Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Have you bought HITS OF THE 70's?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:46 am

JerryNodak wrote:Fine. I'll go for an expanded Sony retail reissue of "Pure Gold" as long as I get something. Oh and Roger, if you read this, thanks again for "Hits Of The '70's" on FTD.

Yes, thank you Roger - finally FTD put out a decent release!

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:47 am

Decent is, as decent does. Who knows I may have to back up and buy "Promised Land" so I could have the original album decoupled from that horrid Promised Land/Good Times sort of twofer release back when? 2000?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Matthew wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:Fine. I'll go for an expanded Sony retail reissue of "Pure Gold" as long as I get something. Oh and Roger, if you read this, thanks again for "Hits Of The '70's" on FTD.

Does this mean you don't like hearing any previously unreleased or collectors' material which is what the FTD label is for??? :wtf:

Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:50 pm

Tony, Tony, Tony....

Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:20 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Matthew wrote:

Does this mean you don't like hearing any previously unreleased or collectors' material which is what the FTD label is for??? :wtf:

:facep: Tony.., Tony.., Tony..,
If Matthew had added " :wink: " to his post, would it have helped you understand?

p.s. - I want a new, expanded retail release of Pure Gold, and I want it NOW!!!!

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:50 am

No, I did not buy "Hits of the '70's". But I would buy "Pure Gold" if it was reissued with the tracks just as they were on vinyl, no bonus tracks, and I would pay $ 29.99 for it. Now you know I'm kidding right? LOL :smt006

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:45 am

When I want to show someone what FTD is all about, I point them to Hits Of The 70s.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:23 am

I bought it on vinyl and FTD CD. The record is better for the mono mixes, but it is a decent CD as well. I don't like FTD doing these type of packages, but I am a collector of the label and except for CD's found earlier in books, I buy all the records, CD's, and books.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:33 am

Mike Eder wrote: I don't like FTD doing these type of packages, but I am a collector of the label and except for CD's found earlier in books, I buy all the records, CD's, and books.

That's what they're banking (!) on with flagship releases like this. They must release more!

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:37 am

Yeah I know it is and I don't feel great about that at all, but I can't say it's bad, just not what FTD should become. I may have to alter my buying habits if it becomes a regular thing.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Matthew wrote:When I want to show someone what FTD is all about, I point them to Hits Of The 70s.

Quit it.

You're confusing Tony.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Blue River wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
Matthew wrote:

:facep: Tony.., Tony.., Tony..,
If Matthew had added " :wink: " to his post, would it have helped you understand?

p.s. - I want a new, expanded retail release of Pure Gold, and I want it NOW!!!!

DOH. I get it now. It's Matthew, but he's changed his avatar. This new layout on this site is not helping either.... :twisted:

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:38 pm

I have not and will not be buying this one.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:32 am

I have bought it and I like this FTD CD release :D

:mrgreen: