Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Is that Jane Pauley at That´s the Way it is openingscene

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:44 am

Just by accident i saw this. At a certain scene of the movie Elvis That´s the way it is SE there is a camerashot of some women
in the audience and one of them - last one - looks very much like Jane Pauley from NBC´s Today Show.

Re: Is that Jane Pauley at That´s the Way it is openingscene

Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:46 am

moffringa wrote:Just by accident i saw this. At a certain scene of the movie Elvis That´s the way it is SE there is a camerashot of some women
in the audience and one of them - last one - looks very much like Jane Pauley from NBC´s Today Show.

She was born on October 31, 1950... so I seriously doubt it.

In other words - No, that ain't her!
Last edited by Blue River on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:56 am

Blue River wrote:
moffringa wrote:Just by accident i saw this. At a certain scene of the movie Elvis That´s the way it is SE there is a camerashot of some women

Who knows? I saw a girl one of these days I could swear she had something like 20 and she was only 13 LOL......... :o

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:17 am

The middle girl looks like Jennifer love hewitt does now.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:34 am

Jane Pauley was 19 in 1970. I highly doubt that was her in the photo.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:51 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Jane Pauley was 19 in 1970. I highly doubt that was her in the photo.

Really?! :?

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Jane Pauley wasn't even 20 years old yet. I seriously doubt that it is her.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:02 pm

It's not Jane Pauley. But she sure looks happy!

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:28 pm

It's funny because my Aunt wanted to argue that Hillary Swank was at Roy Orbison, Black and White Night in 1987-88. Swank would have been very young at the time. My Aunt wouldn't listen to reason and was still convinced it was her. I think Swank was like 16 in 1994 when she did Karate Kid, so I knew it was impossible for Swank to be drinking wine at a Orbison concert - but what are you going to do?

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:17 pm

Personally, i like to make up Roy Orbison 1976 setlists while showering.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:23 am

Rob wrote:Personally, i like to make up Roy Orbison 1976 setlists while showering.

Just make sure you use waterproof paper & ink.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:50 am

Rob wrote:Personally, i like to make up Roy Orbison 1976 setlists while showering.

Only the Lonley
Dream Baby
It's Over
Hound Dog Man
In Dreams
Crying
Pretty Woman

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:41 pm

fg76 wrote:It's funny because my Aunt wanted to argue that Hillary Swank was at Roy Orbison, Black and White Night in 1987-88. Swank would have been very young at the time. My Aunt wouldn't listen to reason and was still convinced it was her. I think Swank was like 16 in 1994 when she did Karate Kid, so I knew it was impossible for Swank to be drinking wine at a Orbison concert - but what are you going to do?

Swank was born on July 30, 1974 which would make her 19 years old at the time she filmed her role for "The Next Karate Kid."

The Orbison concert was filmed on September 30, 1987. Swank was 13, and would have required enormous connections to get into the Ambassador Hotel's Cocoanut Grove nightclub for this event. And, in fact, she and her mom did not even move from her hometown of Bellingham, Washington until she was 15.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:51 pm

fg76 wrote:

Only the Lonley
Dream Baby
It's Over
Hound Dog Man
In Dreams
Crying
Pretty Woman

Hopefully this thread can reach 2 or 3 pages. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:54 pm

I still don't think it's Jane Pauley regardless of what Blue River says.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:10 am

Rob wrote:I still don't think it's Jane Pauley regardless of what Blue River says.

Heck, now you've got me second guessing myself! :? Page two should be right around the corner...

Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:47 am

Age wise, of course it could be her!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:53 am

ian, have you noticed how the woman on the far left looks exactly like Jackie Kennedy Onassis?!