Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis on Hard Core Pawn

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:56 pm

I hate to say I am hooked on the show Hard Core Pawn.. (a show about a pawn store in Detroit Michigan)

I was watching a episode today from 2011 and I guy brought in a Elvis Golden Records vol 3 signed by "Elvis Presley". The signature did NOT look even close. He goes on to say that he purchased this from the infamous Jim Hannaford - the president of Elvis's Fan Club. The Pawn brokers were actually loving it and really like the certificate. LOL!

They decided to go online and check the prices of "signed" Elvis Presley albums and they came back and stated that they were really down these days - $100 -$50. Are you kidding me.. WTF

Not only was it not real and not even close... they totally had no clue what it was worth IF it had been real. LOL!!!

Mark

Re: Elvis on Hard Core Pawn

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:54 am

Few reality programs are compelling, but I do recommend these for 30 minutes of fun viewing:

Storage Wars - Texas
http://www.aetv.com/storage-wars-texas/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storage_Wars:_Texas


Storage Wars
http://www.aetv.com/storage-wars/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storage_Wars



Jenny Grumbles is adorable!
http://www.aetv.com/storage-wars-texas/meet-players/jenny-grumbles/

Re: Elvis on Hard Core Pawn

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:15 am

Ultimx wrote:I hate to say I am hooked on the show Hard Core Pawn.. (a show about a pawn store in Detroit Michigan)

I was watching a episode today from 2011 and I guy brought in a Elvis Golden Records vol 3 signed by "Elvis Presley". The signature did NOT look even close. He goes on to say that he purchased this from the infamous Jim Hannaford - the president of Elvis's Fan Club. The Pawn brokers were actually loving it and really like the certificate. LOL!

They decided to go online and check the prices of "signed" Elvis Presley albums and they came back and stated that they were really down these days - $100 -$50. Are you kidding me.. WTF

Not only was it not real and not even close... they totally had no clue what it was worth IF it had been real. LOL!!!

Mark


I watched this when it first aired, but haven't seen it in over a year. So are they making new episodes? Every legitimate Elvis autograph that I've ever seen for sale has been for a few hundred dollars to a thousand plus on average! 8) I really enjoy watching Pawn Stars, and the interaction between the "stars" is really funny!. 8)

Re: Elvis on Hard Core Pawn

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:05 am

None of those shows compares to the ETA hoarder who was featured on a hoarding reality show.......


phpBB [video]

Re: Elvis on Hard Core Pawn

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:12 am

Ah, Hard Core Pawn.... The show that would have us believe Detroit is made up of overweight Black people who live off welfare and enjoy yelling and cussing in public places. I sometimes watch the show and often feel the need to wash my hands afterwards....

Pawn Stars: people bring weird stuff into the shop
Hard Core Pawn: weird people come into the shop.

Storage Wars.... Brandi... :smt007

Re: Elvis on Hard Core Pawn

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:45 am

Mister Mike wrote:Ah, Hard Core Pawn.... The show that would have us believe Detroit is made up of overweight Black people who live off welfare and enjoy yelling and cussing in public places. I sometimes watch the show and often feel the need to wash my hands afterwards....

Pawn Stars: people bring weird stuff into the shop
Hard Core Pawn: weird people come into the shop.

Storage Wars.... Brandi... :smt007

Jenny Grumbles is adorable!
http://www.aetv.com/storage-wars-texas/meet-players/jenny-grumbles/


Jenny Grumbles_Storage Wars Texas_01.JPG


Jenny Grumbles_Storage Wars Texas_02.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis on Hard Core Pawn

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:50 am

Thanks, Doc. Never watched Storage Wars - Texas, but I think you may have given me a reason to take look. :wink:

Re: Elvis on Hard Core Pawn

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:36 am

Mister Mike wrote:Thanks, Doc. Never watched Storage Wars - Texas, but I think you may have given me a reason to take look. :wink:

Both iterations are a fun thirty minutes, but Jenny Grumbles is adorable!

Re: Elvis on Hard Core Pawn

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:50 am

Pawn Stars is good fun to watch but so many scenes on it are set ups and not very convincing either.

Re: Elvis on Hard Core Pawn

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:15 am

Those shows are fake! I find it too stupid. If someone wants to sell something, go on ebay or the best auctioneers online. The pawn shops are a rip off!!

Re: Elvis on Hard Core Pawn

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:32 am

My main thing was that the autograph was a FAKE and that they were WAY OFF on its appraisal even if it had been real.. What a joke.

MArk