Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Sweat Or Tears ?

Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:34 am

I was watching the "AFH" rehearsal on my newly bought HD Telley, and I noticed what appears to be tears rolling down Elvis' face from his left eye during "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry". What I would like to know if those were actually tears...after all, he did mention how sad the song really is.

BTW, the new telley is a 60" Sony Bravia. Awesome color & detail when fine tuned. :smt023 :smt023

Re: Sweat Or Tears ?

Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:50 am

Maybe it's blood?

Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:54 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Maybe it's blood?

Excess amount of quaaludes mixed with gatorade can produce clear, red-less blood as a side-effect. You could be onto something.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:12 am

TCB-FAN wrote:

Excess amount of quaaludes mixed with gatorade can produce clear, red-less blood as a side-effect. You could be onto something.

Maybe it's a combination of all three.

Blood, Sweat & Tears
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood,_Sweat_&_Tears

Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:15 am

TCB-FAN wrote:

i didnt knew elvis drinked red gatorade, i only saw him drink yellow gatorade!. you know, its suppose to eat your gator

Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:35 am

No tears....just Sweat....nothing to be worried about I`m sure :smt006

Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:06 am

Eat your gator?

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:23 am

It wasn't blood or drug side effects. It wasn't tears,. It was sweat. The camera lights were really hot on him as they were close by and they were causing him to sweat more than usual. As for the Gatorade. Elvis was drinking water during the two shows. I don't even think he drank Gatorade anymore during concerts after 1970. I know by 1975 he would drink Coco Cola during concerts.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:46 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:It wasn't blood or drug side effects. It wasn't tears,. It was sweat. The camera lights were really hot on him as they were close by and they were causing him to sweat more than usual. As for the Gatorade. Elvis was drinking water during the two shows. I don't even think he drank Gatorade anymore during concerts after 1970. I know by 1975 he would drink Coco Cola during concerts.

What? Elvis was a Pepsi guy. Would explain all that burping on stage though. I always wondered why he used those cheap Coke paper cups on stage in the final years. I know they were cutting costs but jeez, I can't believe they couldn't afford regular glasses.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:14 am

Perspiration caused by the hot stage lights...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:59 am

I thought it was aid your gator

Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:59 pm

Wiebe wrote:I thought it was aid your gator

It was...I think the poster just miss heard it.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:26 pm

SuspiciousMind wrote:It wasn't blood or drug side effects. It wasn't tears,. It was sweat. The camera lights were really hot on him as they were close by and they were causing him to sweat more than usual. As for the Gatorade. Elvis was drinking water during the two shows. I don't even think he drank Gatorade anymore during concerts after 1970. I know by 1975 he would drink Coco Cola during concerts.

I don't think he was drinking Coke on stage, they were just using the Coke paper cups from the venue for his beloved Mountain Valley Water. There is where the Colonel really missed the boat. Elvis could have been paid for product endorsement for Mountain Valley Water and Gatorade. He could have drank Gatorade from the big orange tank in Gatorade paper cups like you see in football games and he could have drank the Mountain Valley Water straight from the bottle! He should have been paid by Coke for using their paper cups! The Colonel had no vision anymore; "My boy ain't drinking out of your cups unless you pay us $1 million!"

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:42 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:I don't even think he drank Gatorade anymore during concerts after 1970. I know by 1975 he would drink Coco Cola during concerts.

Think again.

Click 1975 photo >> http://beta.photobucket.com/images/ELVIS+GATORADE/

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:54 am

Well, it is true that he didn't drink Coke during concerts in 1975.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:36 am

:mrgreen:

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:19 pm

Gotta give it up for the King again. It was most definitely sweat, but strategically-timed sweat. We should all have such control over our glands.