Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Blue - Possible FTD ?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:37 am

OK howabout Elvis - Blue ?

It was a unique Australian record and packaging that came out in 1984. As I'm sure Ernst welcomes input perhaps a themed FTD based on Elvis Blue songtitles would be the start of something. What do others think ? Would there be support for themed series such as these ?

The following was the songs;

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Of Kentucky
Milkcow Blues Boogie
Blue Suede Shoes
When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again
Mean Woman Blues
Blueberry Hill
Blue Christmas
A Mess Of Blues
G.I. Blues
Blue Hawaii
Beach Boy Blues
Something Blue
Blue River
Goodtime Charlie's Got The Blues
Indescribably Blue
Steamroller Blues
Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain
Moody Blue

Re: Elvis Blue - Possible FTD ?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:17 am

Damn didn't realize there was that many songs with "Blue" in the titles. :shock:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:37 am

No wonder he was depressed!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:46 am

Another winner!

They should give you Ernst's job.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 pm

How about ELVIS WAS A FOOL featuring:
Fool Fool Fool,
A Fool Such As I,
Fool,
The Fool,
Fools Rush In,
If I'm A Fool

And other foolish hits. Featuring bonus tracks such as Love Me with it's fool related opening line....

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:23 pm

"Elvis Blue" was a great album but the sound quality was shithouse!

How times have changed!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:30 pm

I still have the LP here at home, with the translucent blue vinyl. A nice item, but not the direction I want FTD to go in. The collectors label stands for much better than just reissuing old compilations.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:48 pm

I got the cassette in 1984 at the old record store in Wahroonga, NSW. As an 11 year old it offered me a lot of new songs I didn't already have on All The Best (Vol 1 & 2) ImageImage, Elvis In the '70s Image and 100 Super Rocks LP Image which was about the extent of my collection (which was pretty fcuking good for an 11 year old!!) so as much nostalgia that they have for me personally they don't belong in the FTD series.
Perhaps we have interpreted the '"Classic" Album Series' to me the 'Original' album series, but with the latest FTD release, there is obviously two schools of thought, the latest I disagree with. I see it as a reaction to the success of the bootleggers' re0issues of oldd compilation CDs - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! Poor strategic decision, IMO, on FTD's part.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Jim Dandy: I have 100 Super Rocks, but it has a different cover. Haven't played it in several years. Will have dig it out and check what else might be different. Labels and such.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Delboy wrote:No wonder he was depressed!

lol...... :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

off on a tangent, this is one of my 'most listened to cd's'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:57 pm

dannyboy1 wrote:I still have the LP here at home, with the translucent blue vinyl. A nice item, but not the direction I want FTD to go in. The collectors label stands for much better than just reissuing old compilations.

+1! I will be buying far fewer FTD's if they start listening to these ideas for redoing compilations. I'm not that happy about Hits of the 70's, but as others have said, I don't have to buy it.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Robt wrote:OK howabout Elvis - Blue ?

It was a unique Australian record and packaging that came out in 1984. As I'm sure Ernst welcomes input perhaps a themed FTD based on Elvis Blue songtitles would be the start of something. What do others think ? Would there be support for themed series such as these ?

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Of Kentucky
Milkcow Blues Boogie
Blue Suede Shoes
Mean Woman Blues
Blueberry Hill
Blue Christmas
A Mess Of Blues
G.I. Blues
Blue Hawaii
Beach Boy Blues
Something Blue
Blue River
Indescribably Blue
Steamroller Blues
Moody Blue

A big..........................................NO!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:06 pm

or maybe Elvis For You! :smt005

I Want You, I Need You, I Love You
If You think i don't need You
You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
You Asked Me To
Who Are You
Where Do You Come From
When Im Over You
Stuck On You
She's Not You
I Want You With Me
Anyway You Want Me

Bonus:
You Gave Me A Mountain (Molehill Version)
Baby What You Want Me To Do (Unreleased, July 1970 Rehearsal)

LOL

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:43 pm

Don’t fancy forking out cash for a FTD re-issue of an old title on CD unless it was a classic album and the Hits Of The 70’s compilation just doesn’t fit in with my expectations of the label. However, if Ernst is running out of ideas I’d like to see a new compilation set on the label. By collecting together all the various rare versions sought by collectors he’d be filling in gaps in many collections and keeping fans happy. Rare versions available only on singles, rare mixes, hard to find extended/shortened versions from around the world. Might even fill out a couple of double CD sets. Great title too - For Elvis CD Collectors Only.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:11 pm

Elvis "Me"
1.all that I am
2,do you know who I am
3.you don't know me
4.who am I
5.my way
6.i want you i need you i love you
7.mine
8.ask me
9.love me
10.love me, love the life i live

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:42 pm

Yeah and after that, lets do an "Elvis' greatest sh*t" ftd. Just because it's a cult classic.

Releasing a greatest hits package on a collectors label, that was meant for unreleased and rare home and live recordings, was a mistake..................................
Or was it a brilliant marketing strategy. To give the diehard fans a chance to buy a greatest hits compilation thru a collectors label. Brilliant!!!!!!!

Only Saint Ernst knows!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:13 pm

debtd1 wrote:
Delboy wrote:No wonder he was depressed!

lol...... :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

off on a tangent, this is one of my 'most listened to cd's'

Heres the tracklisting

Trouble - Reconsider Baby - A Mess Of Blues - Give Me The Right - Such A Night - When It Rains, It Really Pours - Trying To Get To You - Like A Baby - I Want To Be Free - Mean Woman Blues - Ain't That Loving You Baby - One Night - Little Sister - So Glad You're Mine - Big Boss Man - I Want You With Me - Baby What You Want Me To Do - Santa Claus Is Back In Town - Stuck On You - I Feel So Bad - What I'd Say - Tomorrow Night - It Feels So Right - Merry Christmas Baby

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Of Kentucky
Milkcow Blues Boogie
Blue Suede Shoes
Mean Woman Blues
Blueberry Hill
Blue Christmas
A Mess Of Blues
G.I. Blues
Blue Hawaii
Beach Boy Blues
Something Blue
Blue River
Indescribably Blue
Steamroller Blues
Moody Blue

Why is your main focus these days about FTD reissuing rare, out-of-print compilations? Certainly there are many more useful and relevant releases FTD can produce.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:01 pm

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Of Kentucky
Milkcow Blues Boogie
Blue Suede Shoes
Mean Woman Blues
Blueberry Hill
Blue Christmas
A Mess Of Blues
G.I. Blues
Blue Hawaii
Beach Boy Blues
Something Blue
Blue River
Indescribably Blue
Steamroller Blues
Moody Blue

I hope you kidding(?)

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:06 pm

To be honest, you can make a copy of this on your home computer for your personal use and listening pleasure if your so motivated

rlj :smt009

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:41 pm

II am waiting for the FTD Classic series of FTD titles

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:48 am

Rigs wrote:Yeah and after that, lets do an "Elvis' greatest sh*t" ftd. Just because it's a cult classic.

Releasing a greatest hits package on a collectors label, that was meant for unreleased and rare home and live recordings, was a mistake..................................
Or was it a brilliant marketing strategy. To give the diehard fans a chance to buy a greatest hits compilation thru a collectors label. Brilliant!!!!!!!

Only Saint Ernst knows!

Hey give Ernst respect. Ernst and company has extended the goalposts from when the FTD started. Therefore, FTD today is more than a collectors label. Face it, EJ cannot go on forever releasing repetitious 70's concerts and is limited with regards to upgrade of classic albums (tapes are missing or lost and may never be recovered) format. It's simple logic dumbhead :twisted:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:51 am

rlj4ep wrote:To be honest, you can make a copy of this on your home computer for your personal use and listening pleasure if your so motivated

rlj :smt009

Excellent idea, my Friend ::rocks

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:40 am

Robt wrote:Ernst and company has extended the goalposts from when the FTD started. Therefore, FTD today is more than a collectors label.

so very true, finally someone gets it!! I have been saying this very thing in other threads for quite sometime now and it started long before HITS OF THE 70`s. I`m surprised not too many have noticed, congrads Robt, others need to open there eyes and look around :D

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:20 pm

As a concept album it sounds good but is it what FTD set out to be? Im not sure about this. Could FTD be at a stage where they are looking for new ideas to exist and making a profit rather than looking at what they set out to be? Or has this always been about $$$$?