Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Recent Repackagings

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Today in London I saw the 68 Comeback 4CD set in the same size book format as the 50s/60s/70s box set reissues, and the Elvis Is Back 2CD Legacy in a jewel case, so EU friends if you want the original packaging (mini LPs in box and gatefold digipack) looks like they're properly out of print now in Europe. Would be very annoying if anyone's put off getting them and missed out.

Re: Recent Repackagings

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:12 pm

For example, the 68 Comeback special original box can be acquired still from US with great price.
But once it really runs out of print then it gets more difficult to get.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:45 pm

The repackaging of 68 comeback has been marketed as mid price - its a good set if you could not get the first edition that came out - Nothin new on the new packaging I have found - just a slimmer box - this set has the very best songs performed by Elvis during his legendary 68 come back special - When I bought it the first time round I paid over £28.99 .

New repackage ones cost around £17.38 . From Amazon Uk

There was a campaign going on when this was re- released -

its a strategic one to entice fans to get cds who missed them the first time round .

Titles such as - The Complete 50s masters - can be purchased for 12.99 from Amazon Uk , as well as From Nashville To Memphis ( Essential 60s masters ) for £17.05 -all from Amazon Uk .
The Box sets of 50s and 60s masters were expensive when they first came out trading at over £37.99 - £40.00 at some retailers in the past like HMV UK .
The new packaging is more slimmer than the first edition and much cheaper.
Good Luck in ya search from ya retailers on these repackaged items - If you dont own it - Its worth gettn em - and Keepn The Legend Alive -

TCE4Evr .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:51 am

karlos wrote:The repackaging of 68 comeback has been marketed as mid price - its a good set if you could not get the first edition that came out - Nothin new on the new packaging I have found - just a slimmer box - this set has the very best songs performed by Elvis during his legendary 68 come back special - When I bought it the first time round I paid over £28.99 .

its a strategic one to entice fans to get cds who missed them the first time round .

Titles such as - The Complete 50s masters - can be purchased for 12.99 from Amazon Uk , as well as From Nashville To Memphis ( Essential 60s masters ) for £17.05 -all from Amazon Uk .
The Box sets of 50s and 60s masters were expensive when they first came out trading at over £37.99 - £40.00 at some retailers in the past like HMV UK .
Good Luck in ya search from ya retailers on these repackaged items - If you dont own it - Its worth gettn em - and Keepn The Legend Alive -

TCE4Evr .

The new 68 set isn't that one, it's a THIRD variation ! The first was the embossed box with mini LP style inside, the 2nd was normal 'fatbox' jewel case, this 3rd one is the oblong book type format, exactly the same size, style and dimensions as the 60s box you pictured there.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:56 am

King Volcano wrote:
karlos wrote:The repackaging of 68 comeback has been marketed as mid price - its a good set if you could not get the first edition that came out - Nothin new on the new packaging I have found - just a slimmer box - this set has the very best songs performed by Elvis during his legendary 68 come back special - When I bought it the first time round I paid over £28.99 .

TCE4Evr .

The new 68 set isn't that one, it's a THIRD variation ! The first was the embossed box with mini LP style inside, the 2nd was normal 'fatbox' jewel case, this 3rd one is the oblong book type format, exactly the same size, style and dimensions as the 60s box you pictured there.

Yes King Volcano -
This is the new - 3rd variation picture -
depicted here of 68 come back release -
Ty for stating this on this topic - You are right in what you have said -
-TCE4Ever -

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:02 am

karlos wrote:
King Volcano wrote:

TCE4Evr .

Yes King Volcano -
This is the new - 3rd variation picture -
depicted here of 68 come back release -
Ty for stating this on this topic - You are right in what you have said -
-TCE4Ever -

:) It looked like the 2nd edition in your picture. Anyway we all have the 1st one here already I guess, although I think I prefer the 3rd one. The 'mini LP' things are a bit crappy in the 1st one. Nice box though.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:49 am

King Volcano wrote:

TCE4Evr .

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:33 am

The original "deluxe" packaging from 2008 looks very cheap to me, not really deluxe at all. It looks better in the new book-style format.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:55 pm

My recollection of the 2008 version had dialogue edited which is not the case on the recent book version.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:10 am

Is that true? The dialogue on the new box set is unedited?

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Oh, someone who has access to different versions of the box please check if there any edits.
I bought the original Mini LP style deluxe-set last year and at that time there was no sign of any reissue coming out.
Anyways, even if it has some edits, I have the official 3DVD release also which has the full stuff, right?