Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:11 am

Is the excerpt of "America" found at the end of the FTD "The Jungle Room Sessions" on the "From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee" FTD?

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:34 am

Daryl wrote:Is the excerpt of "America" found at the end of the FTD "The Jungle Room Sessions" on the "From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee" FTD?


No. Apparently, it will be on Moody Blue.

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:23 am

Ken Jensen wrote:
Daryl wrote:Is the excerpt of "America" found at the end of the FTD "The Jungle Room Sessions" on the "From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee" FTD?


No. Apparently, it will be on Moody Blue.


No offense, Ken, but why on earth would it / should it be included on "Moody Blue." It should have been included on "From EP Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee," if only because the song was recorded in anticipation of the 1976 bicentennial (July 4, 1776 - July 4, 1976). Last time I checked, "From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee" came out in May, 1976, "Moody Blue" came out in July, 1977.

Daryl

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:25 am

Folks, don't go throwing away those "The Jungle Room Sessions" CDs quite yet.

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:25 am

Could it be that it is not labeled on this album like on the Jungle room?

Burning Love

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:01 am

wonder why E had it erased?

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:03 am

Daryl wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:
Daryl wrote:Is the excerpt of "America" found at the end of the FTD "The Jungle Room Sessions" on the "From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee" FTD?


No. Apparently, it will be on Moody Blue.


No offense, Ken, but why on earth would it / should it be included on "Moody Blue."

If correct, it's probably because of either:

a) an official release of "America The Beautiful" by Elvis found its way onto a 1977 single, as the B-side to "My Way"
http://www.elvisrecords.us/my-way-america/

b) space considerations

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:07 am

Or maybe, just maybe someone found an entire take of it and it's going to be released. It's unlikely, of course, but you never know.

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:10 am

If someone found the entire take would not the best place to release it be on the FTD fro the epb sessions?

Burning Love

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:10 am

billyblues wrote:Or maybe, just maybe someone found an entire take of it and it's going to be released. It's unlikely, of course, but you never know.

Heck, let's take fantasy one step further.

FTD found the complete "Feelings" and "America The Beautiful" reels in a box of old dresses once owned by Mary Jarvis, and it will be unleashed on the FTD edition of Moody Blue.

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:31 am

Yes!

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:31 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
billyblues wrote:Or maybe, just maybe someone found an entire take of it and it's going to be released. It's unlikely, of course, but you never know.

Heck, let's take fantasy one step further.

FTD found the complete "Feelings" and "America The Beautiful" reels in a box of old dresses once owned by Mary Jarvis, and it will be unleashed on the FTD edition of Moody Blue.


Doc.....I know you are holding back.....but since that box was discovered we now know that Mary did not really burn the x-rated version of "Hurt" and that vocals were completed for "There's A Fire Down Below".

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Deke Rivers II wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
billyblues wrote:Or maybe, just maybe someone found an entire take of it and it's going to be released. It's unlikely, of course, but you never know.

Heck, let's take fantasy one step further.

FTD found the complete "Feelings" and "America The Beautiful" reels in a box of old dresses once owned by Mary Jarvis, and it will be unleashed on the FTD edition of Moody Blue.


Doc.....I know you are holding back.....but since that box was discovered we now know that Mary did not really burn the x-rated version of "Hurt" and that vocals were completed for "There's A Fire Down Below".


Well, and they found complete takes of at least 3 Platters songs too?

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:57 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Daryl wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:
Daryl wrote:Is the excerpt of "America" found at the end of the FTD "The Jungle Room Sessions" on the "From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee" FTD?


No. Apparently, it will be on Moody Blue.


No offense, Ken, but why on earth would it / should it be included on "Moody Blue."

If correct, it's probably because of either:

a) an official release of "America The Beautiful" by Elvis found its way onto a 1977 single, as the B-side to "My Way"
http://www.elvisrecords.us/my-way-america/

b) space considerations


Or:

c) It was recorded after "Moody Blue" or "She Thinks I Still Care" (it was recorded the same day)

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:29 pm

It was recorded right before take 1 of Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:21 am

Steamstan wrote:It was recorded right before take 1 of Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain


In that case, the excerpt should have been on Boulevard.

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:40 am

I remember that thing like this happened before: on early 5'' Easter Special there was I Got A Feelin' In My Body (Takes 6, 7), while later on Good Times take 6 was omitted. Fortunately it was just a short false start, so people don't need to buy a poor (comparing to today's FTD's) release just to have this particular part of recording. According to this I hope that March Of Dimes will be released on Elvis' Christmas Album along with 57 sessions that weren't on Loving You and 50000000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong, but were used on bonus disc to FTD book Flashback.

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:47 am

The worry over a ten-second session scrap still available on FTD's The Jungle Room Sessions is emblematic of the perhaps too-hardcore view of certain Elvis Presley collectors.

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:48 am

I don't understand the obsession with this short snippet of a song that thankfully did not survive as a master recording. And as pointed out, it is still in print on a FTD release, so no reason for anyone to get so wound up about it.

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:50 am

What about the potential recording of "Feelings" from these sessions? That always winds me up.

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:51 am

I don't know why FTD continues to hoard that gem, along with all The Platters' covers.

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:51 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:The worry over a ten-second session scrap still available on FTD's The Jungle Room Sessions is emblematic of the perhaps too-hardcore view of certain Elvis Presley collectors.

Or is it just a case of people with a little too much time on their hands...

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:25 am

I am eager to hear the composite take of "Hurt".

Anyone ?

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:52 am

If only the master tape for "Hurt 69" survived....maybe FTD could have included it.

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee FTD

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:55 am

midnightx wrote:If only the master tape for "Hurt 69" survived....maybe FTD could have included it.


"Hurt 69" ?

Makes me a lil ... where's my wife ... oh wifey ....