Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Matters...

Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:40 am

Everyone is entitled to there opinion regarding red west, good or bad, but for an fan club as them, to demand that red be removed from the cruise(which has now happened)
for me absolutely stinks. This was not there tour to organise, so who the hell are they to say who should and should not be on the cruise? They have made a big thing in saying that they started the ball rolling and now because of this people have listened... Ever thought people may have wanted to see Red, not everyone holds a grudge Peter.
Since this club president likes to point out things, Its a shame that this same club president don't feel as passionate to point out all the IMPS ruining Elvis Week? or how about the lack of harmony with North Korea and the Usa... Come On Peter! They are all listing to your words and We will all back you...
Suggestion how about a re-naming the website Bourke-Matters... After all its the only name you see highlighted on the website...

Re: Elvis Matters...

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:22 am

You're not a member there I guess.....

Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:17 am

thetigerman_ wrote:Everyone is entitled to there opinion regarding red west, good or bad, but for an fan club as them, to demand that red be removed from the cruise(which has now happened)
for me absolutely stinks. This was not there tour to organise, so who the hell are they to say who should and should not be on the cruise? They have made a big thing in saying that they started the ball rolling and now because of this people have listened... Ever thought people may have wanted to see Red, not everyone holds a grudge Peter.
Since this club president likes to point out things, Its a shame that this same club president don't feel as passionate to point out all the IMPS ruining Elvis Week? or how about the lack of harmony with North Korea and the Usa... Come On Peter! They are all listing to your words and We will all back you...
Suggestion how about a re-naming the website Bourke-Matters... After all its the only name you see highlighted on the website...

I have nothing to do with Elvis Matters, I don't personally know anybody from this website but you say: "so who the hell are they to say who should and should not be on the cruise?"

Man, I'm so sick of attitudes like that. Anyone could point a finger on your nose and ask you: "who the hell are you to say what Elvis Matters should or should not post in their website?"

Can you realize everybody is entitled to an opinion? I see people here defending Red West. Well, just let it be!

Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:04 am

Man, I'm so sick of attitudes like that. Anyone could point a finger on your nose and ask you: "who the hell are you to say what Elvis Matters should or should not post in their website?"

your right in saying people could say that too. EM tho its a bit different in telling others not to go, drumming up support ,then being pleased with themselves, hardly the same as just a statement being made tho is it?
and why tell people not to go? I have a feeling EM will not be welcome on future tours...

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:51 pm

Wasn't it the other way around, that EM didn't go because of the presence of Red West..??

Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:37 pm

Em only goes if BAUKE goes :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Did anyone see the new BAUKE ART on their site?? And then STILL say he does NOT impersonate Elvis???

Dont get me wrong, Bauke is a great guy with a great voice... but EM goes to far with him i think

Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:39 pm

stari062 wrote:Em only goes if BAUKE goes :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Did anyone see the new BAUKE ART on their site?? And then STILL say he does NOT impersonate Elvis???

Dont get me wrong, Bauke is a great guy with a great voice... but EM goes to far with him i think

his name is BOUKE :wink:

Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:41 pm

thetigerman_ wrote:Everyone is entitled to there opinion regarding red west, good or bad, but for an fan club as them, to demand that red be removed from the cruise(which has now happened)

Great comments : thnx

I agree with you TigerMan ::rocks

Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Bouke only got himself into that by joining a dutch elvis contest program ''Where is Elvis''.. Before that Bouke sung dutch songs mostly i havent heard him do elvis before that either.. After that he seems to ONLY be doing elvis..
This must be the worse he even impersonates elvis lip..

phpBB [video]

Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:37 pm

Boycott ElvisMatters !

Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:39 pm

Don't we have an off-topic section for this ...

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:16 pm

::rocks "Elvis Matters" one for the money, two for the show! Peter Dagobert Duck!

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:

Bouke only got himself into that by joining a dutch elvis contest program ''Where is Elvis''.. Before that Bouke sung dutch songs mostly i havent heard him do elvis before that either.. After that he seems to ONLY be doing elvis..
This must be the worse he even impersonates elvis lip..

phpBB [video]

Never heard of him here in the USA, but the guy has a decent voice. its just that all Elvis impersonators leave me cold. The simple fact is, an average person will see this and laugh and once again I think that belittles Elvis as an artist. At least he is not wearing a jumpsuit.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:59 am

He is not wearing a jumpsuit... but they say he is an artist on its own, and all he does comes natural.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:02 am

Suggestion how about a re-naming the website Bourke-Matters

GREAT point there!!

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:35 am

He's an Elvis clone and I don't like it either the way he performs. But he sells tickets and people who like it should go and see him. In my eyes he's just another impersonator.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:21 pm

sharky wrote:

Elvis Matters (Peter Verbruggen) has a high degree of censorship on there guestbook. Censorship on there website is very pervasive and strictly enforced by Peter Verbruggen. Other opinions than Elvis Matters (Peter Verbruggen Matters) will be removed!

Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:35 pm

I think this topic is a bit sad and typical for the Elvis world..
No Bouke is not my thing and I'm sure EM is not a perfect fanclub but if we go that route we can start multiple topics everyday bashing people/fanclubs etc.
Next to that EM has quite a few members so I guess they please a lot of fans.

Get a grip folks.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:08 pm

Robert wrote:I think this topic is a bit sad and typical for the Elvis world..
No Bouke is not my thing and I'm sure EM is not a perfect fanclub but if we go that route we can start multiple topics everyday bashing people/fanclubs etc.
Next to that EM has quite a few members so I guess they please a lot of fans.

Get a grip folks.

If you look at what was posted , it isnt much different from what Peter wrote to convince the elvis fans not to attend the event in question.
you used the word multiple, that exactly what EM have done here, used the position, and its not right.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:43 pm

I no longer deal with EM, I ordered goods and they never arrived.
EM didn't respond and PayPal issued me a full refund after not response from EM either .
Certainly not everyone has this experience with EM, but I can only state my own experience with them.
Not good.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:24 pm

Mr Whopitt wrote:I no longer deal with EM, I ordered goods and they never arrived.
EM didn't respond and PayPal issued me a full refund after not response from EM either .
Certainly not everyone has this experience with EM, but I can only state my own experience with them.
Not good.

:roll:

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:28 pm

I am very sad to read these negative things about Elvis Matters and Peter. Years ago I was attending a couple of meetings and events EM did or helped to stage in Belgium and Germany, when John Wilkinson was still alive, and I was always welcomed and treated like a very good friend. I never heard Peter badmouth anyone in the Elvis world. So I can only wonder what "has happened" between Peter and Red West in the way that Peter now or still holds such a grudge against Red.
Red may have made his mistakes when it comes to friendship and friendship lost with Elvis (particularly the phone-call taping and the book), but I guess he more than paid off for this. However, Red, as I see him, is an honest person and he deserves respect for some of his views, opinions, talks and actions when it comes to his former boss, Elvis. Today we all know better and actually Red was quite right with much he's said and done, before Elvis died.

Peter, if you read this, please address the fans on this message-board and please try to positively solve this (Elvis) matter.

Rolf
Author of Bootleg Elvis

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:17 pm

superrg wrote:So I can only wonder what "has happened" between Peter and Red West in the way that Peter now or still holds such a grudge against Red.
Red may have made his mistakes when it comes to friendship and friendship lost with Elvis (particularly the phone-call taping and the book), but I guess he more than paid off for this. However, Red, as I see him, is an honest person and he deserves respect for some of his views, opinions, talks and actions when it comes to his former boss, Elvis. Today we all know better and actually Red was quite right with much he's said and done, before Elvis died.

Peter, if you read this, please address the fans on this message-board and please try to positively solve this (Elvis) matter.

Rolf
Author of Bootleg Elvis

:smt038

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:21 am

sharky wrote:
superrg wrote:So I can only wonder what "has happened" between Peter and Red West in the way that Peter now or still holds such a grudge against Red.

Rolf
Author of Bootleg Elvis

:smt038

:|

Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:51 pm

Lisa Marie presley made a twitter post about her concert last night. James burton joined her on stage. I have no video as I have been unable to find any footage, but she posted a pic with him and said it was an epic night.