Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: next venus release

Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:51 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
billyblues wrote:As a fellow Venus fan I have to say that they may be a bunch of way-too-easy-to-offend people then if that was true, because the majority of comments around here about them is pretty much positive.

Yes, why be sensitive if 49 of 100 comments are negative?

If they are making money, they will release more product. They're not stupid, nor are they little old ladies whose feelings getting hurt is likely to prevent them from making some readies.

No, they're not stupid.

It's odd how you accuse me of insulting you so often, and yet once again it's actually you who are trying it on. Funny that.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:37 pm

Nevertheless, I don't think (or at least I hope not) they're a bunch of insecure kids who stop releasing material because of a few bad comments. C'mon, surely one would expect better from the guys behind such releases as the Welcome To The Jungle and Unedited Masters series. I know this place does have its share of people who can only think about their own opinion and those who agree, but I seriously hope this is not the case for the guys behind the label. It would be a shame.

Peter: don't mind it.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:25 pm

billyblues wrote:Nevertheless, I don't think (or at least I hope not) they're a bunch of insecure kids who stop releasing material because of a few bad comments. C'mon, surely one would expect better from the guys behind such releases as the Welcome To The Jungle and Unedited Masters series.

Logical point, billyblues. 8)

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:51 am

poormadpeter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
billyblues wrote:As a fellow Venus fan I have to say that they may be a bunch of way-too-easy-to-offend people then if that was true, because the majority of comments around here about them is pretty much positive.

If they are making money, they will release more product. They're not stupid, nor are they little old ladies whose feelings getting hurt is likely to prevent them from making some readies.

No, they're not stupid.

It's odd how you accuse me of insulting you so often ...

Odd you play the defensive card on a subtle reply to yet another overtly caustic post from you, aimed at me.

Try Matthew 7:12 for some insight.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:52 am

billyblues wrote:Nevertheless, I don't think (or at least I hope not) they're a bunch of insecure kids ...

It's not about insecurity.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:07 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No, they're not stupid.

It's odd how you accuse me of insulting you so often ...

Odd you play the defensive card on a subtle reply to yet another overtly caustic post from you, aimed at me.

Try Matthew 7:12 for some insight.

Quite clearly you are easily offended these days - and paranoid, it should be said. Mine was a general comment, and not particularly aimed at yourself.

However, your defence of certain labels on here that you quite clearly have associations with is bordering on embarrassing.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:15 am

poormadpeter wrote:Mine was a general comment, and not particularly aimed at yourself.

Of course! That you replied to my post was just a coincidence. ;-)

Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:26 am

Yours was the one above mine, was it not?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:28 am

I dont think the VENUS people care about a few bad comments.......even FTD get them.
Was hoping for a new release this year but seems more and more unlikely.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:01 pm

KingElvis wrote:I dont think the VENUS people care about a few bad comments.......even FTD get them.

Really? Isn't that against the rules here? ;-)

Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:52 am

Isn't it an unusual irony that Carp is all about being careful and sensitive 'lest someone offend the people associated with Venus, but yet he himself has hurt and offended and driven away more decent folks from this board than anyone can count. Seems a tad hypocritical.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:20 am

dannyboy1 wrote:Isn't it an unusual irony that Carp is all about being careful and sensitive 'lest someone offend the people associated with Venus, but yet he himself has hurt and offended and driven away more decent folks from this board than anyone can count. Seems a tad hypocritical.

Spot the hypocrisy.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:54 am

Librals are just a bunch of cry babies nothing more nothing less.the venus sets are great.why doesnt ftd do a series like this too?

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:17 pm

ritchie valens wrote:Librals are just a bunch of cry babies nothing more nothing less.the venus sets are great.why doesnt ftd do a series like this too?

I didn't know you were a Libral ... ;-)

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:00 pm

Hoping for a new release from Venus soon........

From press-release when "keeping them warm" was released:

VENUS Press-Release wrote:Stay tuned for our next volume in the Unedited Masters series plus another project of DVD/Book combos and don’t forget ....
If it sounds like from outer space, you can be sure it’s from VENUS.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

LSP-4445 wrote:Hoping for a new release from Venus soon........

VENUS Press-Release wrote:Stay tuned for our next volume in the Unedited Masters series plus another project of DVD/Book combos and don’t forget ....

Me too!, and I hope this time they concentrate on 60´s movies masters 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Yeah, we'll get a release featuring "Fort Lauderdale Chamber Of Commerce", "Startin' Tonight", "Wolf Call", "Kissin' Cousins (No. 2)" and "Catchin' On Fast" - if that would be the case, we can expect a 2-CD set of "Girl Happy" and "Kissin' Cousins" from FTD pretty soon. :mrgreen: :wink:

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

luckyjackson1 wrote:Yeah, we'll get a release featuring "Fort Lauderdale Chamber Of Commerce", "Startin' Tonight", "Wolf Call", "Kissin' Cousins (No. 2)" and "Catchin' On Fast" - if that would be the case, we can expect a 2-CD set of "Girl Happy" and "Kissin' Cousins" from FTD pretty soon. :mrgreen: :wink:

Don´t think will happen that on Girl Happy, we recently got an updated version on FTD with new masters found!. That was the right time to do this but they didn´t :cry:. Bye for now :smt006.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

LSP-4445 wrote:Hoping for a new release from Venus soon........

Me too!, and I hope this time they concentrate on 60´s movies masters 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Nah....I hope they still have more 70s tracks :smt004

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:36 pm

Hopefully they stick to what they are known for...good unreleased session stuff.... :wink:

Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:16 am

Would be cool if they would do a 1968 studio set like the new Stay away Joe cd but use all the takes not used on the Ftd and nothing edited.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:32 am

The Pittsburgh show was mentioned.. and the different excellent audience sources for this. Why doesn't somebody make the best AUDIO MERGE he can out of ALL of these sources to create the ultimate show?
I have lots of Jimi Hendrix merges, and they do sound a lot better than each source individually. For example, his last show. Or Atlanta '70, where they combined soundboard with an audience recording and a multitrack recordng. A lot more atmosphere and liveliness than even a professional recording can produce. It surprises me that audio merges are nowhere to be found in the Elvis world. For example, the Ann Arbor '77 show would be a good candidate (soundboard + audience recording). Or the show released on FTD's Takin' Tahoe Tonight. There are obviously a lot of possibilities (combining soundboard tape with audience recorded tape) with Elvis' best concerts.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:38 pm

Bring on more 70s 'Unedited masters'. Amazing series.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Takin' Tahoe Tonight is a mediocrity I wouldn't spend another dime on.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:44 pm

James27 wrote:The Pittsburgh show was mentioned.. and the different excellent audience sources for this. Why doesn't somebody make the best AUDIO MERGE he can out of ALL of these sources to create the ultimate show?
I have lots of Jimi Hendrix merges, and they do sound a lot better than each source individually. For example, his last show. Or Atlanta '70, where they combined soundboard with an audience recording and a multitrack recordng. A lot more atmosphere and liveliness than even a professional recording can produce. It surprises me that audio merges are nowhere to be found in the Elvis world. For example, the Ann Arbor '77 show would be a good candidate (soundboard + audience recording). Or the show released on FTD's Takin' Tahoe Tonight. There are obviously a lot of possibilities (combining soundboard tape with audience recorded tape) with Elvis' best concerts.

Couldn't agree more and yes, Ann Arbor would be nice.
The SB is incomplete though so a full hybrid show is not possible.

I think its a matter of time before we will see this coming.
Tired of the so called 'upgrades' anyway so this could be a nice step forward in the bootleg world.