More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Top Notch Hollywood : Elvis At Radio Recorders --New Release

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Top Notch Hollywood : Elvis At Radio Recorders Studio

Contains:

- 43 unreleased alternate takes!

- 2 #1 hit recordings

-1957 RCA commercial

All tracks remastered for this cd release.
Including 8 pages booklet with photos and recording information.

Tracklisting :

01 Mean Woman Blues (master) 02 I Beg Of You (take 2, 3, 4, 6 fs only + master) 03 Have I Told You Lately That I Love You (take 1) 04 Blueberry Hill (take 1 & 4) 05 That’s When Your Heartaches Begin (take 7) 06 I Beg Of You (take 7, 9 & 10) 07 It Is No Secret (take 4) 08 Peace In The Valley (take 5, 6, 8 + master) 09 Take My Hand, Precious Lord (master) 10 All Shook Up (master) 11 Blueberry Hill (take 5 + master) 12 Have I Told You Lately That I Love You (take 3, 4 & 5) 13 Is It So Strange (take 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 + master) 14 Blueberry Hill (take 8 ) 15 Have I Told You Lately That I Love You (take 8, 9, 10, 11 & 14) 16 That’s When Your Heartaches Begin (take 8 & 9) 17 That’s When Your Heartaches Begin (take 10 & 11) 18 Have I Told You Lately That I Love You (master) 19 That’s When Your Heartaches Begin (take 12 & 13) 20 It Is No Secret (take 6, 7, 8 + master) 21 It Is No Secret (take 9, 10, 11 & 12)

Bonus tracks:

22 Don’t (master) 23 Lover Doll (LP master) 24 Doncha’ Think It’s Time (LP master) 25 Lover Doll (EP master) 26 Doncha’ Think It’s Time (Single master) 27 Muskrat Ramble (Instrumental) 28 1957 RCA Commercial
Last edited by TCB-FAN on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Top Notch Hollywood : Elvis At Radio Recorders --New Rel

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:42 pm

It has an instrumental of "Muskrat Ramble" ! Woo Hooo ! :smt026 :smt026

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:48 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
Contains:

Before I call it C-R-A-P.....WHAT is unreleased..?

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:51 pm

Nice cover photo, but this seems to have nothing for the deep fan.

They likely grabbed "Muskrat Ramble" (Track L, Take 1 -- instrumental) from this classic bootleg LP:

780000_From The Beach To The Bayou.jpg
From The Beach To The Bayou (Graceland Records LP 101)

Side 1
March 1961 "Blue Hawaii" outtakes
Can't Help Falling In Love (RO takes 13 - 29)
Beach Boy Blues (SO takes 1 - 3)

Side 2
January 1958 "King Creole" acetates + November 1960 "Wild In The Country" alternate
King Creole (E take 3)
King Creole (E take 18)
Crawfish (w/ Kitty White) (F take 7 -- unedited master)
Steadfast, Loyal and True (M take 6) -> "Track G take 14" from "Dixieland Rock" precedes take
As Long As I Have You (N take 4)
As Long As I Have You (N take 8)
As Long As I Have You (N take 8 -- faster pitch) -> "Track C take 5" from "Trouble" precedes take
Lover Doll (H take 7 -- master, without overdubbed backing vocals) -> "Track Q take 8" from "Young Dreams" precedes take
King Creole (EX take 13 -- edited master) -> Guitar solo "flown in" from main title instrumental
King Creole (R take 8 -- main title instrumental, incomplete)
Muskrat Ramble (L take 1 -- instrumental)
Wild In The Country (w/ overdubbed maracas) -> "Take 40" from another session precedes this take ... sourced from RCA LP SF-7752

-----

It's still one of my all-time favorites.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:
Contains:

Before I call it C-R-A-P.....WHAT is unreleased..?

Well, it's obviously a bootleg. Bootleggers love to exaggerate a bit, or maybe they just don't know any better.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:13 am

another one to avoid...still their are nice FTD and Bootlegs releases to look forward too very soon!~ :roll: :wink:

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:25 am

YDKM wrote:another one to avoid...still their are nice FTD and Bootlegs releases to look forward too very soon!~ :roll: :wink:

I'm with you on the FTD's but bootlegs? What's coming out on that front to get all frothy at the mouth about?

norrie

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:37 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Steadfast, Loyal and True (M take 6) -> "Track G take 14" from "Dixieland Rock" precedes take
As Long As I Have You (N take 8 -- faster pitch) -> "Track C take 5" from "Trouble" precedes take
Lover Doll (H take 7 -- master, without overdubbed backing vocals) -> "Track Q take 8" from "Young Dreams" precedes take

It should be made clear that these spurious idents are master take slates and not alternate ones as implied by the poster.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:44 am

elvisalisellers wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Steadfast, Loyal and True (M take 6) -> "Track G take 14" from "Dixieland Rock" precedes take

It should be made clear that these spurious indents are master take slates and not alternate ones as implied by the poster.

"Spurious indents"?

No, I am cluing people into the fact that before you hear the listed song on the LP, one hears a slate for a completely different song from the session. I do not know why they are there.

But as to your rude and unnecessary post. Do you own a copy of the original LP? Because I do and these slates have been there for over 30 years.

So take your garbage and dump it somewhere else. Start being positive on this forum for a change.

Thank you.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:47 am

I'll skip this one.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:52 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:

It should be made clear that these spurious idents are master take slates and not alternate ones as implied by the poster.

"Spurious indents"?

"Spurious" = Not being what it purports to be.

Hope this helps!

P.S. Did you sue the charm school?

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:04 am

norrie wrote:
YDKM wrote:another one to avoid...still their are nice FTD and Bootlegs releases to look forward too very soon!~ :roll: :wink:

I'm with you on the FTD's but bootlegs? What's coming out on that front to get all frothy at the mouth about?

norrie

not allowed to say Norrie...... but more good ones coming in the future!~ :wink: 8) :D

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:44 am

elvisalisellers wrote:Hope this helps!

Most of your posts these days make no sense at all, except to serve as put-downs. Take it elsewhere.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:29 pm

better wait to FTD release this january 57 outtakes and masters in mono and binaural

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:31 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:Hope this helps!

Most of your posts these days make no sense at all, except to serve as put-downs.

So says the biggest wind-up merchant in Internet forum history.

To the point you're still having trouble understanding. Let me break it down:

Your coloured highlighted sections imply that alternate take slates [for 3 apparently long-lost session tracks/tapes] were unearthed for this release, when in fact they were simply the master take slates.

A simple (master) reference next to the take number in your post, would have been sufficient to properly identify the true nature of these slates.

As for your query as to why they are there in the first place; this was done merely to create the [false] illusion that you were getting something different to what you actually got.

Glad to be of assistance.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:21 am

elvisalisellers wrote:Your coloured highlighted sections imply that alternate take slates [for 3 apparently long-lost session tracks/tapes] were unearthed for this release ...

Only for someone who cannot comprehend plain English.

Thanks for stopping by and disrupting a pleasant topic.

Carry on!