Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Is it Now "SOLD OUT"? Boy From Tupelo book....

Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:03 am

I checked Elvis.com from memphis...it is not available. Wondered if there's any left?

Re: Is it Now "SOLD OUT"? Boy From Tupelo book....

Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:08 am

As much as I hate to say this Paul Lichter has it available for $175.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:48 am

You can buy it here.Expencive.
http://www.theelvisshoplondon.com/index ... t_id=25724

:smt006

Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:55 am

The Elvis Shop has recently increased the price of the book, which would imply that they too are down to their last few copies.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:20 am

I ordered a copy yesterday from elvis.com.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:23 pm

tcbcw wrote:I ordered a copy yesterday from elvis.com.

Really? I'm surprised, I haven't seen it on their site since it disappeared weeks ago. Glad I pre-ordered my copy way back when.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:53 am

thistrain wrote:

Really? I'm surprised, I haven't seen it on their site since it disappeared weeks ago. Glad I pre-ordered my copy way back when.

Yes I was lucky. I just happened to check the site and saw it was listed again. I quickly ordered it. I checked yesterday and it was no longer listed. I have a hunch that more may be available at some point. If demand is there it would only make sense to make more available.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:14 am

Any idea how many were printed?

Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:40 am

tcbcw wrote: I just happened to check the site and saw it was listed again. I quickly ordered it. I checked yesterday and it was no longer listed.

Wonder if you got one of the returns?
Was it still sealed?

Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:42 am

tcbcw wrote:
thistrain wrote:

Yes I was lucky. I just happened to check the site and saw it was listed again. I quickly ordered it. I checked yesterday and it was no longer listed. I have a hunch that more may be available at some point. If demand is there it would only make sense to make more available.

Please let us know when it arrives. I ordered my set the first week of September. ShopElvis botched the order (even though my online account said it had shipped). By the time their error was caught, they were out of stock. Good luck.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:14 am

Mine came yesterday (ElvisshopLondon) to my Moms, and my step dad brought it over to my place today!!!!! I haven't unwrapped it,as I'm wondering if I should keep it sealed and try to order another one also? I watched a fellow on You Tube that ordered from ElvisshopLondon with bonus songs(cd's) included unwrap this treasure!! 8)

Is it Now "SOLD OUT"? Boy From Tupelo book....

Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:50 am

ian wrote:I'm wondering if I should keep it sealed and try to order another one also?

Open it - enjoy it.

Re: Is it Now

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:03 am

Matthew wrote:
ian wrote:I'm wondering if I should keep it sealed and try to order another one also?

Open it - enjoy it.

It sure is tempting!!!!! 8) I feel so fortunate and happy to have it, and it's such an awesome looking package!! 8) Have you heard if the newly discovered I forgot to remember to Forget is going to be included on a future project? It's posted on YouTube right now, but I still haven't listened to the whole thing, so as to not spoil listening to it on a future release,but it's overly tempting to want to listen to all of it right now, as it's an awesome clip, including the music before Elvis comes on and the introduction of Elvis!!

http://youtu.be/FH74K8_Jztc

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:09 pm

MaryAnn wrote:
tcbcw wrote:
thistrain wrote:

Please let us know when it arrives. I ordered my set the first week of September. ShopElvis botched the order (even though my online account said it had shipped). By the time their error was caught, they were out of stock. Good luck.

I will let you know when it arrives. So far it appears the order processed without any issues.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:59 pm

tcbcw wrote:
MaryAnn wrote:
tcbcw wrote:
thistrain wrote:

I will let you know when it arrives. So far it appears the order processed without any issues.

Thanks. I would appreciate it.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:52 am

just got mine from Elvis shop. Wow it's heavy! It's clearly a work of love. I haven't read it yet but listended to disk 1 and 3 last night whilst browsing the book. It really transports you back to that time. It's a fantastic package and should be opened and treasured not left in shrink rap imo. I love the LP style sleeve with the CD's in it. I will copy the CD's though so I can leave this intact as I suspect with useage it could get a bit tatty over time.

Love it, love it, love it.

:D

jamie

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:35 am

tcbcw wrote:
MaryAnn wrote:
tcbcw wrote:
thistrain wrote:

Hopefully, ShopElvis sent you an email with the UPS tracking number. If they did not, I would call them right away and get it.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:37 am

Jamie wrote:just got mine from Elvis shop. Wow it's heavy! It's clearly a work of love. I haven't read it yet but listended to disk 1 and 3 last night whilst browsing the book. It really transports you back to that time. It's a fantastic package and should be opened and treasured not left in shrink rap imo. I love the LP style sleeve with the CD's in it. I will copy the CD's though so I can leave this intact as I suspect with useage it could get a bit tatty over time.

Love it, love it, love it.

:D

jamie

Jamie, when did you order it? I'm extremely upset about what happened to my order.

I ordered it on September 7, but they simply didn't process the order. I don't think my order was ever processed -- even though my online account showed that the "order has shipped." SO, I waited. By the time I finally followed up, they were "out of stock" -- or so I was told. The number that was in the UPS tracking number field was an "error code." End of story. Here's your refund. You are SOL. I am bitter.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:26 am

That was a VERY fast sell-out! Think of the price of it! And it went flying out, in this age of "digital music." Gimme a break: make a better physical mousetrap, and the physical products will beat a physical path to people's doors.

5,000 units, with 3 CDs in each unit.

That's 15,000 individual CDs sold, at nearly 40 dollars per CD - with a HUGE, GIGANTIC, expensive book attached! I'd say they made a better mousetrap. If they had wanted to sell this mass-market, they could have. (We'll see what the future holds.) This sold right out.

rjm

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:47 am

MARY Ann, I ordered mine with Elvis Shop London on 25th Sept. I got a note to say they had been away and they start the clearance of old orders on 26th. Further email on 28th to say it had been shipped via DHL. They tried to deliver on Monday but due to work commitment I couldn't arrange collection until Wednesday. I am sorry to hear you are having problems. The website still shows stock.

Cheers Jamie

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:07 am

Jamie wrote:MARY Ann, I ordered mine with Elvis Shop London on 25th Sept. I got a note to say they had been away and they start the clearance of old orders on 26th. Further email on 28th to say it had been shipped via DHL. They tried to deliver on Monday but due to work commitment I couldn't arrange collection until Wednesday. I am sorry to hear you are having problems. The website still shows stock.

Cheers Jamie

Thank you, Jamie. That explains it. You are dealing with ShopElvis UK. I didn't know that. I'm was dealing with ShopElvis (Musictoday) in Virginia, USA.

I'm on a budget and overseas shipping on this hefty set puts it out of my price range. I was pushing the limits on this purchase as it was. I'm happy for all the fans that were able to secure this release -- and sad for those of us that are just out of luck. I guess that's that.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:22 am

Jamie wrote:MARY Ann, I ordered mine with Elvis Shop London on 25th Sept. I got a note to say they had been away and they start the clearance of old orders on 26th. Further email on 28th to say it had been shipped via DHL. They tried to deliver on Monday but due to work commitment I couldn't arrange collection until Wednesday. I am sorry to hear you are having problems. The website still shows stock.

Cheers Jamie

That's where I just got mine from, and they had that message saying they were going to be away until... I got it in really good time. 8)

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:26 am

ian wrote:

Cheers Jamie

That's where I just got mine from, and they had that message saying they were going to be away until... I got it in really good time. 8)

I love this "we're going to be away" bit. What's up with THAT??? LOL Whatever.

It would help if more posters indicated their location -- even a country or continent.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:39 am

In order for it to go Gold (assuming the book is sold separately, and the CDs priced more for retail), they would need to move 166,667 units, with three CDs in it. I think they can do it! Especially if priced strictly as a music product, with a "teaser" booklet, as an advertisement for the book, which I think MANY music enthusiasts would want very, very much. The Sun period is big, historical and quite popular among those who love music of the rock era. (Whenever that is -- I don't think it's over, or I hope not.)

Food for thought! (And everyone knows Sony people frequent this little clubhouse. So . . . think about it!)

I think a relationship with ITunes/Apple Lossless downloads w/Deluxe Digital Booklet, would be grand! A real groundbreaking breakthrough for the whole music industry! Elvis leads the way, always!

Go, team, go!

rjm (in fairness, perhaps Amazon can also be convinced to offer a lossless format, such as .flac, and then they could sell it, too!)

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:50 am

Ordered min from Shop Elvis ..... It Shipped Friday... At my door Monday Morning... Middle of Canada, an additional $18 for handeling and tax. I also got Bootleg Elvis at the same time.