Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: prince from another planet ...discontinued ???

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:34 am

Thanks KB, sounds promising: mind is in transit so hopefully not to long to wait

Cheers

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:23 am

I just got an email from blowitoutahere.com saying that my copy has shipped.

Yippee!!

Brian

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:32 am

I think mine will be in my mailbox tomorrow.....really looking forward to it, almost can`t wait :smt006

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Mine arrived today..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Do you guys have that annoying age certification sticker attached on the cover ?! It's not on the seal but attached to the box - it's ugly and very unnecessary .... Don't dare to remove it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by memphisflash on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:59 pm

I can’t be bothered to read all these posts, so sorry if I repeat something that has already been written. The situation is this: Prince from Another Planet (deluxe edition) is a limited edition, just like A Boy from Tupelo. Once it’s gone, that’s it.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:11 pm

debtd1 wrote:Mine arrived today..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy debt 1 - cant wait ta get mine soon too -Im Countn days -yeah

Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:05 am

Luckily amazon hadn't deleted my order, it was sent out today :p thank god!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:32 am

Ken Jensen wrote:I can’t be bothered to read all these posts, so sorry if I repeat something that has already been written. The situation is this: Prince from Another Planet (deluxe edition) is a limited edition, just like A Boy from Tupelo. Once it’s gone, that’s it.

Says who? Sony?

Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:13 pm

King Volcano wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:I can’t be bothered to read all these posts, so sorry if I repeat something that has already been written. The situation is this: Prince from Another Planet (deluxe edition) is a limited edition, just like A Boy from Tupelo. Once it’s gone, that’s it.

Says who? Sony?

Yes.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Sorry for saying this but so many reactions to this release yet nobody who bought it his or her copy of the box/cd takes the effort to post some review pictures in this topic to share with fellow Elvis fans. It is not the first time i've seen it that people who bought something new of Elvis,or hear some new facts on the radio or tv, just mention it and give no picture or link to at least share some of the news with fellow fans. I always say: Don't mention it if i can't enjoy it with you in sound or picture.

That said i will give the example and hopefully others will be more active to do so also next time.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:
King Volcano wrote:

Says who? Sony?

Yes.

Where did they say it? And how many copies are there? Everything is a limited edition in the sense that once they're gone, they're gone. Tupelo was a mail-order only item with a specified print-run of 3000, which is an entirely different scenario.

There were hundreds of thousands of copies of say, Such A Night: Essential Elvis Volume 6, but once they were gone, they were gone, but that doesn't make it a limited edition in the real sense of the phrase.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:23 pm

there is nothing on the package to suggest its limited edition. I would be surprised as I would think Sony would want to sell as many as possible.