainstream release and has a historic yet also contemporay vibe to it. It's hard to explain but it just feels more current and I suspect will have a bigger impact on Elvis image than ABFT.

Perhaps it's because I got introduced to Elvis at this time. My second album for Xmas 73 was MSG and Aloha.

As I said I think ABFT is more important historically but I think PFAP will have a bigger impact.

Jamie

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:02 am

Or "OK Bob!" as some understood it. :wink:

for over 15yrs i always thought it was bloody 'ok PAUL' lmao (idiot)
and always wondered who the hell paul was -
especially when its basically jerry that kicks things off !

bloody mumbling southern hillbilly :lol:
just kidding of course, i love the guy & im totally in love with the 'prince package' - had the eve show cranked up LOUD today & had a great hr!
man, ive said a 100 times but what a bloody gig ! in fact did anything better that sat night ????

still havnt gotten round to the dvd !
the booklet is excellent & very impressive tho - its clearly a work of love with much work (& people) devoted to this project, and considering its almost a budget release (in this day & age) i hope it sells a ton cos it really should, there shouldnt be ANYONE on this mb who shouldnt grab it! even Ger should get a copy lol

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:32 am

jak wrote:My wife saw him for the first time within a week or so of the MSG shows in Ft Wayne. She said she screamed the entire show.The energy and atmosphere of the shows was just incredible.She said you could just feel the energy in the place building before Elvis walked out.Then when he walked out the place just exploded.I saw him once and I can tell you his arrival was quite the spectacle.

JAK - wasnt Ft wayne the following day after MSG, the mon eve?
if so he didnt get much of a break did he but im sure he & the band we're on the exact same form as MSG - unless he was a little tired & maybe not as excited now the big event was over & it was just another town!
but either way, the both of u we're extremely lucky !!!!
i cant imagine what IT must have been like to see prime 72 elvis -
especially THAT particular tour !!!

i can quite believe the whole building was buzzing !!! wot a guy

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:34 pm

hi anyone had a chance to consider my question regarding the suit and belt from 10th June?

No worries if not, probably still playing the CD's!

cheers J

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:42 pm

Jamie wrote:hi anyone had a chance to consider my question regarding the suit and belt from 10th June?

No worries if not, probably still playing the CD's!

cheers J

Jamie - heres ya query

Original name: Adonis suit

Other names: White Comet suit
Belt:
Gold Attendance belt

Description: White jumpsuit with matching gold lined cape.

This suit made its debut during the first MSG concert (June 9th).
An original belt was possibly made for the suit, but Elvis didn't wear it. He wore the suit with the "Gold Attendance Belt".

Original name: Wheat suit

Other names: Light Blue Grass Suit, Cluster Suit

Description: Light blue jumpsuit with matching silver lined cape.

Belt:
White Fireworks Belt
Original belt

Information:
When Elvis first wore this suit in 1972, he wore it with the "White Fireworks Belt". When the suit was worn again in 1973, it was worn with the original belt.

This was one of the suits Elvis wore during one his famous
1972 Madison Square Garden performances.
Above Text from
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/jumpsuits/jump1972.htm
THANKS

Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:36 pm

thanks Karlos for the info

I still am not clear though whether this answers my questions though;

1. it looks like Elvis wore the same suit on the evening show of the 10th and the afternoon of the 11th. Is this right or are the photos wrongly noted? If it is right did he have two suits the same?

2. The photo from page 39 looks like a photo from Hound Dog marked as the evening show 10th. I can't see a belt in the photo and bearing in mind how big they are I assume he has taken it off or given it away? Anybody know anything about this? The belt seems to be there on the 11th so I guess he took it off for some reason?

cheers for any extra info

Jamie

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm buying the set for the dvd. Love the concerts but I already have many audio versions of them. Though it will be nice to hear the Evening show in better quality it's the video that I'm excited about. The missing parts can easily be filled with fan footage that has been circulating for a long time.
Hopefully this will be the beginning of more video footage to be released from master sources in the future. Good work BMG!
The set comes out here in Canada tomorrow and I'll be there to pick up my copy.
Lucio

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:15 pm

Lucio

the booklet and DVD do create a real collectors package. But don't ignore the audio, I think they done a great job on Elvis' vocals. Hope you enjoy

cheers Jamie

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:14 am

Another piece of video.
http://elvis.ly/fiaZT

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:23 am

MSG June 10, Evening show, while performing "An American Trilogy". The American flag in the background is quite fitting.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:53 pm

Got mine today!!! Just waiting till I get home from work.