Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Maria Davies died today

Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Maria Davies died this morning 11th November 2012. She was 85. Many fans will remember Maria and her sister Gladys who had been fans since 1956, and who showed us all in Great Britain that it was possible to go and see Elvis in Vegas. They went to Vegas for his opening engagement in 1969, and returned in February 1970 and in August 1971. They were Liverpool Branch leaders for the British fan club for many years, and were great friends to many of the fans here in Britain, and among Elvis's most loyal supporters. Gladys died in 2007. They are both remembered most fondly and will always be missed.

Re: Maria Davies died today

Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:46 pm

"Presley Nation" was one of the first books I ever bought about Elvis back in 1975, and here you can read about Maria and Gladys;
MARIA DAVIES.jpg

MARIA DAVIES 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks, Tony. Maria is wearing Elvis's jacket in that picture, given to her by Uncle Vester.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:57 pm

chris j wrote:Thanks, Tony. Maria is wearing Elvis's jacket in that picture, given to her by Uncle Vester.

Yes, I wonder where it is now or what will happen to it?

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:07 pm

The jacket was sold in a big auction of Maria's collection two or three years ago.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:17 pm

Sad news. R.I.P Maria.

Both Maria and Gladys also attended all six of Elvis' Astrodome Shows in 1970 and they can be seen in the film TTWII at the Elvis Convention in Luxembourg on 5th September, 1970.

Brian

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:17 pm

chris j wrote:The jacket was sold in a big auction of Maria's collection two or three years ago.

I don't recall that auction. Can you remember where it was held and if a catalogue was issued? I like to collect auction catalogues.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Tony.. wrote:
chris j wrote:The jacket was sold in a big auction of Maria's collection two or three years ago.

I don't recall that auction. Can you remember where it was held and if a catalogue was issued? I like to collect auction catalogues.

Tony,

The following URL from TCB-World.com throws some light on the Matter. Unfortunately the links to the Catalogue and Auction are no longer active.

http://www.tcb-world.com/threads/24728- ... ria+Davies

The Auction was held at Bonham's in London on 25th November, 2008.

Brian

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:05 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Tony,

The following URL from TCB-World.com throws some light on the Matter. Unfortunately the links to the Catalogue and Auction are no longer active.

http://www.tcb-world.com/threads/24728- ... ria+Davies

The Auction was held at Bonham's in London on 25th November, 2008.

Brian

Thank you for that.