Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Have you bought HITS OF THE 70's?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:34 pm

The possibility of FTD issuing further such compilations will depend on how many copies that are actually sold. Did you buy the HITS OF THE 70;s release or are you going to be buying it for completist reasons.
Can't see me buying it.

Re: Have you bought HITS OF THE 70's?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:00 pm

Yes, I've bought it - hasn't arrived yet though.
I have all the FTD releases so it would be a shame to have one missing from the collection.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:04 pm

NO I didnt buy it

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:08 pm

A BIG YES!! and looking forward to receiving it from one of the best suppliers out there - THE ELVIS SHOP LONDON!! as well as the new country vinyl and FEPBMT. On a humorous note I`m just wondering if this post should have been titled, "Who will still buy hits of the 70`s after posting numerous negative comments about it`s release??" On second thought, maybe this isn`t humorous but TRUE :shock: :shock:

I have every FTD release since it began in 1999 including all books and vinyl and when I retire it will truly be Elvis heaven for me!! :D bragging here just a little, oh well, enjoy the music my friends

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:09 pm

No and I will not buy it for obvious reasons. I am not a completist nor a fool.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:13 pm

No way, it's bad joke from FTD.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:16 pm

I did not buy it (although I do own all the other FTD CDs).

Do I regret not having bought it? Not really. A complete FTD collection be damned.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:21 pm

Nope didnt buy it, I bought From EP Blv FTD plus the Prince From Another Planet Deluxe set, in total for only 40 euro's at Elvismatters,
I didnt need the Hits Of The 70's. If i wanna listen to that i just combine the tracklisting from the complete masters set.

and who can disagree if u can have a 2 CD Set plus DVD with UNRELEASED footage and a new FTD from Jungle room Sessions... Or u can buy the last one with hits of the 70s that u can compile urself...

I Agree with the others, Hits of the 70s FTD is just a bad joke..

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Alexander wrote:No and I will not buy it for obvious reasons. I am not a completist nor a fool.

I just love that song "fools rush in..." but if someone bought it for you for Christmas would you accept it and add it to your collection, personaly I think you would listen to it also and probably crank it up!! :lol:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:24 pm

sweetangeline wrote:A BIG YES!! and looking forward to receiving it from one of the best suppliers out there - THE ELVIS SHOP LONDON!! as well as the new country vinyl and FEPBMT. On a humorous note I`m just wondering if this post should have been titled, "Who will still buy hits of the 70`s after posting numerous negative comments about it`s release??" On second thought, maybe this isn`t humorous but TRUE :shock: :shock:

I have every FTD release since it began in 1999 including all books and vinyl and when I retire it will truly be Elvis heaven for me!! :D bragging here just a little, oh well, enjoy the music my friends

hey elvis heaven would be could if everyone bought the ftds, Wait till there retirement and then start listening to them all then u can happily go to heaven right? lol, altough its really hard not to listen to them haha

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:25 pm

sweetangeline wrote:
Alexander wrote:No and I will not buy it for obvious reasons. I am not a completist nor a fool.

I just love that song "fools rush in..." but if someone bought it for you for Christmas would you accept it and add it to your collection, personaly I think you would listen to it also and probably crank it up!! :lol:

nah for christmas gifts, i just ask for August '72 FTD lol atleast thats something to listen to more then once, If i would get the hits of the 70s FTD i would ask can i trade this lol

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:31 pm

Dam you Ernst :x :x capture and whip him and hang him on the cross!! How dare you destroy the greatest thing that`s ever happened in the Elvis world?? :x I can`t take it anymore :smt018 lol :smt003 :smt003 relax folks December is just around the corner

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:37 pm

I will say one thing sweetangeline you do bring a smile to my face, oops sorry got caught up in the moment :oops:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:45 pm

I bought it. However, if this is the direction FTD is heading, my days of collecting every release will come to an end.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:45 pm

Hey your signature says Ernst pays for rare stuff in big BUGS!! :D

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:56 pm

No, waiting for December releases

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:18 pm

I bought it. Mainly for nostalgia reasons, same reason I bought the disappointing boot version.

I didn't buy TCM, I figure this is one way I'll collect the upgraded masters.

Geoff
Last edited by tupelo_boy on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:31 pm

Yes,but only because it was one of my favorite LPs when i was a kid

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:32 pm

No way. Last FTD I bought was the Jailhouse Rock. A complete FTD collection is meaningless compared to a complete Elvis record collection up through 1977.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:47 pm

r&b wrote:No way. Last FTD I bought was the Jailhouse Rock. A complete FTD collection is meaningless compared to a complete Elvis record collection up through 1977.

:shock: meaningless :shock: your missing some mighty good gems then , but hey to each his own :D

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:55 pm

No, I haven't bought it yet, but I will if I don't recieve it as a Christmas gift.
No, I don't have a problem waiting that long. No, I'm not a completist.
Yes, I would welcome other compilations such as this.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:02 pm

sweetangeline wrote:
r&b wrote:No way. Last FTD I bought was the Jailhouse Rock. A complete FTD collection is meaningless compared to a complete Elvis record collection up through 1977.

:shock: meaningless :shock: your missing some mighty good gems then , but hey to each his own :D

Correct to each is own. I do not like sounboards and dont care much for Elvis concerts after 1970. I dont care much about outtakes so having the original albums on CD is fine enough for me. For me an outtake is a song that Elvis rejected. While it is fun to listen ot once, I dont feel it is something I want to pay big money for.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:07 pm

r&b wrote:For me an outtake is a song that Elvis rejected.

For me, and I'm betting most, an outtake is a song in the making.

And worth the price of admission.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Didnt buy it.....woluldnt if I got it for half prize either.
Would like to see the booklet sometime though.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Rob wrote:
r&b wrote:For me an outtake is a song that Elvis rejected.

For me, and I'm betting most, an outtake is a song in the making.

And worth the price of admission.

If thats how you feel about an outtake and The Hits of the 70's contains no outtakes, why did you buy it then? Just curious to know what makes some fans buy the same songs over & over again in different packages. This is a strategy FTD obviously has figured out