prince from another planet ...discontinued ???

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
houndog
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

prince from another planet ...discontinued ???

Post by houndog »

I placed my order with HMV here in the UK when it was first announced this title would be released, on the 6th August.

but this weekend i recieved the following email (or this is the text from it)
We're really sorry, but the suppliers have now informed us that this item has now been discontinued, and they are not planning to manufacture any further copies.

We are going to try to see if we can get the item from an alternate source for you for a further 30 days. If we aren't able to get any more stock, then we will send you another email to let you know that your order has been cancelled. If we are successful we will let you know when the item is on its way to you.

Please note that you won't be charged for the item until we dispatch it.

Anybody else got this or know if its true its already discontinued ??????

HOUNDOG

you aint nuthin butta.......

keninlincs
Registered for: 15 years 8 months
Mood:

Re: prince from another planet ...discontinued ???

Post by keninlincs »

houndog wrote:I placed my order with HMV here in the UK when it was first announced this title would be released, on the 6th August.

We're really sorry, but the suppliers have now informed us that this item has now been discontinued, and they are not planning to manufacture any further copies.

We are going to try to see if we can get the item from an alternate source for you for a further 30 days. If we aren't able to get any more stock, then we will send you another email to let you know that your order has been cancelled. If we are successful we will let you know when the item is on its way to you.

Anybody else got this or know if its true its already discontinued ??????
its still available to pre order at amazon /uk

-instagram kenh1964

Brian Quinn
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Brian Quinn »

houndog wrote:I placed my order with HMV here in the UK when it was first announced this title would be released, on the 6th August.

Anybody else got this or know if its true its already discontinued ??????[/quote

I have checked the HMV Website for PFAP but there is now no entry for it.
I ordered mine from Amazon(UK) a couple of months ago. The following may have something to do with it:

Catherine McKinnell (Newcastle upon Tyne North, Labour)

Clause 198 aims to repeal the exemption from VAT that low-value goods imported from the Channel Islands have been entitled to. That exemption is part of the low-value consignment relief scheme—to save time, I shall refer to it as LVCR—under which goods costing less than £15 imported into the UK from non-EU countries are exempt from VAT. Although the Channel Islands are part of the UK, they are not part of the EU VAT area, so goods entering from the Channel Islands are VAT-exempt. Large companies such as HMV, which base their dispatch operations in the Channel Islands, have therefore been able to sell their low-value products more cheaply than companies dispatching from the mainland. Some companies, such as Holland and Barrett, have campaigned for the exemption to be ended on the basis that they cannot compete with companies that do not have to charge VAT. The clause would end LVCR for the Channel Islands, so that goods imported from there would be subject to VAT.

We support the removal of LVCR from the Channel Islands to protect the interests of businesses based elsewhere in the UK, and to increase the UK tax take. It is right that UK companies be able to trade in their home market without being undercut. However, we have some concerns about how thoroughly the Government have considered the alternatives to that approach, and they have a serious responsibility to do so given the impact that the move will have on the Channel Islands. The Post Office estimates that it will lose a massive chunk of its revenue, and the scale of job losses in the Channel Islands is estimated to be significant. Some estimate that unemployment in Jersey will increase by 50% as a direct result of major companies relocating away from the island.

That relocation could be to the UK mainland. HMV has said that it will transfer its mail order centre from Guernsey to Birmingham. However, in some instances, those jobs could go further afield, because LVCR will still apply to other non-EU countries such as Switzerland, Andorra, and Gibraltar. Companies will be free to move their dispatch operations to those countries and keep the same benefits. How effective is the clause if that option is left wide open? We know that big companies are mobile. There is nothing to stop them moving their packaging and dispatch operations to wherever the tax regime is best, and that is their right. However, it is the Government’s responsibility to look at how to create the best possible regulations in the light of that predictable behaviour.

One solution is to consider withdrawing LVCR from all non-EU countries. It would not be appropriate to commit to that without thoroughly reviewing all the appropriate data, but I ask the Minister to confirm today whether the Government have considered that option and what their conclusion was. Chasing companies from one country to another, and closing loopholes a country at a time, is certainly not sensible tax planning. If the Government plan to do that, they need to ensure that they create a level of certainty for businesses.

Some behaviours can be predicted, and some are less predictable, so one has to question what the actual yield will be from the measure. With regard to the yields that are predicted to result from the Channel Islands loophole being closed, what consideration has been given to the possibility of the loophole being further exploited? We will not oppose the withdrawal of the exemption from the Channel Islands, and we have not tabled any amendments on the subject, but I seek reassurance from the Minister that consideration has been given to the issues, in order to mitigate the concerns that the measure will not achieve its aim.

Brian

hm80ep
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by hm80ep »

Everything seems to be fine with my amazon.co.uk order for the deluxe edition.

However, the price has recently gone up from £14 to £16.99.

I'm glad the amazon's pre-order price guarantee works the way it does. :smt001

Henryk

jon_burrows
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by jon_burrows »

My order on Amazon - placed August 6 - still seems ok, price is still £14 too.

Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by Johnny2523 »

ebay says :
Delivery:
Estimated between Tue. 6 Nov. and Mon. 12 Nov.

17,99 $

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

debtd1
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by debtd1 »

wonder if we'll get it this side of Christmas :wink:

"No-one, but no-one, is his equal, or ever will be. He was, and is supreme". Mick Jagger

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

I pre-ordered both copies from http://www.amazon.ca today and the total was $45.76 CDN taxes included. Due for shipment November 13.

King Volcano

Post by King Volcano »

my amazon preorder is also fine. hmv should be careful sending out auto emails like that, they could be done for misrepresenting & spreading misinformation about manufacturers & their products.

Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

I don't believe it. Surely It's just a case of it's been bogged.

Topic author
houndog

Post by houndog »

i got mine pre ordered on Amazon also just thought it strange HMV sending me that mail

HOUNDOG

poormadpeter

Post by poormadpeter »

King Volcano wrote:my amazon preorder is also fine. hmv should be careful sending out auto emails like that, they could be done for misrepresenting & spreading misinformation about manufacturers & their products.
Oh, for goodness sake, it's clearly a mistake that will no doubt be rectified in time to come. They've hardly committed murder. It's no different to the other week when Frankie and Johnny was being sold for £1005 on amazon!

That said, HMV are clearly struggling at the moment - I was in the Oxford Street store in London last week and the shelves were once again half empty, which sugests that finances and credit are a problem once again. I really do think that alot of their problem comes from their downright awful website, where it is a real pain to try to browse through a particular genre of either film or music, or sort lists in the way you would like. This is where amazon wins every time. Prices are also an issue - one has to wonder about the logic of HMV prices when Fopp is also part of HMV but sells things at half the price - why not sell those items at the same price in HMV and get some stock moving? Or, even better, stock 1 copy of ten albums by an artist to fill the shelves up rather than ten copies of the same album? In the Norwich HMV they had eight copies of the Clambake CD quite recently - hardly the best way to make use of space.

Mister Mike
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Mister Mike »

Considering HMV's precarious financial situation, I'd expect them to be discontinued before PFAP....

Elvis fan. From Sun to Sundial.

TCB-FAN
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by TCB-FAN »

Mister Mike wrote:Considering HMV's precarious financial situation, I'd expect them to be discontinued before PFAP....

Based on the amount of money I've spent at HMV over the years, I'd expect them to stay in business for a very long time.

"If The Songs Don't Go Over With The Crowd, We Can Always Do A Medley Of Costumes."

Elvis A. Presley, 1970

steve in SC

Post by steve in SC »

The original release date has come and gone so that's probably why you got the email. A mistake.

JaneTLC
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Post by JaneTLC »

Amazon Italy sent me this:
Gentile Cliente,

Siamo spiacenti di comunicarti che il fornitore ha cambiato la data di disponibilità per i seguenti articoli, di conseguenza dobbiamo comunicarti una nuova data di consegna:

Elvis Presley "Elvis: Prince from Another Planet"
Data di consegna prevista: 14 novembre 2012 - 16 novembre 2012
Saying that their supplier has changed the release date to as above.

elvisnorway
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by elvisnorway »

Somehow amazon has cancelled my pre-order.. does anyone know why?

samses
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by samses »

I just checked my order with Amazon.com. It says that it is going to be shipped november 13.

jon_burrows
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by jon_burrows »

My order from Amazon.UK says it will be shipped November 12.

Topic author
houndog

Post by houndog »

My Amazon pre order says shipping estimate 9/11/12

HOUNDOG

karlos
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by karlos »

My Amazon Uk order for this states that I will receive it by 12th Nov - release date of dvd / cd - cant wait to see it and listen to it - TCE4Ever-

poormadpeter

Post by poormadpeter »

hmv have it listed again now.

Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by Johnny2523 »

mine only says Mid-November.

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

Mister Mike
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Mister Mike »

Amazon.ca still has a November 13 release date.

Elvis fan. From Sun to Sundial.

nicolaas
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Post by nicolaas »

Mine was ordered at bol.com in the netherlands and is available 9 nov. 2012
At this price, such a quality release, i think this will sell very well.

Image Greets from nicolaas