Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: The Elvis Files 1.1 CD

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:56 am

Last edited by promiseland on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:52 pm

Is this out yet?

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:54 pm

JimmyCool wrote:Is this out yet?

Yes. i got it already a week ago. but mine is still sealed. maybe i will listen to it on the weekend.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:54 am

Hound Dog is from a master tape source...Hmmm...wonder what this master tape source actually is. It would be nice if it were from the original master tape and that the tapes have been found. But then again usually the master was cut from the session reel, so what master tape source did they get their hands on?

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:39 pm

Great CD :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:01 pm

Curtis wrote:http://bootlegs.elvis.com.au/the_elvis_files_cd_1_1.shtml

I have to say the "Kid Galahad" masters never sounded better... I don't know what they did here, but wow!
"Hound Dog" have more hiss and sounds more natural than the master we know, but it lacks some compression (punch, warmth and power) too... sounds good though.
I don't know where did they get these tapes, 'cause this clearly isn't just some knob twitching job.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:04 am

Very good set.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:25 pm

Tim C wrote:Hound Dog is from a master tape source...Hmmm...wonder what this master tape source actually is. It would be nice if it were from the original master tape and that the tapes have been found. But then again usually the master was cut from the session reel, so what master tape source did they get their hands on?

Here we go again.
It IS either the 1956 Rhino CD, or some home computer generated EQ sh*t. I'm so sick of these people claiming they have this Holy Grail Master Take of Hound Dog that beats anything ever released from RCA/BMG/Sony.

I'm sure everyone will start talking about how Great "Hound Dog" sounds on this release.
Point and Fact being: there is NO Master this was sourced from that we don't already have PERIOD.