Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

next venus release

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:59 pm

i wonder what the next venus release will be :)

Re: next venus release

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:11 pm

elvisland wrote:i wonder what the next venus release will be :)


I hope they will release something good soon if they still have anything unreleased.
In the past there has often been approx 2 months between each release and last one
was at the end of august.

Re: next venus release

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:30 pm

lets hope we get something good soon :D

Re: next venus release

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:32 pm

elvisland wrote:i wonder what the next venus release will be :)



Forget that...I'm still waiting in agony what the next Uranus release will be. :shock: :shock:

Re: next venus release

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:46 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
elvisland wrote:i wonder what the next venus release will be :)



Forget that...I'm still waiting in agony what the next Uranus release will be. :shock: :shock:


Uranus will bring.. a quick buck release.."The Best Of Venus ".. :lol:

Re: next venus release

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I would like them (VENUS) 8) to focus on unedited masters from the movies. That would be cool!!!!!!!!!!. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: next venus release

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:31 pm

An alternative audience recording of Pitsburgh 1976 would be cool.

Re: next venus release

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:23 pm

Robt wrote:An alternative audience recording of Pitsburgh 1976 would be cool.

Why? It certainly wouldn't be any better than what is out there now. Venus does not specialize in audience recordings.

That's the job of Straight Arrow.

Re: next venus release

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:25 pm

Strange you mention an alternate audience recording of Pitts '76,
just this week i received a tape (audio) of an excellent version of the show
in superb sound! recorded quite close to the guy who recorded the LP
version (Hermon), you can hear the guy and several other people shouting
out requests etc... with Elvis responding to them very clearly (that isn't picked
up on any other version), he sings 'Reconsider Baby' & 'Little Sister' by requests
of these fans & after 'Hound Dog' a small section of the audience sing 'Happy
Birthday to Elvis' (again not picked up on other recordings), there are quite a few
bits you hear on this recording that isn't on any other copy i've heard and i must
admit it's a VERY refreshing version of a well heard show, all in a sound that's also
VERY clear (better than LP? - maybe yes!).
It would be interesting to find out who recorded this show as it is quite close to the
familiar version - anyone have any ideas?

Re: next venus release

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:05 am

HAWAII wrote:Strange you mention an alternate audience recording of Pitts '76,
just this week i received a tape (audio) of an excellent version of the show
in superb sound! recorded quite close to the guy who recorded the LP
version (Hermon), you can hear the guy and several other people shouting
out requests etc... with Elvis responding to them very clearly (that isn't picked
up on any other version), he sings 'Reconsider Baby' & 'Little Sister' by requests
of these fans & after 'Hound Dog' a small section of the audience sing 'Happy
Birthday to Elvis' (again not picked up on other recordings), there are quite a few
bits you hear on this recording that isn't on any other copy i've heard and i must
admit it's a VERY refreshing version of a well heard show, all in a sound that's also
VERY clear (better than LP? - maybe yes!).
It would be interesting to find out who recorded this show as it is quite close to the
familiar version - anyone have any ideas?


Interesting, can you post a sample. There are two well known sources to date..

Re: next venus release

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:01 pm

How do i post sample?
There are 4 recordings i know of - The 2 that are released a 3rd
that was only available in parts (not too great sound) that came out
on audio-tape in the early 80's and now the 4th version which i have
that to my ears could be as good if not better than the released 2.
I'll post a sample if someone tells me how, or i'll mail it to someone who
can do it for me? (i can send as an MP3 file).

Re: next venus release

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:56 pm

What about the LP versions..?

Re: next venus release

Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:02 pm

version 1 LP version
version 2 Rags to Riches CD
version 3 Audio part only (Fever to end fair quality)
version 4 Audio (recorded close to fan recording LP version)
FTD released LP version from tape.
Version 4 has complete CAN'T HELP FALLING etc... But has clipped
Trying to get to you / polk salad & first part intros (clipped) but rest of
show complete.
Hope that helps Cisco.

Re: next venus release

Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:21 pm

HAWAII wrote:How do i post sample?
There are 4 recordings i know of - The 2 that are released a 3rd
that was only available in parts (not too great sound) that came out
on audio-tape in the early 80's and now the 4th version which i have
that to my ears could be as good if not better than the released 2.
I'll post a sample if someone tells me how, or i'll mail it to someone who
can do it for me? (i can send as an MP3 file).


Try me 8) .MP 3 format I can do something with it. Which track do you reckon sounds appreciably different to what we've heard before , that you are likely to send ?

Re: next venus release

Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:59 pm

PM me and i'll send track - I did send one to Robt but it's
gone to some work e:mail?

Re: next venus release

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Version 4 has complete CAN'T HELP FALLING etc... But has clipped
Trying to get to you / polk salad & first part intros (clipped) but rest of
show complete.


I got this one also, a few years already, i believe i've got it then from Jordan....

Version 1 and 2 are known ones, and great to listen too (altough i prefer the "Auld long syne" cd above the lp and FTD), however this 4th version is a fantastic alternate to the above, and yes, even a slightly bit better.


I've uploaded an MP3 from "Rags to riches" from that source...
For download here

https://rapidshare.com/files/1684112674/Track No36.mp3

Re: next venus release

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:08 pm

HAWAII wrote:PM me and i'll send track - I did send one to Robt but it's
gone to some work e:mail?



Got it and it's interesting..
The tape needs some clean up and speed adjustment but my first impression was that it's the best source out there!

Very impressive..

Thanks for sending.

Re: next venus release

Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:10 pm

Let us have a listen, too!

Re: next venus release

Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:22 pm

The link doesn't work. Could you please reupload it?

Re: next venus release

Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:30 pm

The urgency for a Pittsburgh soundboard isn't that high anymore now that we have three great sources don't you think?

Re: next venus release

Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:37 pm

Joern wrote:The link doesn't work. Could you please reupload it?


Link works but just a slight error while making a hyper link by poster
Try this:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1684112674/Track%20No36.mp3

Re: next venus release

Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:49 pm

KingElvis wrote:
Joern wrote:The link doesn't work. Could you please reupload it?


Link works but just a slight error while making a hyper link by poster
Try this:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1684112674/Track%20No36.mp3


Thank you very much. I'll give it a listen now.

Re: next venus release

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:04 pm

Rob wrote:
Robt wrote:An alternative audience recording of Pitsburgh 1976 would be cool.

Why? It certainly wouldn't be any better than what is out there now. Venus does not specialize in audience recordings.

That's the job of Straight Arrow.


Robt has displayed quite some redicoulous ideas, mixing up labels recently but we all hope hè is getting his act together soon..

Re: next venus release

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:52 pm

HAWAII wrote:Strange you mention an alternate audience recording of Pitts '76,
just this week i received a tape (audio) of an excellent version of the show
in superb sound! recorded quite close to the guy who recorded the LP
version (Hermon), you can hear the guy and several other people shouting
out requests etc... with Elvis responding to them very clearly (that isn't picked
up on any other version), he sings 'Reconsider Baby' & 'Little Sister' by requests
of these fans & after 'Hound Dog' a small section of the audience sing 'Happy
Birthday to Elvis' (again not picked up on other recordings), there are quite a few
bits you hear on this recording that isn't on any other copy i've heard and i must
admit it's a VERY refreshing version of a well heard show, all in a sound that's also
VERY clear (better than LP? - maybe yes!).
It would be interesting to find out who recorded this show as it is quite close to the
familiar version - anyone have any ideas?


I've mentioned this source material a few times in the past. There is a running commentary between two guys, one of whom shouts the requests. They also talk about the Pontiac show. Earlier in the gig, Elvis addresses one of them directly - "I've seen you before, somewhere." They were obviously concert regulars.

Re: next venus release

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:09 pm

elvisjock wrote:
HAWAII wrote:Strange you mention an alternate audience recording of Pitts '76,
just this week i received a tape (audio) of an excellent version of the show
in superb sound! recorded quite close to the guy who recorded the LP
version (Hermon), you can hear the guy and several other people shouting
out requests etc... with Elvis responding to them very clearly (that isn't picked
up on any other version), he sings 'Reconsider Baby' & 'Little Sister' by requests
of these fans & after 'Hound Dog' a small section of the audience sing 'Happy
Birthday to Elvis' (again not picked up on other recordings), there are quite a few
bits you hear on this recording that isn't on any other copy i've heard and i must
admit it's a VERY refreshing version of a well heard show, all in a sound that's also
VERY clear (better than LP? - maybe yes!).
It would be interesting to find out who recorded this show as it is quite close to the
familiar version - anyone have any ideas?


I've mentioned this source material a few times in the past. There is a running commentary between two guys, one of whom shouts the requests. They also talk about the Pontiac show. Earlier in the gig, Elvis addresses one of them directly - "I've seen you before, somewhere." They were obviously concert regulars.


It's a bit of a surprise to me this source isn't available..
Are there only cdr's around with this recording?