Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis The Ultimate Film Collection Question

Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Anybody could do a review about this set? I know topics about this sayd are already on the forum
but i want a insight of it by people who have it to?

Re: Elvis The Ultimate Film Collection Question

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:32 pm

Found this on YT which gives you a good idea of the content.

phpBB [video]

The content:
9 DVDs of Elvis Movies
2 previously unreleased DVDs including Elvis: Black Leather, Movie Music Performances, and Home Movies
Previously unreleased Music Rarities CD with alternate recordings
Exclusive archive material: 2 – 16 page collector booklets with movie facts, trivia, and pictures
Bound script from the movie Jailhouse Rock
Confidential movie files from Col. Parkers archive
Gallery of 8x10 Elvis portraits on glossy heavy stock photo paper
Movie Poster reproductions
Graceland Edition collector’s case

Very short review. The set is beautifully packed. The bonus photos are great and the replica artifacts are pretty interesting and beautifully done. The so-called movie posters are actually very small (about postcard size). The content of the movie discs are same as on stand alone releases. The Movie Songs bonus DVD is the most dissapointing bit. The pic quality is pretty bad (worse than on the actual movie discs) and the bonus songs from TTWII were already seen in the original TTWII. Nice idea but the result sucks. The bonus CD is a nice compilation of alternates takes of movie songs (nothing unreleased there). The Black Leather special edition is very nice and probably the best of the bonus discs and is not available anywhere else. For the price I paid (60 euros) I thought it was a good deal.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:25 pm

I more meant a extended review by fans. I do own this set to. but just like to hear other aspects on it by other fans. But thanks nonetheless ::rocks

Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:12 pm

Does anyone have any more info on this set? Track listing for the "Black Leather" & "Movie Songs" DVD.