Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Have you bought HITS OF THE 70's?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:46 am

JerryNodak wrote:Fine. I'll go for an expanded Sony retail reissue of "Pure Gold" as long as I get something. Oh and Roger, if you read this, thanks again for "Hits Of The '70's" on FTD.

Yes, thank you Roger - finally FTD put out a decent release!

Re: Have you bought HITS OF THE 70's?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:47 am

Decent is, as decent does. Who knows I may have to back up and buy "Promised Land" so I could have the original album decoupled from that horrid Promised Land/Good Times sort of twofer release back when? 2000?

Re: Have you bought HITS OF THE 70's?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Matthew wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:Fine. I'll go for an expanded Sony retail reissue of "Pure Gold" as long as I get something. Oh and Roger, if you read this, thanks again for "Hits Of The '70's" on FTD.

Yes, thank you Roger - finally FTD put out a decent release!


Does this mean you don't like hearing any previously unreleased or collectors' material which is what the FTD label is for??? :wtf:

Re: Have you bought HITS OF THE 70's?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:50 pm

Tony, Tony, Tony....

Re: Have you bought HITS OF THE 70's?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:20 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Matthew wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:Fine. I'll go for an expanded Sony retail reissue of "Pure Gold" as long as I get something. Oh and Roger, if you read this, thanks again for "Hits Of The '70's" on FTD.

Yes, thank you Roger - finally FTD put out a decent release!

Does this mean you don't like hearing any previously unreleased or collectors' material which is what the FTD label is for??? :wtf:

:facep: Tony.., Tony.., Tony..,
If Matthew had added " :wink: " to his post, would it have helped you understand?

p.s. - I want a new, expanded retail release of Pure Gold, and I want it NOW!!!!

Re: Have you bought HITS OF THE 70's?

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:50 am

No, I did not buy "Hits of the '70's". But I would buy "Pure Gold" if it was reissued with the tracks just as they were on vinyl, no bonus tracks, and I would pay $ 29.99 for it. Now you know I'm kidding right? LOL :smt006

Re: Have you bought HITS OF THE 70's?

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:45 am

When I want to show someone what FTD is all about, I point them to Hits Of The 70s.

Re: Have you bought HITS OF THE 70's?

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:23 am

I bought it on vinyl and FTD CD. The record is better for the mono mixes, but it is a decent CD as well. I don't like FTD doing these type of packages, but I am a collector of the label and except for CD's found earlier in books, I buy all the records, CD's, and books.

Re: Have you bought HITS OF THE 70's?

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:33 am

Mike Eder wrote: I don't like FTD doing these type of packages, but I am a collector of the label and except for CD's found earlier in books, I buy all the records, CD's, and books.

That's what they're banking (!) on with flagship releases like this. They must release more!

Re: Have you bought HITS OF THE 70's?

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:37 am

Yeah I know it is and I don't feel great about that at all, but I can't say it's bad, just not what FTD should become. I may have to alter my buying habits if it becomes a regular thing.

Re: Have you bought HITS OF THE 70's?

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Matthew wrote:When I want to show someone what FTD is all about, I point them to Hits Of The 70s.

Quit it.

You're confusing Tony.

Re: Have you bought HITS OF THE 70's?

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Blue River wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
Matthew wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:Fine. I'll go for an expanded Sony retail reissue of "Pure Gold" as long as I get something. Oh and Roger, if you read this, thanks again for "Hits Of The '70's" on FTD.

Yes, thank you Roger - finally FTD put out a decent release!

Does this mean you don't like hearing any previously unreleased or collectors' material which is what the FTD label is for??? :wtf:

:facep: Tony.., Tony.., Tony..,
If Matthew had added " :wink: " to his post, would it have helped you understand?

p.s. - I want a new, expanded retail release of Pure Gold, and I want it NOW!!!!



DOH. I get it now. It's Matthew, but he's changed his avatar. This new layout on this site is not helping either.... :twisted:

Re: Have you bought HITS OF THE 70's?

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:38 pm

I have not and will not be buying this one.

Re: Have you bought HITS OF THE 70's?

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:32 am

I have bought it and I like this FTD CD release :D


:mrgreen: