Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

What do you consider the most beautiful FTD packaging?

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Okay, that probably is the ABFT package. But I was really thrilled to see the design for the new Paradise Road packaging. Big hurray for the designers!

flyer 8.jpg

I think this is one of the most attractive designs in quite a while (when ABFT is not competing). What are your favorite FTD designs from the past 114 FTD releases (vinyl, 7" and 5")?

My top-3 (design wise) would be all vinyls:

1. Jungle Room Sessions

JS.jpg

2. Elvis Is Back

EIB.jpg

3. That's The Way It Is

TTWII.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: What do you consider the most beautiful FTD packaging?

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:57 pm

What is 'ABFT' please?

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Tony.. wrote:What is 'ABFT' please?

A Boy From Tupelo

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:10 pm

Those FTD Lp's look brilliant especiall TTWII.

My personal favourite is the 'Fashion for a king' FTD. The concert years of 1969-77 is my favourite period of Elvis' career so when I received this book and the two live CD's I was delighted with it. The book contains some fantastic pictures of Elvis showcasing is many jumpsuits.

A close second for me would be the awesome on stage FTD. The packaging is great, the booklet and the back cover display some wonderful pictures of Elvis.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:16 pm

48 to Memphis was a nice package but I think the new 2-cd paradise ftd looks fabulous and will top it...

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:18 pm

The Jungle Room Sessions.

It perfectly fit the power of the release for me at the time. No picture of Elvis, looking good or not so good, on the front cover was necessary. The music spoke for itself.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:11 am

King Volcano wrote:The Jungle Room Sessions.

It perfectly fit the power of the release for me at the time. No picture of Elvis, looking good or not so good, on the front cover was necessary. The music spoke for itself.

In my opinion it looks more like a commercial for Graceland than an Elvis record :)

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:16 am

Mike DK wrote:
King Volcano wrote:The Jungle Room Sessions.

In my opinion it looks more like a commercial for Graceland than an Elvis record :)

:smt005 Nah, it's the tackiest downstairs room isn't it, they'd be crazy to use that as an ad. But the colors look good on a CD/record sleeve, probably better there than in a house!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:19 pm

The new 3000 looks good!!!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:59 pm

3000 south looks Stunning ::rocks