Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album series?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Now that we have From EP Blvd coming out on FTD Classic Album series, what other regular catalog titles can we expect in the future in the 2CD/7" packaging? These are the ones I can think of:

Elvis (1956)
'68 Comeback Special
From Elvis in Memphis
As Recorded at MSG
Aloha from Hawaii
Moody Blue
Elvis in Concert

Any other regular titles, besides potential lost/fictional albums like Standing Room Only and Guitar Man?

Thanks!

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:52 pm

The A legendary performer 1-4 would be nice , and the budget albums combined in a box(of course to keep the format with a low budget price)

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:37 pm

thistrain wrote:Now that we have From EP Blvd coming out on FTD Classic Album series, what other regular catalog titles can we expect in the future in the 2CD/7" packaging? These are the ones I can think of:

Elvis (1956)
'68 Comeback Special
From Elvis in Memphis
As Recorded at MSG
Aloha from Hawaii
Moody Blue
Elvis in Concert



I would add the following, including a number of compilations released during Elvis' lifetime:

Elvis' Golden Records (not many potential outtakes, but since Vol. 2 was done it is a potential release)
Elvis' Gold Records Vol. 3
Roustabout (again, very few outtakes, but the precdent is now set with the release of Hits of the 70's)
Elvis for Everyone
Elvis' Gold Records Vol. 4
Welcome to My World

Of the above, I really don't expect any of them to be released, although I would think that the gold records compilations would be logical, and would have the opportunity for outtakes.

I am not sure Aloha or MSG will be (or should be) done. Aloha could have potential, if outtakes of the extra songs were included, but I am not sure MSG has any value, especially given the PFAP release.

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:45 pm

The Gold Records series (extended versions) can be found in this 2011 Sony collection.
I can only assume it uses the 2007 and newer remasters but I can't be sure.
I do like the idea of FTD re-issuing the Legendary Performer series as complete versions have not been issued officially on CD to date.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Having Fun With Elvis On Stage and Elvis in Demand (A 16 tracker, UK only release).

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Elvis Sings For Children (and Grownups, Too).

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:02 pm

Doesn't count. It's too short to merit the classic albums treatment. My Friend , you sure it was even released on RCA main label ?

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:03 pm

If we are going to go down the post-1977 route, then I'd add in the following:

This is Elvis
Greatest Hits Vol. 1
Gold Records Vol. 5

Of the three, I'd personally like to see This is Elvis the most, given that it has never officially come out on CD in the US.

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:04 pm

If you're talking about Elvis Sings For Children (and Grownups, Too) I'm not sure it would be considered as part of the Classic Album series as it was issued by RCA in 1978.

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:07 pm

What about For LP Fans Only and A Date With Elvis

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Elvis-Presley-Elvis-In-Demand--133198.jpg


I tell you friends, Elvis in Demand is a sure fire winner :mrgreen: What a eerie image (almost ghostly looking) front cover it was. Do it Ernst but add four bonus cuts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Robt on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Plus it's a good set of songs released in 1977 just prior to Elvis death.


1. Suspicion
2. Hi Heel Sneakers
3. Got A Lot O' Livin' To do
4. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You ?
5. Please Don't Drag That String Around
6. It's Only Love
7. The Sound Of Your Cry
8. Viva Las Vegas
9. Do Not Disturb
10. Tomorrow Is A Long Time
11. Long Lonely Highway
12. Puppet On A String
13. The First Time I Ever Saw Your Facce
14. Summer Kisses Winter Tears
15. It Hurts Me
16. Let It Be Me

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:23 pm

elvis-fan wrote:If you're talking about Elvis Sings For Children (and Grownups, Too) I'm not sure it would be considered as part of the Classic Album series as it was issued by RCA in 1978.
DSCN3699.JPG

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:25 pm

It Still doesn't count. It's an RCA compact disc re-issue.

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Plus it runs at 24:04. Here's the tracklisting. Not surprisingly 9 of the tracks are from his movies.

(Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
Wooden Heart
Five Sleepyheads
Puppet On a String
Angel
Old MacDonald
How Would You Like to Be
Cotton Candy Land
Old Shep
Have a Happy

Here's a bit of a brian teaser, What other tracks would you feature for a possible FTD classic albums upgrade. You can have just 10 songs :mrgreen: .

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:38 pm

Just remember, the Children love Elvis Presley too.

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:38 pm

elvis-fan wrote:The Gold Records series (extended versions) can be found in this 2011 Sony collection.
I can only assume it uses the 2007 and newer remasters but I can't be sure.
I do like the idea of FTD re-issuing the Legendary Performer series as complete versions have not been issued officially on CD to date.


Pretty sure these are the old masters.

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:40 pm

thistrain wrote:Now that we have From EP Blvd coming out on FTD Classic Album series, what other regular catalog titles can we expect in the future in the 2CD/7" packaging? These are the ones I can think of:

Elvis (1956)
'68 Comeback Special
From Elvis in Memphis
As Recorded at MSG
Aloha from Hawaii
Moody Blue
Elvis in Concert

Any other regular titles, besides potential lost/fictional albums like Standing Room Only and Guitar Man?

Thanks!



Add GI Blues vol. 2 and Guitar Man vol. 2

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:21 am

thistrain wrote:Now that we have From EP Blvd coming out on FTD Classic Album series, what other regular catalog titles can we expect in the future in the 2CD/7" packaging? These are the ones I can think of:

Elvis (1956)
'68 Comeback Special
From Elvis in Memphis
As Recorded at MSG
Aloha from Hawaii
Moody Blue
Elvis in Concert

Any other regular titles, besides potential lost/fictional albums like Standing Room Only and Guitar Man?

Thanks!


Christmas
King Creole
Kissin Cousins
Roustabout
Speedway
Having Fun With Elvis

I suppose you would have to issue King Creole the Music without the book, Christmas would need a lot of gospel outtakes from 1957.
The sixties soundtracks mono mixes could fill them up. Having Fun I suppose can be forgotten, but if they wanted to it would be an easy enough thing to add to.

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:57 am

Regarding Elvis Sings For Children as a classic release. Good grief, people. I wasn't serious.

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:12 am

ELVIS (1956)
ELVIS’ CHRISTMAS ALBUM
FLAMING STAR
KISSIN’ COUSINS
ROUSTABOUT
SPEEDWAY
LITTE A LITTLE, LOVE A LITTLE/STAY AWAY JOE/THE TROUBLE WITH GIRLS/CHARRO/CHANGE OF HABIT
THE NBC TV SPECIAL
FROM ELVIS IN MEMPHIS
MOODY BLUE
ELVIS IN CONCERT
Also maybe KING CREOLE if there are more outtakes to fill in. The CD with the book may not count as a classic album release?

I didn't list the Golden Record series as most of the track are represented elsewhere. Still, it would be nice if there are "left overs" to fill in.

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:48 am

Love Me Tender (1956)
Elvis (1956)
Elvis' Christmas Album (1957)

A set that would gather all of the binaural secular material from early 1957 would be nice as well.

Elvis Golden Records (1958)
King Creole (1958)
For LP Fans Only (1959)
A Date With Elvis (1959)

I'd also like a set that would for once gather all of the known home recordings from Germany from 1959-1960.

G.I. Blues Volume 2 (1960)
Flaming Star (1960)
Elvis Gold Records Vol. 3 (1963)
Kissin' Cousins (1964)
Roustabout (1964)
Elvis For Everyone (1965)

A set that would gather all of the home recordings dating from 1966-1967.

Speedway (1968)
Elvis' Gold Records Vol. 4 (1968)
Elvis - TV Special (1968)
From Elvis In Memphis (1969)
Back In Memphis (1969)
Let's Be Friends (1970)
Elvis, Worldwide 50 Gold Award Hits Vol. 1 (1970)
Almost In Love (1970)
Elvis, The Other Sides, Worldwide Gold Award Hits Vol. 2 (1971)

For both volumes of Worldwide Gold Award Hits, I would prefer FTD revert back to the original mono mixes found on the LPs. In the booklet that was included with the mid-90's CD reissue of Vol. 2, it was mentioned that there were several tracks for consideration that ultimately were excluded. These included a duplicate listing of "My Baby Left Me," the four songs from the "Peace In The Valley" EP as well as "Rubberneckin'," "My Little Friend" and "Mama Liked The Roses."

As Recorded At Madison Square Garden (1972)
Aloha From Hawaii Via Satellite (1973)
Having Fun On Stage With Elvis (1974)
Moody Blue (1977)
Elvis In Concert (1977)
Guitar Man (1981)
This Is Elvis (1981)
I Was The One / The Elvis Medley (1983)
Elvis' Gold Records Vol. 5 (1984)

For Vol. 5 of Gold Records, I would prefer FTD revert back to the original stereo mixes used on the LP as in some cases they were much better than what is used today ("If I Can Dream" comes to mind). Also, some longer fade-outs were included as well ("If You Talk In Your Sleep" comes to mind).

All four volumes of "A Legendary Performer" along with the unreleased volume 5.
Last edited by Daryl on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:28 pm

L Ray wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:The Gold Records series (extended versions) can be found in this 2011 Sony collection.
I can only assume it uses the 2007 and newer remasters but I can't be sure.
I do like the idea of FTD re-issuing the Legendary Performer series as complete versions have not been issued officially on CD to date.


Pretty sure these are the old masters.


I have that box and they are, indeed, the old masters and not new ones.

Re: What titles are missing from the FTD Classic Album serie

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Daryl wrote:Love Me Tender (1956)
Elvis (1956)
Elvis' Christmas Album (1957)

A set that would gather all of the binaural secular material from early 1957 would be nice as well.

Elvis Golden Records (1958)
King Creole (1958)
For LP Fans Only (1959)
A Date With Elvis (1959)

I'd also like a set that would for once gather all of the known home recordings from Germany from 1959-1960.

G.I. Blues Volume 2 (1960)
Flaming Star (1960)
Elvis Gold Records Vol. 3 (1963)
Kissin' Cousins (1964)
Roustabout (1964)
Elvis For Everyone (1965)

A set that would gather all of the home recordings dating from 1966-1967.

Speedway (1968)
Elvis' Gold Records Vol. 4 (1968)
Elvis - TV Special (1968)
From Elvis In Memphis (1969)
Back In Memphis (1969)
Let's Be Friends (1970)
Elvis, Worldwide 50 Gold Award Hits Vol. 1 (1970)
Almost In Love (1970)
Elvis, The Other Sides, Worldwide Gold Award Hits Vol. 2 (1971)

For both volumes of Worldwide Gold Award Hits, I would prefer FTD revert back to the original mono mixes found on the LPs. In the booklet that was included with the mid-90's CD reissue of Vol. 2, it was mentioned that there were several tracks for consideration that ultimately were excluded. These included a duplicate listing of "My Baby Left Me," the four songs from the "Peace In The Valley" EP as well as "Rubberneckin'," "My Little Friend" and "Mama Liked The Roses."

As Recorded At Madison Square Garden (1972)
Aloha From Hawaii Via Satellite (1973)
Having Fun On Stage With Elvis (1974)
Moody Blue (1977)
Elvis In Concert (1977)
Guitar Man (1981)
This Is Elvis (1981)
I Was The One / The Elvis Medley (1983)
Elvis' Gold Records Vol. 5 (1984)

For Vol. 5 of Gold Records, I would prefer FTD revert back to the original stereo mixes used on the LP as in some cases they were much better than what is used today ("If I Can Dream" comes to mind). Also, some longer fade-outs were included as well ("If You Talk In Your Sleep" comes to mind).

All four volumes of "A Legendary Performer" along with the unreleased volume 5.


To complete your list with albums I would like to have in the FTD special album format, as there are many versions / mixes, that have not appeared elsewhere:

Rocker Vol 1, 2 and the planned Vol 3 (different mixes)
The Memphis Record (very distinctive mixes)
Reconsider Baby (the blues album; different versions and mixes: would also be a nice place for the overdubbed version of One Night Of Sin)
The Sound Of Your Cry / Greatest Hits Vol 1
A set with all TV-Shows from 56-60 would also be nice.
+++++
Some additional thoughts:
Elvis (1956) could have the songs of the TV shows on CD 2
Golden Records 3, 4 and 5 could contain the mono mixes on CD 2.
Flaming Star could include the Love Me Tender soundtrack (making a nice Western CD)
Elvis Christmas Album could have the Camden version on CD 2 (I know, duplication, but for sentimental reasons...)
Elvis For Everyone could contain other releases of 50s songs of the time (Ain't That Loving You Baby, Tell Me Why) as well as (at the time) unreleased songs of early 60s soundtrack.
Let's Be Friends and Almost In Love could concentrate on the late 60s movie songs.
You'll Never Walk Alone could be re-created as the 4th (back then the 3rd) gospel album adding both re-recorded versions of Swing Down Sweet Chariot and all versions of You'll Never Walk Alone in one row (unedited).

There would be duplication, yes. But the classic album series is about albums, not about chronological song lists. That was for the Complete Works mega set.