Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

HITS OF THE 70´S-FTD EXPANDED FTD EDITION, YES OR NO?.

Poll ended at Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Yes, absolutely.
28%
No, no way.
56%
Yes, but on the Sony main label.
9%
Yes, but as a Fan Club release.
6%

Total votes : 64

HITS OF THE 70´S-FTD EXPANDED FTD EDITION

Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi there :D :D :D.

Let´s start a poll and share your opinion if this release would be necessary or not :wink:. I don´t think so because there are still many original albums to be released under the FTD label :shock:. If they have to release an expanded album release leave it to the main label or fan club. Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.

Last edited by Mike Windgren on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: HITS OF THE 70´S-FTD EXPANDED FTD EDITION

Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:51 pm

I think we need to wait for an official announcement with a tracklist before judging whether we'd buy it or not.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Definitely agree with Matthew on this one.

Who knows so far? But it's an oddball enough choice and Ernst and Roger's track record is strong enough, I think we need to give them the benefit of the doubt and see what this is all about.

Without a doubt oddest choice -- by far -- yet.

But let's wait and see.
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't
... perhaps

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Wasn't this 'just another' compilation at the time?
Just like the Elvis forever series?

This somehow feels out of place for the FTD label..

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:47 pm

I don't like this idea at all. Could be a nice enough listen, I don't know -- but there are other, more important things to release before this dull-looking budget album. Let's deal with the original albums first. For example, I'd much rather have "Speedway" than this (yes, I know outtakes are few, but I want it anyway).

You could say "well if you don't like it don't buy it", and I sure will not, but what bothers me is that time could be running out. How long FTD will be in business? Who knows, a weird boss could pull the plug at any minute. So let's deal with the most relevant releases first please.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:58 pm

If it includes somerhing new (outtakes/mono versions) that we do not already have I will buy it.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:59 pm

why does anyone automatically things when a question is asked that its a cd that is coming out??
I dont see any signs of this cd even being announced on the FTD label... Just wait till FTD announces their new cds not until a fan announces it.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:05 pm

A few months back I transferred my vinyl, so thanks, but no thanks.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:07 pm

This has been reissued as a digi pack [Elvis In The '70s Double CD Set] well its close anyway, similar to the FOREVER series already, i cant see FTD doing this one ......

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:17 pm

I expect it to hold some unused quite some MONO single-versions as well as further outtakes and live versions.Apart from that I play the original vinyl version quite often and more than some of the studio vinyls. There for i will buy it.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Just a thought but I wonder if this is the opportunity to add the full, correct and unedited version of Merry Xmas Baby? I can hear the howls of protest now mind I.e extra money for one track

Cheers jamie

Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:08 pm

I don't understand the negativity. If "Hits of the '70's" is to be re-issued, it will not be at the expense of another classic title.

Some of the albums listed in the other thread have not been issued due to a lack of available outtakes, whilst the others will undoubtedly get the classic album treatment in the near future.

As previously discussed "Hits of the '70's" does present the opportunity for FTD to issue a number of mono single mixes, along with live or alternate takes, so it's not as though they are just going to re-issue 12 masters that are already available elsewhere.

Apart from soundboard recordings, FTD must be running short of new material, and if releases of this kind keep the label in business, then that can't be a bad thing.

Also it's worth noting that the "Elvis in the '70's" CD pictured is a copy of an Australian vinyl album which had a completely different track listing to it's UK counterpart, including live recordings, and album tracks along with the single hits.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm

the problem with doing a poll this early is the simple fact that we have no idea what FTD plans are regarding this release?? I`m reading the latest issue of man & music now amd it simply states "expanded and re-vised version" being worked on, so it`s basically all guesswork at this point? Opinions may change drastically when more information becomes available! Although early to tell, I`m looking forward to it because I think there will be a new slant / twist to this product simply because FTD are behind it, and I have all 117 ftd issues so far (including books) so I am not stopping now :D but that`s another story, cheers!!

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:what bothers me is that time could be running out. How long FTD will be in business? Who knows, a weird boss could pull the plug at any minute. So let's deal with the most relevant releases first please.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Agree on this....funny thing is that Ernst talks about this matter in last issue of norwegian fan club
magazine flaming star that subcribers got last week.
A 8-9 page interview with the FTD boss.
In short Ernst are well aware of this and therefore the remaining Classic releases have high priority.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:16 pm

And for the next ftd releases I vote for: Love songs, Great country songs, 30 nr hits, the best of gospel, second to none, the live greatest hits, elvis sings for children. And who doesn't want an ftd edition of "elvis forever".

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:27 pm

Keith Richards, Jr.[/quote]

Agree on this....funny thing is that Ernst talks about this matter in last issue of norwegian fan club
magazine flaming star that subcribers got last week.
A 8-9 page interview with the FTD boss.
In short Ernst are well aware of this and therefore the remaining Classic releases have high priority.[/quote]

sure would like to read this 9-pages :-D

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:50 am

If they release this, I will buy it, as I am a completist. But with my limited resources, I would rather have releases that that are more fitting in with the FTD mandate.

Brian

Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:53 am

bpmod wrote:If they release this, I will buy it, as I am a completist. But with my limited resources, I would rather have releases that that are more fitting in with the FTD mandate.

Yeah, that's my position too.
Not voting until we see a track list, if it happens.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:52 am

I'll buy it if the original mono mixes are included.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:08 am

I voted yes. But whether or not I actually buy this release (if it happens) will depend on the particulars.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:31 am

Matthew wrote:I think we need to wait for an official announcement with a tracklist before judging whether we'd buy it or not.

+1

Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:41 am

rockinrebel wrote:...it's not as though they are just going to re-issue 12 masters that are already available elsewhere.

No, you actually got 48 masters that are already available elsewhere plus one "erroneous" bonus track.

Lucky you!

Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:46 am

JerryNodak wrote:I voted yes. But whether or not I actually buy this release (if it happens) will depend on the particulars.

Just out of interest, what "particulars" would have precluded you from purchasing FTD's Hits Of The 70's, "JerryNodak"?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:47 pm

JerryNodak wrote:I voted yes. But whether or not I actually buy this release (if it happens) will depend on the particulars.

elvisalisellers wrote:Just out of interest, what "particulars" would have precluded you from purchasing FTD's Hits Of The 70's, "JerryNodak"?

"Jerry," where are you?!

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Firstly, I wanted to see a complete track list. I'm satisfied with that overall. Although I am somewhat upset that the wrong version of My Way is included. I do have the correct version elsewhere so this is no deal breaker.
Secondly, I was hoping that we would get the mono mixes of the songs that were mono on the original LP. At first, I thought the absence of those would be a deal breaker for me, but then I reconsidered when I saw the final track list. The absence of mono mixes wasn't worth depriving myself of having the A/B sides of these '70's hits together in an affordable collection.
Now, I must wait to see what Elvis goodies I receive for Christmas.