Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: New Releases : A Matter Of Duty & Spring Spirit '74

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Who defended the "downhill" shows?

I'm not seeing it.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Defending is the wrong word...forget it..Rob.. :lol: ..Joern, sorry..

Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:54 pm

YDKM wrote:Tony...... here are 2 more releases to AVOID and not buy!!!!!! :? :roll:

Thany you. Yes, you are probably right and I suspect I already have these elsewhere or is it just the same old set / song list yet again?? :mrgreen:

Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:57 pm

jak wrote:Years ago I would be so anxious to get my hands on these releases.I craved everything that came out.Now Im just so burned out on hearing more run of the mill concerts from Elvis.I kinda get bummed out hearing Elvis just going through the motions night after night.I find it rather depressing.I understand those that are completist though.Id just rather listen to shows of higher quality.

That sums it up for me too.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:23 pm

I have listened to my cdr of the Mobile ES from Augsut 29, 1976..
the sound is too bad for releasing it.So yes...there must be a better source..
...if they tried to improve the known source..they shall be damned..
cause this is not doable... :mrgreen:

Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:11 pm

Just heard a sound sample (mp3/56 kB/s) of the old (known) and the new source (it has to be a new, much better source) ... compare it, what a difference!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:08 pm

well if sound will be 'considerably better.... then i won't enjoy hearing Elvis at this show 'better' however even such a 'bad show' as Tuscaloosa 76' sound interesting with a couple of 'highlights' when it is 'excellent soundboard' which i hasten to add THIS IS NOT!~ :|

Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:30 pm

Just read a fan comment that during the evening show "his voice couldn't be better and the show was great"

Always funny when people call the show "horrible" listening to an off line audience tape and somebody in the building that night thought his voice and performance was "great".

"Perception is not reality"?

Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:08 pm

He sounds totally exhausted and high..slurring the words.....
well sitting somewhere in the audience back then
created another type of perception..the reason for
somehow weird newspaper reports talking of good shows.
from these days..hearing them from a tape reveals all the
sadness.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:07 pm

Seems that source is more complete too. On my old cdr Also Sprach Zarathustra is missing if i remember right.
I don´t agree that this show is that bad. This show in Mobile was one of the better performances of the tour. Not really good at the beginning, but after the indroduction Elvis rocks hard when he played guitar and sings That´s All Right and the Myytery Train/Tiger Man Medley...and there´s no "slurring the words".
Typical show for that time......all that "desaster" or horrible" is just not true.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:18 pm

edit......
Last edited by Ciscoking on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Jamba wrote:
Typical show for that time......all that "desaster" or horrible" is just not true.

That`s a contradiction... :wink:

Jamba wrote:Seems that source is more complete too. On my old cdr Also Sprach Zarathustra is missing if i remember right.

I, too think its a new source..the sound isn`t very bad any more....it`s just bad.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:39 pm

put it this way..... the E/S on 29th August was much better than the poor A/S same day.....but still 'NOT GOOD AT ALL' :roll:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:53 pm

YDKM wrote:put it this way..... the E/S on 29th August was much better than the poor A/S same day.....but still 'NOT GOOD AT ALL' :roll:

Agreed... :wink:

Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:15 pm

The sound is good, nothing more nothing less, but far superior to what we had before.
There is sometimes an "overload", but mostly in between songs by female screaming.
They worked hard to get a decent "clean" sound.

I do not think that this show is horrible too, in fact, for the timeframe it's very decent.
"And i love you so" is very well performed, very much in focus.
The ending of CHFIL is also deliverd with power.

Conclusion to me: well worth to have as collector, in fact,dare to say more, i enjoyed it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:48 pm

Let`s put it this way..the day before he only gave an afternoon show..and he had time enough
to recover and rest.. :lol:

Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:51 pm

Listening to some songs from ''A Matter Of Duty'' i must say i dont agree that this is one of the worst concerts.. its a pretty typical august 76 show.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:Listening to some songs from ''A Matter Of Duty'' i must say i dont agree that this is one of the worst concerts.. its a pretty typical august 76 show.

That`s a contradiction par excellence..