Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Sit Down Shows - Audience Size

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:01 pm

Since receiving the UK pressed '68 Special A5 booksized box set (which I suspect does not contain the edits as it's 40th anniversary ccounterpart but I am yet to make a comparison to verify) I have become totally obsessed with playing these gigs really loud (and I have had no rejection from my neighbours or fellow Pacific Highway users), particularly after the recent thread about EP's guitar playing skills - and let me remind you we have two full playing live CDs of Elvis carrying almost all of entire set on rhythm and what is ultimately lead guitar. I am totally engaged again with these performances, and thrilled with Elvis' guitar playing particularly in Baby What You Want Me To Do but other songs too like Blue Suede Shoes, One Night, Blue Christmas, Love Me, Blue Christmas, & Tiger Man.
But one thing I dont have is a sense for is the size of the audience for both sitdown shows. I gather the sitdown shows, perhaps the first first one being smaller than the second, & based on the 'screams', are only 30 or so people, or was the audience as large as the shorter stand up shows?

Re: The Sit Down Shows - Audience Size

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:03 pm

The NBC studios werent big so the audience would have been maybe a hundred.

Re: The Sit Down Shows - Audience Size

Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:59 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:Since receiving the UK pressed '68 Special A5 booksized box set (which I suspect does not contain the edits as it's 40th anniversary ccounterpart but I am yet to make a comparison to verify) I have become totally obsessed with playing these gigs really loud (and I have had no rejection from my neighbours or fellow Pacific Highway users), particularly after the recent thread about EP's guitar playing skills - and let me remind you we have two full playing live CDs of Elvis carrying almost all of entire set on rhythm and what is ultimately lead guitar. I am totally engaged again with these performances, and thrilled with Elvis' guitar playing particularly in Baby What You Want Me To Do but other songs too like Blue Suede Shoes, One Night, Blue Christmas, Love Me, Blue Christmas, & Tiger Man.
But one thing I dont have is a sense for is the size of the audience for both sitdown shows. I gather the sitdown shows, perhaps the first first one being smaller than the second, & based on the 'screams', are only 30 or so people, or was the audience as large as the shorter stand up shows?

..............................................................................................................
..Ty For This Jim - I too love this era in Elvis Career -
This Is Good Thread - Really Enjoyable To Read -
Great Songs And Music Thru out And Audience Banter - Keep Rockin - Enjoy Ya Elvis Cds As I d
o -
::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.