Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:21 pm

ale wrote:
Tornado wrote:
Daryl wrote:It seems to me that FTD is doing bonus tracks from the Memphis sessions based upon the singles primarily. I would have to guess that "Mama Liked The Roses" + any outtakes will be the only bonus track to be included along with "From Elvis In Memphis," given that Chips wanted that in place of "Power Of My Love" on the album. It seems FTD paired up "Suspicious Minds" on "Back In Memphis" with the B-Side, already featured on the album, "You'll Think Of Me."

I would have to guess then that FTD will likely do album treatments of both "Let's Be Friends" and "Almost In Love." Since "Almost In Love" already has the B-sides "Rubberneckin'" and "My Little Friend," I would have to presume then that those masters and outtakes along with "Don't Cry Daddy" + any outtakes and "Kentucky Rain" + outtakes will be included on "Almost In Love." Since "Let's Be Friends" features "If I'm A Fool (For Loving You)" and "I'll Be There," I would have to think that the outtakes of those along with the other two remaining album tracks from the Memphis sessions, "Hey Jude" + outtakes and "Who Am I" + any outtakes would likely then be included on the FTD treatment of "Let's Be Friends." Does that make any sense?

Daryl

Daryl, I though exactly the same thing....those extra songs should be on Let's be Friends and Almost in Love.
Maybe some will say that the Camdem records are not so "classic" but IMO those two are...most of their contents are not on other records or singles.
Months ago I posted a topic about it and came with this idea:

ALMOST IN LOVE - FTD

1. Almost in Love
2. Long Legged Girl (With the Short Dress On)
3. Edge of Reality
4. My Little Friend
5. A Little Less Conversation
6. Rubberneckin'
7. Clean Up Your Own Backyard
8. U.S. Male
9. Charro!
10. Stay Away

BONUS MASTERS:
Too much monkey bussines
Going home
Kentucky rain
Don’t cry daddy

OUTTAKES:
Almost in love (?)
Edge of reality
A little less conversation
Clean up your own backyard outtake (?)
US male (Wings of an Angel included)
Stay away
Too much monkey bussines
Going home
My Little Friend (?)
Rubberneckin'
Kentucky rain
Don’t cry daddy (?)

LET'S BE FRIENDS - FTD

1. Stay Away, Joe
2. If I'm a Fool (For Loving You)
3. Let's Be Friends
4. Let's Forget About the Stars
5. Mama
6. I'll Be There
7. Almost
8. Change of Habit
9. Have a Happy

BONUS MASTERS:
All I needed was the rain
Dominic
Signs Of The Zodiac
The Whiffenpoof Song
Violet
Swing low Sweet Chariot
Let us pray
Mama Liked the roses
Hey Jude
Who am I?

OUTTAKES:
Stay away joe
Let's be friends (?)
Let's forget about the stars (?)
Almost
Change of Habit (?)
Have a happy (?)
All I needed was the rain (?)
Swing low sweet chariot (?)
Let us pray
If I'm a Fool (For Loving You)
I'll Be There (?)
Mama Liked the roses (?)
Hey Jude
Who am I? (?)

I have to say that I also think this is the way to go. Let's Be Friends and Almost In Love were decent, coherent albums for the most part (with the exception of Mama) and of better quality music-wise than many of the Classic Albums we have had so far.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:32 pm

I agree, it is a rather good idea. The Camden albums were really not that bad overall. The two mentioned above being the better choices of that series. I was just a kid when they were being released but I enjoyed them then and still give them a spin every once in a while. An FTD treatment might be a good idea. I have to agree with Peter about the song "Mama" :facep:

rlj

Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:47 pm

Well its December 14th sure hope my FTDs will be mailed out today from Shopelvis and not have a repeat of last year for WWOC. They still indicate that 3000 and BIM will be shipped today while GI Blues will be delayed until January.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:55 pm

DJL wrote:Well its December 14th sure hope my FTDs will be mailed out today from Shopelvis and not have a repeat of last year for WWOC. They still indicate that 3000 and BIM will be shipped today while GI Blues will be delayed until January.

I hope so too. Although I have my G.I. Blues copy..., except I am not "allowed" to open it (along with other FTD's) untill Christmas! :cry:

rlj