Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: The New FTD Cd's

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:03 am

Rock Legend wrote:‘True Love Travels’ is not the rehearsal that we know. This one is actually better – vocally very close to the ’69 master.

The good news is... There's a lot more where this came from.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This post made my day!

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:35 am

I pre-ordered these from Shop Elvis last week and it said these would be shipped on or before 12-14-12. I'm guessing the chances of this happening is zero, correct?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:40 am

Rock Legend wrote:The “3000 SOUTH PARADISE ROAD” especially is going to be a real gem.

The rehearsal is pretty decent audio, better than I expected.

‘Blueberry Hill’ is a nice relaxed version, Elvis does not exert himself too much, but it has a lovely lazy feel to it. Typical Elvis lyric changes about taking the pill, etc.

‘Little Sister’ starts with a fade in – the first verse missing.

‘My Babe’ is a notch faster than the ’69 version, not as groovy. Very interesting James Burton guitar solo not heard in other versions.

‘True Love Travels’ is not the rehearsal that we know. This one is actually better – vocally very close to the ’69 master.

The good news is... There's a lot more where this came from.

Audio has been done by Lene Reidel.

Those that only know the August 12 Dinner Show from the bootleg are in for a treat. The audio is fantastic. Hard to believe that it’s a soundboard,
as it really sounds like a pro recording. The difference is like night and day. Audio done by DHAC at Sony NYC.

Frieser and Slebos have collected many rare, great photos for the packaging, and the 7 inch packaging really does them justice. They also found lots of cool memorabilia, documents, etc.

I can’t wait to have this one in my hands. This is going to be one of FTD's best releases so far (I know, quite a statement, but I stand by it). Amazing that stunning releases like this are still coming out after all these years.

How do you know all this and that "there's a lot more where this came from" please 'Rock'. Who are you and how are you involved with FTD please?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:31 am

I have pre-ordered this release and as long as i get this CD b4 xmas i will be a VERY happy listener!~ :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:42 am

YDKM wrote:I have pre-ordered this release and as long as i get this CD b4 xmas i will be a VERY happy listener!~ :lol:

i repeat AGAIN (they are obviously NOT released this week~!) but b4 xmas would be nice!~ :oops: :? :roll: :lol:

Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:50 am

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and I had a question. Does anybody know when or if the October FTDs (From EP Blvd. & the vinyl Elvis Country) will be available again on Elvis.com? I've tried emailing them and have gotten no response. I assume they're temporarily sold out and are waiting for another shipment to come in. Does anybody know for sure?

Thanks, and happy to be here!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:07 pm

YDKM wrote:I have pre-ordered this release and as long as i get this CD b4 xmas i will be a VERY happy listener!~ :lol:

What happens if it's been mastered by EJ's 'girlfriend' and you become pissed off (yet again) ?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:44 am

Robt wrote:

What happens if it's been mastered by EJ's 'girlfriend' and you become pissed off (yet again) ?

if so.... well (obviously) i would be upset.... why wouldn't anyone when its NOT that hard to have some basic 'quality control',....well unless the person mastering couldn't care less about how Elvis sounds!~
i know quite a bit about this from behind the scenes,.... and b4 2010 QUALITY of releases was much, MUCH better...with not too much to complain about. :|

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:28 am

steve in SC wrote:I pre-ordered these from Shop Elvis last week and it said these would be shipped on or before 12-14-12. I'm guessing the chances of this happening is zero, correct?

Well. I guess I can answer my own question since Christmas is 3 weeks from today and the new FTD's are not out there is no way I will have these here in the U.S. by Christmas. :(

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:07 pm

college rhythm wrote:Hi all! I'm new to the forum and I had a question. Does anybody know when or if the October FTDs (From EP Blvd. & the vinyl Elvis Country) will be available again on Elvis.com? I've tried emailing them and have gotten no response. I assume they're temporarily sold out and are waiting for another shipment to come in. Does anybody know for sure?

Thanks, and happy to be here!

Hi and welcome to the board! I can't answer your question as I am UK based. I get mine from now dig that or Elvis shop London. I think that others outside of UK may also use them as still quicker than USA alternatives. Hope you enjoy being here

Cheers Jamie

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:25 am

FTD have advised that the 'G.I. Blues Special Edition' 2 LP Vinyl Set will be delayed until after December 7 and WILL NOT ship with the CD releases. The CD releases are Back In Memphis as a 2 CD set in the Classic Album series which dives into the 1969 sessions in Memphis featuring 'Suspicious Minds' as a bonus track and 3000 South Paradise Road in a 2 disc 7" 'Classic Album' format with a 16-page booklet. This release takes a closer look at Elvis' engagement at the Las Vegas Hilton with a soundboard recording in August of 1972. The main disc is from the dinner show on August 12, and the second disc is culled from the rehearsals on August 4th, the date of the opening of the engagement. Both CDs are due for release 'any day now'.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:49 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Looks like some nice holiday gifts are a-comin'!

Recent FTD naysayers should be pleased with this batch.

Wow, this year has been extraordinary. My sincere thanks to all the people involved. Thanks FTD and Sony.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:40 pm

thermoking wrote: Both CDs are due for release 'any day now'.

From what I`ve heard latest FTD cd releases was shipped on monday so dealers should indeed have them 'any day now' :D

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:47 pm

yes looking forward to the new ftds back in memphis looks a winner :D

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:54 pm

steve in SC wrote:I pre-ordered these from Shop Elvis last week and it said these would be shipped on or before 12-14-12. I'm guessing the chances of this happening is zero, correct?

I don't know why anybody bothers ordering FTD's from "Shop Elvis". All we ever read here is that they're 'out of stock', the item is 'not listed', it's more expensive than elsewhere, they take an age delivering them, everyone else gets theirs before. Surely there must be some Elvis outlets stocking these items in the US? They could probably do with your support.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Tony.. wrote:

I don't know why anybody bothers ordering FTD's from "Shop Elvis". All we ever read here is that they're 'out of stock', the item is 'not listed', it's more expensive than elsewhere, they take an age delivering them, everyone else gets theirs before. Surely there must be some Elvis outlets stocking these items in the US? They could probably do with your support.

They are definitely not more expensive than elsewhere. And with a couple of exceptions, every FTD I have ordered from elsewhere has either been counterfeit or had some other issue.

Brian

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:17 pm

bpmod wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Every FTD I have ordered from elsewhere has either been counterfeit or had some other issue.

Brian

??
As long as you buy FTDs from reliable shops like Now dig this or Essential elvis you are safe.....sounds like you have bought from some con people on ebay.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:24 pm

Jamie wrote:I get mine from now dig that

This.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Rich_TCB wrote:If I understand your post correctly . . .

"Audio has been done by Lene Reidel" for the Concert disc.

"Audio done by DHAC at Sony NYC" for the Rehearsal disc.

Is that correct?

What, or who is 'DHAC'??

Hopefully, DHAC doesn't stand for Doesn't Have A Clue. :wink: :)

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:41 am

TCK_KING wrote:
bpmod wrote:Every FTD I have ordered from elsewhere has either been counterfeit or had some other issue.

Brian

??
As long as you buy FTDs from reliable shops like Now dig this or Essential elvis you are safe.....sounds like you have bought from some con people on ebay.

Yes, one con person. Not all of the issues are with the shop, though. I don't need to pay those higher prices and take the extra risk of having them shipped overseas when I can order from ShopElvis.

I guess I didn't state (or even imply) in my earlier post that I have no need to purchase my FTDs anywhere but ShopElvis.

Brian

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:58 pm

bpmod wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

They are definitely not more expensive than elsewhere. And with a couple of exceptions, every FTD I have ordered from elsewhere has either been counterfeit or had some other issue.

Brian

Do they not mention that they are supplying a bootlegged CD-R then when you pay your $40 or whatever it is then?????

Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:09 pm

Tony.. wrote:Do they not mention that they are supplying a bootlegged CD-R then when you pay your $40 or whatever it is then?????

Um... what are you talking about?

Brian

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:37 pm

www.essentialelvis.com in the UK received stock today and will ship tomorrow.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:07 am

Hopefully I will have mine by Elvis' birthday in January! :)

JEFF d
EP fan

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:18 am

Tonight they played a few tracks on Elvis Express Radio

http://www.elvis-express.com/elvisradio_lvisshow.html
Last edited by thermoking on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.