Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: next venus release

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:39 pm

Blue River wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:I'm still waiting in agony what the next Uranus release will be.

Maybe poormadpeter has some info on that.

You have been reported.

While my homosexuality is not by any means a secret, and while I am more than happy to bring it up in discussions when the need arises, your constant digs have gone beyond a joke. That we do not like each other is immaterial; there are a handful of others who I do not pretend to get on with on these boards, but neither they nor I feel the need to lower ourselves so far as to make personal attacks. It's about time you grew up.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:30 pm

HAWAII wrote:version 1 LP version
version 2 Rags to Riches CD
version 3 Audio part only (Fever to end fair quality)
version 4 Audio (recorded close to fan recording LP version)
FTD released LP version from tape.
Version 4 has complete CAN'T HELP FALLING etc... But has clipped
Trying to get to you / polk salad & first part intros (clipped) but rest of
show complete.
Hope that helps Cisco.

Yep,..thank you...a question..

Auld Lang Syne has Can`t Help Falling In Live incomplete in the middle.(few seconds)
The FTD is complete there..but I have a note "dialogues shortened" for the FTD.
Where is the FTD incomplete or is my note wrong..?
Is Auld Lang Syne complete besides Can`t Help..?

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:48 pm

Hi Cisco,
The COMPLETE show would run approx 95mins.
there are differences in all versions, what i remember is that
Early Morning Rain was also cut on the LP - But complete on FTD
as was Can't Help Falling. As for dialogue this is a simple case of
playing each side by side - The new version seems to have a little
more dialogue & at one point the Orchestra almost start the New
Year theme (which i don't recall before) Elvis then goes on to say
'we still have 10mins to New Year' or something along those lines.
This kind of question needs quite a lot of work - but approx 95mins
would give the COMPLETE performance.
The most interesting stuff on the new version is you can actually hear
Elvis' responses to the audience shouts (close to the recorder) and
an almost intimate feeling to the concert when the comments we know
so well now have a reason behind them.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:11 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:

You have been reported.

While my homosexuality is not by any means a secret, and while I am more than happy to bring it up in discussions when the need arises, your constant digs have gone beyond a joke. That we do not like each other is immaterial; there are a handful of others who I do not pretend to get on with on these boards, but neither they nor I feel the need to lower ourselves so far as to make personal attacks. It's about time you grew up.

What are you talking about? What "constant digs" are you referring to?
I thought maybe you knew something about bootleg cd's on the Venus or Uranus labels.

Why is it that everytime one of you liberals get bent-out-of-shape over something, you want to go running to the mods or "report" someone?
You are so elementary school.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:26 am

Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:

You have been reported.

I thought maybe you knew something about bootleg cd's on the Venus or Uranus labels.

Why is it that everytime one of you liberals get bent-out-of-shape over something, you want to go running to the mods or "report" someone?

I have stated a number of times that i would rather not report you, but let your posts remain so that people see your true colours. This was actually the first time I have reported you, and the first time I have reported anyone in probably a year. However, I come here to discuss Elvis and other issues on these boards - I do not come here to receive the taunts that I left behind at school two decades ago, hence the report today. Hopefully you'll spend some time reflecting on your actions and realise it's time to grow up.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:34 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Blue River wrote:

You have been reported.

I have stated a number of times that i would rather not report you, but let your posts remain so that people see your true colours. This was actually the first time I have reported you, and the first time I have reported anyone in probably a year. However, I come here to discuss Elvis and other issues on these boards - I do not come here to receive the taunts that I left behind at school two decades ago, hence the report today. Hopefully you'll spend some time reflecting on your actions and realise it's time to grow up.

My true colours?!
You certainly showed your true colours a few weeks ago by flipping your wig over the thread about intolerant liberals. You didn't like what you read in an article (that I didn't write) so you acted like a thumb sucking, spoiled brat about it.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:48 am

Blue River, For Fu-cks sake, don't breach. If this topic get's deleted it would be your fault. Plus the guy has offered to send me a mp 3 of one of the Pitsburgh songs. Bro on a serious note you got some growing up to do, big time :roll:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:55 am

This 3rd. source sounds pretty similar to the LP version.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:48 am

Robt wrote:Blue River, For Fu-cks sake, don't breach. If this topic get's deleted it would be your fault. Plus the guy has offered to send me a mp 3 of one of the Pitsburgh songs. Bro on a serious note you got some growing up to do, big time :roll:

No, Bro... it's just that I refuse to bow to the whining of liberals.

Everything's gonna be alright, Bro.

Have a nice Sunday! :smt006

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:06 am

HAWAII wrote:Hi Cisco,
The COMPLETE show would run approx 95mins.
there are differences in all versions, what i remember is that
Early Morning Rain was also cut on the LP - But complete on FTD
as was Can't Help Falling. As for dialogue this is a simple case of
playing each side by side - The new version seems to have a little
more dialogue & at one point the Orchestra almost start the New
Year theme (which i don't recall before) Elvis then goes on to say
'we still have 10mins to New Year' or something along those lines.
This kind of question needs quite a lot of work - but approx 95mins
would give the COMPLETE performance.
The most interesting stuff on the new version is you can actually hear
Elvis' responses to the audience shouts (close to the recorder) and
an almost intimate feeling to the concert when the comments we know
so well now have a reason behind them.

Excellent info..anyway..do you think the FTD is complete..?
If so..which source out of them is it then..?

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:15 pm

just from memory C.H.F.I.L. is more complete on FTD and also their is an 'edit' b4 'are you lonesome tonight' om FTD when a guy says 'Elvis -your the best in the world.'.....

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:43 pm

Thanks..I have opened a new tread in the Cisco Corner..perhaps we can discuss
all this there a bit...the topic will be safe there..and won`t drown to nowhere..

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:13 pm

elvisland wrote:i wonder what the next venus release will be :)

Well to carry on with 70s unedited we have not got everything yet. The July Stax sessions for example plus songs from other sessions not released yet.
I love the unedited series and hope for more!

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:46 pm

i love that series but i thought the last one we had was the last of that set but who knows whats next :D

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:14 pm

There are many unedited master versions we havent got yet......."Its your baby you rock it","You asked me to" are two favorites that comes to mind.Maybe Venus doesnt have them though.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:26 pm

I would love to see more "Unedited Masters" - I don't know what's left though any unreleased studio material is always welcome - what about an unreleased soundboard from a boot label, I believe the last unreleased soundboard was 2009 on Showroom Internationale Season 4 C.S. or the partial Mar. 17 show on Springtime Tours. I think a re-issue of the Lake Charles A.S.& E.S. May 4, 1975 on a 2 for 1 would be a good choice as well

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:14 am

Moody_Blue wrote:I would love to see more "Unedited Masters" - I don't know what's left though any unreleased studio material is always welcome - l

There looks to be a load of 70s recording not covered by venus "Unedited" yet (If they have anymore):

1970:

Bridge Over Troubled Water (Actual master)
How The Web Was Woven
It's Your Baby
I'll Never Know
20 days, 20 nights
Life
Heart Of Rome
When I'm Over You
I Really dont want to know
Tomorrow never comes
Funny how time slips away
Love letters
There goes my everything
If I were you
Sylvia
Snowbird
Where Did they go lord
Whole lotta shakin going on
Rags to riches (actual master)

Whole 'He touched me' album apart from Amazing Grace
Lady Madonna? (Jam I know but still not 100% released)
I'll take you home again Kathleen
My Way
Padre

Separate Ways (Master and with strings)

All 'Raised On Rock' album
Take good care of her
I got a thing about you baby
It's Diff'rent now (full version)
I Got a feeling in my body
You asked me to
Mr Songman
Spanish eyes
She Wears my ring

Not sure how man masters appear on the venus Today release?

Of course a lot is covered in the 'Welcome to the jungle' series but not many "unedited masters". So a album of 1976 masters is quite possible, especially as we got a few of them on the last unedited album, which sounded awesome!

So as we can see, still plenty to release....IF venus can get there hands on them? Heres hoping!! Please carry in with this series Venus, I love your work!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:51 am

trouble_jw wrote:
Moody_Blue wrote:I would love to see more "Unedited Masters" - I don't know what's left though any unreleased studio material is always welcome - l

There looks to be a load of 70s recording not covered by venus "Unedited" yet (If they have anymore):

1970:

How The Web Was Woven
It's Your Baby
I'll Never Know
20 days, 20 nights
Life
Heart Of Rome
When I'm Over You
Tomorrow never comes
Love letters
There goes my everything
If I were you
Sylvia
Snowbird
Where Did they go lord

My Way
Padre

Take good care of her
You asked me to
Mr Songman
Spanish eyes
She Wears my ring

Of course a lot is covered in the 'Welcome to the jungle' series but not many "unedited masters". So a album of 1976 masters is quite possible, especially as we got a few of them on the last unedited album, which sounded awesome!

So as we can see, still plenty to release....IF venus can get there hands on them? Heres hoping!! Please carry in with this series Venus, I love your work!

Unedited Masters is only worth releasing if they are faded on official releases or edited somehow.
Many on your list have been released officially unedited/undubbed already (When I'm Over You,Love letters,I Got a feeling in my body++) and many have proper ending and its pointless releasing them on a "unedited masters" cd.
Many tracks are misleading on "Unedited Masters" boots as they were complete in the first place.
Venus should perhaps have a "Undubbed Masters" series also as many tracks from "UM" belongs there :)

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:28 pm

KingElvis wrote:
trouble_jw wrote:

1970:

How The Web Was Woven
It's Your Baby
I'll Never Know
20 days, 20 nights
Life
Heart Of Rome
When I'm Over You
Tomorrow never comes
Love letters
There goes my everything
If I were you
Sylvia
Snowbird
Where Did they go lord

My Way
Padre

Take good care of her
You asked me to
Mr Songman
Spanish eyes
She Wears my ring

Unedited Masters is only worth releasing if they are faded on official releases or edited somehow.
Many on your list have been released officially unedited/undubbed already (When I'm Over You,Love letters,I Got a feeling in my body++) and many have proper ending and its pointless releasing them on a "unedited masters" cd.
Many tracks are misleading on "Unedited Masters" boots as they were complete in the first place.
Venus should perhaps have a "Undubbed Masters" series also as many tracks from "UM" belongs there :)

Yes I am aware of this and agree not all Venus tracks are purely "Unedited" but most of the time have something different to offer (Only believe with horns, It's a matter of time with strings for example) so who knows what else they have? Also hearing new mixes with or without overdubs I enjoy listening to.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:39 pm

Would be cool if we had some good Venus news soon...............
Or is it game over :?:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:35 am

KingElvis wrote:Would be cool if we had some good Venus news soon...............

No idea, but there is no doubt some of the Venus team have read some of the disparaging comments here about their releases. That can't be inspiring.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:21 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
KingElvis wrote:Would be cool if we had some good Venus news soon...............

No idea, but there is no doubt some of the Venus team have read some of the disparaging comments here about their releases. That can't be inspiring.

As a fellow Venus fan I have to say that they may be a bunch of way-too-easy-to-offend people then if that was true, because the majority of comments around here about them is pretty much positive. "Oh my, a bad comment! I can't release anything anymore!". Seriously? I hope not.

Thanks Venus for the great work so far.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:24 am

billyblues wrote:As a fellow Venus fan I have to say that they may be a bunch of way-too-easy-to-offend people then if that was true, because the majority of comments around here about them is pretty much positive.

Yes, why be sensitive if 49 of 100 comments are negative?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:22 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
billyblues wrote:As a fellow Venus fan I have to say that they may be a bunch of way-too-easy-to-offend people then if that was true, because the majority of comments around here about them is pretty much positive.

If they are making money, they will release more product. They're not stupid, nor are they little old ladies whose feelings getting hurt is likely to prevent them from making some readies.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:35 am

poormadpeter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

If they are making money, they will release more product. They're not stupid, nor are they little old ladies whose feelings getting hurt is likely to prevent them from making some readies.

No, they're not stupid.