Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Sep. 12 rerelease of Blue Hawaii DVD

Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:40 pm

Amazon USA has Blue Hawaii DVD listed as a rerelease for Sep. 12, 2017 on Paramount. The one I have is from 2000, which was the last time released I believe. Wondering what they are doing. Will this be the same exact thing or will it be an improvement? And no Blu-ray. How disappointing. :(

Re: Sep. 12 rerelease of Blue Hawaii DVD

Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:49 pm

Probably exactly the same, and very disappointing. But par for the course for a Paramount film, sadly.

Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:09 pm

...might be a 56th anniversary major box set for all we know :wink:

Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:13 pm

sweetangeline wrote:...might be a 56th anniversary major box set for all we know :wink:

I'd rather have the EOT 45th Box set.A nice Blu-ray Hawaii would be enough for me.

Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:40 pm

Something is putting a spanner in the works preventing Blu ray releases.

Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:56 pm

GERRY wrote:Something is putting a spanner in the works preventing Blu ray releases.

As I have said many times, Paramount do not look after their back catalogue well. They have released the smallest amount of their classic films on blu ray of all the major studios.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:20 am

Silly, to not release it on BluRay atleast.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:55 pm

looks like many others being released as well;

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_ ... 2650303011

Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:03 pm

It's worth noting that the DVD rights for these films have now switched back to Paramount after being with WB for several years - hence the reason for the re-release, no doubt.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:21 pm

This is indeed very disappointing. They are re-released by Paramount, which means we can forget about a Blu-ray.
Moreover I'm not sure that if they came out on Blu-ray in the future, they would be Region free. The Elvis' movies on Blu-ray by Warner were Region free. So, that's double disappointing.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:53 pm

Technology has improved if you had a genuine blu ray that would look great on 4k tv.

But I would like genuine 4k scan from the original negatives with full Multi Channel High Definition HDMA Sound. Not rubbish suround sound im on about MultiChannel.

Then you should be able to isolate Elvis voice or set your own mixes up too.

Plus the 4k picture played on a 8k tv would be so lifelike.

I just want it so I can marvel at Hawaii how it was and Elvis, you can go up real close and it looks like a photo. How that beautiful blue sky looks and that scenery.

Technology its getting us closer to the original.

You can keep your DVD thankyou and frankly it is insulting to release Blue Hawaii on DVD. What a cheek to expect fans to buy it.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:06 pm

1080p Blu-ray with HD mono sound is good enough for me :smt001

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:26 pm

No blu-ray?

Might as well re-release it on 8mm film as far as I'm concerned. What a wasted opportunity.

blu-ray is Paramount, ironically.

Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:13 am

Now Amazon has rereleases listed for the following DVDs after Blue Hawaii.

GI Blues - Sept .26, 2017
King Creole - Oct. 10, 2017
Girls, Girls, Girls - Oct. 10, 2017

I'm still curious to know if these will be upgraded. No artwork is showing yet for Blue Hawaii or any of these three.

Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:25 am

While I would love to see UHD with HDR, I doubt itll happen. We'll be lucky to see most put on Blu-Ray...

Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:12 am

sweetangeline wrote:looks like many others being released as well;

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_ ... 2650303011

Sorry just noticed this. You already found this info. Plus Fun In Acapulco is also included.