Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Touchdown Releases Midnight Delight & Glitter Of Nightlife

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Midnight Delight

"Midnight Delight" included for the first time the complete midnight show from August 19, 1975 in very good quality! The CD will come as you're used to it by now with a 16-page booklet with lots and lots of rare pictures from Elvis' shortest engagement in Las Vegas.

Tracklisting:

1. See See Rider 3,37 2. Bathroom Story 1,15 3. Blue Suede Shoes 1,13 4. Young And Beautiful 2,08 5. Are You Lonesome Tonight? 3,37 6. If You Love Me Let Me Know 2,52 7. Softly as I Leave You 3,00 8. It´s Now Or Never 2,27 9. Polk Salad Annie 3,47 10. Band Introductions Part One 2,01 11. Johnny B. Goode 1,09 12. Drum Solo 1,32 13. Bass Solo 1,44 14. Piano Solo 1,05 15. Band Introductions Part Two 16. Introduction Of the Righteous Brothers 3,01 17. T-R-O-U-B-L-E (with false start) 3,45 18. Why Me Lord? 2,42 19. Love Me Tender 2,40 20. All Shook Up 1,05 21. Love Me 2,01 22. Hound Dog 2,21 23. My Boy 3,58 24. Elvis Talks To The Audience 0,46 25. Can´t Help Falling In Love 1,57 26. Closing Vamp 1,06

Glitter Of The Nightlife

"Glitter Of The Night Life" will come as a 2 CD set which offers you on the first CD the former unreleased dinner show from August 10, 1973, in very good sound quality!
The second CD includes recordings from August 11 & 19, 1973 in excellent quality. The shows have been released before, but at the wrong speed and in a much inferior sound than you can hear them now.

Tracklisting:

CD 1

1. See See Rider 2. I Got A Woman/Amen 3. Love Me 4. Steamroller Blues 5. You Gave Me A Mountain 6. Trouble 7. Blue Suede Shoes 8. Long Tall Sally/Whole Lotta Shakin´Goin´On/Mama Don´t Dance/Jailhouse Rock/Whole Lotta Shakin´Goin´On 9. Love Me Tender 10. Hound Dog 11. Fever 12. What Now My Love 13. Suspicious Minds 14. Introductions 15. My Boy 16. I Can´t Stop Loving You 17. An American Trilogy 18. Mystery Train/Tiger Man 19. Release Me 20. Teddy Bear/Don´t Be Cruel 21. Can´t Help Falling In Love 22. Closing Vamp 23. Bridge Over Troubled Water - Bonus Track

CD 2

- Tracks 1-17 recorded on August 19,1973 at the Midnight Show. Tracks 18-28 recorded on August 11,1973 at the Midnight Show.

1. Also Sprach Zarathustra 2. See See Rider 3. I Got A Woman/Amen 4. Love Me 5. You Gave Me A Mountain 6. Love Me Tender 7. Blue Suede Shoes 8. Long Tall Sally/Whole Lotta Shakin´Goin´On/Mama Don´t Dance/Flip,Flop & Fly/Whoel Lotta Shakin´Goin´On 9. Fever 10. What Now My Love 11. Suspicious Minds 12. Introductions - incomplete 13. Help Me Make It Through The Night 14. An American Trilogy 15. A BIg Hunk O´Love 16. How Great Thou Art 17. Can´t Help Falling In Love/Closing Vamp 18. See See Rider 19. I Got A Woman/Amen 20. Love Me 21. Steamroller Blues 22. You Gave Me A Mountain 23. Trouble 24. Blue Suede Shoes 25. Long Tall Sally/Whole Lotta Shakin´Goin´On/Mama Don´t Dance/Jailhouse Rock/Whoel Lotta Shakin´Goin´On 26. Love Me Tender 27. Fever 28. Bridge Over Trouble Water (incomplete)

Re: Touchdown Releases Midnight Delight & Glitter Of Nightli

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:53 pm

19.8.75 MS..what was incomplete on the first release Fast Movin..?..Anyone got a clue..?

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/F/fastmovin.htm

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Definitely like to have this one...

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:49 pm

if i get to believe or hear the sound is 'very good' only THEN will i be interested! :roll:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Aneone who can post a sample of the '75 show when released?

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:10 pm

CD 2 looks like a straight copy of Whole Lotta Shakin' In Vegas - Elvis In The Hilton Vol.3 (but it could have been fixed in the speed problems)

Sadly, because there is a complete version of the August 11th, MS in the cd Vegas Showman from the label Stage Entertainment.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:10 am

To sum it up..

August 19, 1975 MS we had here edited:

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/C ... estbox.htm

and here complete

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/F/fastmovin.htm

August 10, 1973 DS is only available on CD-R as yet.

August 11, 1973 MS we had here (Can`t Help Falling in Love is from August 20. 1973 MS,..btw)

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/V ... howman.htm

and here in edited form

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/W ... shakin.htm

August 19, 1973 MS we had here, too.

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/W ... shakin.htm

and here

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/I ... vutime.htm

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 am

... to sum it up: The bootleggers never fixed the speed on the recordings from August 19 and 11 and I don't like to listen to Elvis - Mickey Mouse - Presley, but I think that's just me...

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:51 am

The Touchdown label has proven to be a label worthy of releasing some very nice sounding audience recordings. I'm sure these will be the same.

I'll let you know.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:39 am

Hmm i have done some research on this 'LABEL' they are generally one grade BELOW 'STRAIGHT ARROW' releases in sound quality. i.e. i bought the Atlanta 'stellar in Atlanta 30/6/73 E/S and it wasn't bad as was the 'All in a Blaze ' 12/12/75 show also acceptable but not brilliant.
they also put out summer in sin city 14/8/71 M/S and 23/8/71 D/S....
August re-loaded the rick rennie 21/8/70 D/S.......
tenth of never the D+M/S's from Vegas Dec 10th 1976...
paying the dues in Tahoe...the complete 13/10/74 M/S.....
Memphis Heat the 16/3/74 E/S...
total commitement 24/4/73.....
shreveport 7/6/75 A/S.....
summertime 73 - NASHVILLE A/S ON JULY 1ST 1973.......
night on the town 29/3/75 M/S...NB inferior to the SA release of same show!~
so i am still un -decided about this record of 'quality' it may be better than the CDR's around, but 85% of the time the result is inferior to the SA release and none more so than the shining example of SA 29/3/75 M/S !!!! :| :?

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:36 am

For those who haven't heard what the sound quality is like from the August 19, 1975 MS here's It's Now or Never as heard on the SC/Audionics release Cancelled: The Request Box:

http://www.2shared.com/audio/x9GVAbgw/Its_Now_or_Never.html

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:06 am

Just a side note....there is an excellent sounding cdr making the rounds in collectors circles
in right speed of August 19, 1973 MS..so it wasn`t corrected for the first time..

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:22 am

hmm yes part of these examples of shows has even been 'great' in the past ...another set of new boots with some better sounding stuff....WOULD/WILL be worthwhile purchasing if the sound is decent and i don't have to re-buy stuff i already had in past releases.....(hope i'm NOT sounding too much like Tony here :roll: )
so given that past releases by touchdown(i bought 2 of em') have been like a one grade down from best straight arrow releases...i shall WAIT ,...and wait until enough 'solid' reviews come in of this 'new product' b4 i spend any of my hard earned money!~ :lol:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:33 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Just a side note....there is an excellent sounding cdr making the rounds in collectors circles
in right speed of August 19, 1973 MS..so it wasn`t corrected for the first time..

Collectors want factory pressed CDs and a proper artwork. Everybody else may keep their cd-rs and hard drives.... :roll:

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Bull's-eye!

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:10 am

No thanks! Already have all of this stuff.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:17 pm

YDKM wrote:night on the town 29/3/75 M/S...NB inferior to the SA release of same show!

I guess, it largely depends on the approach you take. The Touchdown version is of inferior sound quality but runs at the correct speed. SA's version does not.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:25 pm

For CD 2 of Glitter Of The Night Life they obviously took this release..
...and corrected the speed....the intros of August 19, 1973 MS are incomplete on both..
Also August 11, 1973 MS ends at the very same point due to space reasons.

http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/i ... shakin.htm

There is another - complete -source which runs too fast and sounds not bad.
Why not use this source..?..Then we had it complete for the first time on silver disc..
Also,..besides this show from August 10, 1973...Touchdown has become a re-release label
in the past..the should try to offer new and interesting material to the fans and not old hats
over again. See Summertime 73, Summer In Sin City, Downtown Long Beach, Payin The Due In L.Tahoe..etc..etc..
It`s a just a finding..they started out fine..and gave us great releases..
Last edited by Ciscoking on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:44 am

Thanks for the info Cisco...VERY interesting indeed!//.... now i reckon i can NOT BUY this release! :?
ah Henryk.....i ALWAYS prefer better sound over 'correct speed' but i wasn't 'aware' that 'Amore Elvis wasn't at correct speed!? :|

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:13 am

YDKM wrote:Thanks for the info Cisco...VERY interesting indeed!//.... now i reckon i can NOT BUY this release! :?
ah Henryk.....i ALWAYS prefer better sound over 'correct speed' but i wasn't 'aware' that 'Amore Elvis wasn't at correct speed!? :|

what i always wondered is, when ur working with a tape of a audience recording that is recorded speeded up, How do they get back to the right speed?, i mean how do they know what the right speed of the show was. thats a question i always have in mind

does anybody know?

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:47 am

Johnny2523 wrote:
YDKM wrote:Thanks for the info Cisco...VERY interesting indeed!//.... now i reckon i can NOT BUY this release! :?

what i always wondered is, when ur working with a tape of a audience recording that is recorded speeded up, How do they get back to the right speed?, i mean how do they know what the right speed of the show was. thats a question i always have in mind

does anybody know?

You can judge by the key a certain song is in... or should be in. That's one way...

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:15 pm

Maybe TOUCHDOWN got their hands on a better source. Not all producers use old cds for their releases. :idea:

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:31 pm

elvis-fan wrote:For those who haven't heard what the sound quality is like from the August 19, 1975 MS here's It's Now or Never as heard on the SC/Audionics release Cancelled: The Request Box:

http://www.2shared.com/audio/x9GVAbgw/Its_Now_or_Never.html

Cancelled The Request Box deserves to be reprint... It sold very quickly and now is already sold out. The same for Good Be Back Again and the TTWII rehearsals. Classical import releases !!

Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:30 am

Cancelled the request box was a very decent release and i don't feel the need for another one thanks!~ :lol:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:25 pm

dougkapp wrote:Cancelled The Request Box deserves to be reprint... It sold very quickly and now is already sold out. The same for Good Be Back Again and the TTWII rehearsals. Classical import releases !!

I have that release and it's great, indeed. Though i have a feeling that the incomplete august 19 1975 M/S on CD1 runs too fast. Elvis sounds like a chipmonk. Though i may be wrong, of course.
What do you think?