Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

From Elvis In Memphis Legacy versus FTD

Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:33 pm

Do I miss versions of tracks in my collection when I only have FEIM FTD and not the Legacy release?

Thanks

Re: From Elvis In Memphis Legacy versus FTD

Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:37 pm

Only a few tracks converted into mono. I didn't buy the Legacy set as we all KNEW that FTD would be doing this album.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:43 pm

As Tony mentioned, see The Original Mono Single Masters...

Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Thanks elvis fan and Tony!
I'm looking forard to the FTD release

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:03 pm

The mono tracks are essential. Any enthusiast of the American Sound recordings needs both releases.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:11 pm

midnightx wrote:The mono tracks are essential. Any enthusiast of the American Sound recordings needs both releases.

?? As the CD reviewer in the latest issue of "ETMAHM" said - 'WITH AGE AND GREY HAIR COMES WISDOM'! :wink:

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:30 pm

midnightx wrote:The mono tracks are essential. Any enthusiast of the American Sound recordings needs both releases.

Completely agree. These dedicated mono mixes are essential listening.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:01 pm

Tony.. wrote:Only a few tracks converted into mono. I didn't buy the Legacy set as we all KNEW that FTD would be doing this album.

"Converted to mono"? The 10 mono single mixes are the original dedicated mixes - and are the versions that charted, which is especially important with regards to Suspicious Minds - which is a different horn performance than the stereo mix, which was not released until the early 80s.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:09 pm

+1

I am an enthusiast!

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:27 pm

I got a CDR of the mono mixes from this re-re-reissue and I already have all the vinyl singles and the LP in mono. Enough is enough in some cases.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:29 pm

Tony.. wrote:I got a CDR of the mono mixes from this re-re-reissue and I already have all the vinyl singles and the LP in mono. Enough is enough in some cases.

So you accept stolen tracks from Sony, and boast about it here? Even Lil Wayne wouldn't do that.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:33 pm

Tony.. wrote:I got a CDR of the mono mixes from this re-re-reissue...

What about this one? >> http://www.amazon.com/Aloha-Hawaii-Sate ... rom+hawaii

Have you got a CDR of it, too?

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:I got a CDR of the mono mixes from this re-re-reissue and I already have all the vinyl singles and the LP in mono. Enough is enough in some cases.

So you accept stolen tracks from Sony, and boast about it here? Even Lil Wayne wouldn't do that.

After buying Elvis' music for 40 years, I'm sure not buying yet another re-issue of the same material for the 29th time would not have harmed the Rolls-Royce driving record company men. And we all notice how few records YOU must have bought through your many years, as you have never posted any in the rare record section. Do you have any Elvis records?!

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:07 pm

Tony.. wrote:After buying Elvis' music for 40 years, I'm sure not buying yet another re-issue of the same material for the 29th time would not have harmed the Rolls-Royce driving record company men.

Way to stick it to the MAN, Tony dot-dot!

Tony.. wrote:And we all notice how few records YOU must have bought through your many years, as you have never posted any in the rare record section. Do you have any Elvis records?!

Maybe one or two. ;-)

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:25 pm

Bootlegs are not counterfeits. Only the latter are "stolen."

There is certain material that will NEVER be officially released, but is in circulation. No harm done. And in some cases, boots have encouraged the label to release stuff they might not have otherwise.

Important distinction.

rjm

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:35 pm

I'll take any FTD Classic album over any Legacy release. Having said that, Legacy is a great way of bringing the highlights of the Presley career to a main stream audience and these are available for such a nice price that I usually buy them without hesitation. The FEIM I bought because it is nice to have all mono masters in one place.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:09 pm

robg wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:After buying Elvis' music for 40 years, I'm sure not buying yet another re-issue of the same material for the 29th time would not have harmed the Rolls-Royce driving record company men.

Way to stick it to the MAN, Tony dot-dot!

Tony.. wrote:And we all notice how few records YOU must have bought through your many years, as you have never posted any in the rare record section. Do you have any Elvis records?!

Maybe one or two. ;-)

Also talking of Stolen music from Sony/FTD etc.. How many bootleg recordings do you own Doc maybe one or two :wink:
let he cast the first stone. :oops:

Plus FREE copies of "A boy from Tupelo" AND the Anita Wood book! :wink:

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:19 am

Is it possible to own the original LP in mono?

Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:19 pm

stevelecher wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Is it possible to own the original LP in mono?

It was released in mono in England. it's folded so it's nothing to write home about.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:35 pm

stevelecher wrote:

Is it possible to own the original LP in mono?

Yes, I have it. At least it doesn't have the bass guitar all by itself in one channel. I find that this is one album that sounds better in mono, although "The Memphis Record" CD / LP sounds wonderful.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:46 am

Tony.. wrote:I find that this is one album that sounds better in mono, although "The Memphis Record" CD / LP sounds wonderful.

Are you saying that "A prince from another planet" STILL does not contain the complete show(s)??!! :shock: